Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 01:20 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Picking out one part of my statement and omitting the rest, that shows that what I have said cannot be refuted.

When I said I did not care, it should have been clear about what I said. I was not talking about crime statistics per se. I said do not care why some people perceive Blacks the way they do. My point was that if anyone is committing a crime, you don't give them a pass because "their demographic is less prone to crime". It does not make sense because what it does is send a message of "I can get away with anything". It is also destructive.

I never once said there weren't problems. I said I don't care why some people perceive Blacks the way they do. I am going to call people on it. Alot of people don't care why many Blacks commit crimes. If Blacks are going to be held to scrutiny for crime, then why not hold all people to scrutiny for their attitudes towards others of any race?

Again, can you refute that a White person committing a crime is just as destructive as a Black person committing that very same crime? Again, please refute it. Don't bring up statistics. Concentrate on the over all result of a crime being committed?

Yea I never got that talking point that a black person should care that another black person committed a crime, yet it's not the same on the reverse side.

White males also overwhelmingly are sexual predators and pedophilias, according to the white males logic in this thread I should call the cops anytime a white male is in the vicinity of a child.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:28 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Can't say that I've heard that joke. Not sure why it's a "joke".
It is an old racist joke and can be told many ways - "what do you call a black doctor?" Answer: "a n*gg**". "what do you call a black business man?" Answer: "a n*gg**."

The new one is: "what do you call a black doctor?" Answer: "A doctor you racist!!"

LOL. The new one is actually funny!

Old 02-20-2014, 01:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Oh it isn't? then by all means it should be totally regarded as bunk
It doesn't have to be a scientific study to show a point in time.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:37 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,578 times
A well dressed black man doesn't even have to be breaking into a car, he could simply be driving a car and would still encounter greater scrutinity from the police and misc. white people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's what I want to see. To prove anything, they should have run this test right after their first one.

I want to see an experiment with a well dressed black man "breaking in to" a car, and a dirty, messy looking white guy trying to "break in to" the same car. See how people react then. I'll bet you that the black man wouldn't have cops called on him, but the white grungy looking guy would. It IS in how you present yourself.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Do blacks commit more crimes or are they arrested more for their crimes? There is a BIG difference and this video explains it pretty simply. Even still, I'm not surprised so many of you don't get it.

I can no more prevent a black criminal from committing a crime than you can a white criminal, so stop with that tired line.

1. You aren't really suggesting that blacks DO NOT COMMIT MORE CRIMES, but are simply falsely arrested more often than whites, are you? If you are, then PC lunacy has taken a firm hold in your psyche.

2. I am not "asking" YOU to do anything about crime in the black community (unless you are black and commit crimes). Each Afro-American must change their culture, emphasize education, two parent familes, and take a firm stand against crime THEMSELVES. Change starts within an arm's length!

The only people that can stop blacks from committing crimes are the black criminals themselves.

3. Presuming that a black man, rather than a white man, is a criminal is not "racism". It is common sense supported by statistics. No degree of PC jibberish can change that fact.

For people who do not believe that #3 is true, I would ask you take a walking "field trip" to Harlem or Watts late at night. It would be preferable if you carried a large wad of cash and expensive clothes. If you do not do this, perhaps you are a "racist".

Old 02-20-2014, 01:46 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Yea I never got that talking point that a black person should care that another black person committed a crime, yet it's not the same on the reverse side.

White males also overwhelmingly are sexual predators and pedophilias, according to the white males logic in this thread I should call the cops anytime a white male is in the vicinity of a child.
To be honest, I despise it when another Black person commits a crime. Actually, I despise it when anyone commits a crime, period. What I do know is this. Whenever a Black person commits a crime, it isn't looked at as "he's mentally ill" or "that individual has some issues". It is looked at as "this is what Blacks do". Said Black criminal isn't looked at as "just a criminal". I shouldn't have to care. It should be "you did the crime, you do the time".

I will tell you about someone I know. There was a guy who lived in my neighborhood in the early 2000s, who happened to be Black. He committed an armed robbery. I didn't feel any sympathy for him when he went to prison for nearly 10 years. No sympathy for him. He did the crime, he did the time. What did go through my then-teenage mind(I was 17 when this happened) was "oh boy, now the rest of us Black Americans are going to pay". I thought that because there had been a few other Black males(all of them under 18 though) who had caused some problems in the subdivision and one neighbor said "those Black kids are causing problems again". It was looked at from a racial perspective. It disturbs me that I have to care, not because it hurts Black people when crimes occur, but because I have to worry about what a person would think of me because I am Black. It's stressful having to worry.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Where you go wrong is that you don't admit that crime is rare. Crime is not common. There are 40 million black people in the US. 2 percent of the population committed some crime in 2013.

The problem is stupid white people who believe everything they see on TV.

Richard Sherman's rant on TV and how white people responded on twitter was the perfect example of that.

