Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:16 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thanks for the links I asked for. I'll study them well and refine my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:17 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The cuts came out of Medicare Part C which were payments to insurance companies. This is Republicans running to the left of Democrats trying to inflate Medicare spending. The only ones to profit by this are the insurance companies.
You win the gold medal for creativity and consistency: there is never any problem with the "Affordable Care Act" that you cannot explain with some massively creative use of the language. Kudos to Borregokid.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The 700 billion taken from Medicare Advantage plans has been a known fact since 2010. the alternate republican plan has the same cuts. that was one area that both republicans and democrats agreed on. Medicare advantage subsidies to private insurance companies was a big giveaway.

I looked at a Humana advantage plan this year and it paid my 165.00 medicare pt B deductable, a silver sneakers membership and my PCP visit was the same and that was for $0 plan premium outside my normal pt B medicare payment.

Once again the article is a right wing biased publication. You're gonna have to provide some actual proof that people are getting screwed on medicare advantage, which is still the best deal in the medicare system.

this