Didn't matter that he was a Stanford grad with a 3.9 GPA with no criminal history. He was the stereotypical thug that white america is used to being presented to in the media.

When you see that day in and day out, you will begin to expect every black person to act that way.

Even you in this thread have admitted that you profile all black people, so you bought what they sold as well.
Agree with everything you stated but wanted to point out in regards to the bold that 2% of the black population is ARRESTED annually, being arrested doesn't mean that one committed a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Right, and Africans aren't violent?
Africans are violent due to the learned behavior from their former colonial rulers for the most part. Not saying there was not violence before European colonization but the type of violence was much more violent and destructive after the Europeans arrived (mostly due to the weaponry that Europeans brought to the continent). If we want to rate continental violence - Europeans have been the most violent people in the past 5 centuries. Not too many other citizens on other continents travelled to other areas across the world and killed entire groups of people and raped so many women and stole so many cultures and valuable goods than Europeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
'

It depends. If it's an Asian Carp it's an invasive species and...oh never mind.

Blacks are much more likely to be committing a crime, sorry but there it is. Stop blaming whitey for being prudent if not a tad overcautious.
Blacks are not more likely to commit a crime - they are more likely to be arrested for a crime. When someone is arrested, they are more likely to be convicted of a crime.

Again it is interesting that so many of you continually are focused on black and crime. The white man was committing a crime but he got away with it, so you don't see him as proof of "white criminality." When a black kid commits a crime and is caught and convicted since more scrutiny is put upon him than the many other similar white criminals, you try to use it as proof as whites being less criminally minded???.....interesting...

Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. You aren't really suggesting that blacks DO NOT COMMIT MORE CRIMES, but are simply falsely arrested more often than whites, are you? If you are, then PC lunacy has taken a firm hold in your psyche.

2. I am not "asking" YOU to do anything about crime in the black community (unless you are black and commit crimes). Each Afro-American must change their culture, emphasize education, two parent familes, and take a firm stand against crime THEMSELVES. Change starts within an arm's length!

The only people that can stop blacks from committing crimes are the black criminals themselves.

3. Presuming that a black man, rather than a white man, is a criminal is not "racism". It is common sense supported by statistics. No degree of PC jibberish can change that fact.

For people who do not believe that #3 is true, I would ask you take a walking "field trip" to Harlem or Watts late at night. It would be preferable if you carried a large wad of cash and expensive clothes. If you do not do this, perhaps you are a "racist".

Great, so based on stats I can presume that a white man, rather then a black man, is a sexual predator, pedo, and a meth head. It's common sense supported by statistics. No degree of PC jibberish can change that fact. I'll make sure to call the cops the next time I see a white male on a computer or near a kid.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:49 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
A well dressed black man doesn't even have to be breaking into a car, he could simply be driving a car and would still encounter greater scrutinity from the police and misc. white people.
And I know this from experience. In fact, I posted an experience of mine on this thread. Granted, I like to dress nice. I like what I look like when I wear a suit. However, the idea that I have to dress professional in order to keep people from perceiving me as a threat is disturbing to me. The idea that I can't dress casual lest someone looks at me as a threat, I don't want to deal with that at all.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

In regards to #1, I am asserting that. If white people were heavily scrutinized like blacks, especially based on the fact that white people use drugs at a MUCH higher rate than other ethnicities in this country and drug addicts commit a ton of crimes.

2 - I don't know any black person that calls themselves an "Afro" American lol. Also I love my black American culture. As stated in another thread - black people have basically created American culture, we are not all that different from other Americans. Black people do emphasize education, which is why our educational achievement has increased more than any other demographic in this country since the end of state sponsored racism back in the 1960s. Two parent families are decreasing for all Americans not just black. Crime in black neighborhoods and predominately black cities has decreased more than other non-urban areas since the 1970s. Crime is the lowest it has been in decades. You should give us kudos for all the positive changes that we have made in education, economically, and in decreasing crime......waiting.....

3. Presuming a black man is a criminal IS racist! As stated earlier - statistics are based upon arrest, blacks are scrutinized and arrested more than whites even though we statistically are not likely to use drugs and drugs cause a lot of crime. In our country there should be at least 3 times more white people in jail based on drug use alone.

FWIW, I challenge you to come to my own neighborhood. I live in an area called "the bluff" in Atlanta. There is a movie called "Snow in da Bluff" that depicts what life used to be like in my neighborhood on Netflix. I know a lot of the people in the movie BTW. If you walk through as a white person, no one will bother you. White people walk through my neighborhood all the time. The white guys are usually asked if they want some drugs as my neighborhood is known as a heroine neighborhood and white people overwhelmingly use heroine. That would be about the only trouble you would get.

As an aside, I was speaking to a white guy who is a community advocate who told me and others he took a driving tour through our neighborhood. He was approached by people on the street, when he rolled down his window, he was asked if he was lost because he didn't look like he belonged around here!

The fact of you saying that walking in Harlem or Watts would put you in danger is proof of your racist, prejudicial attitudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies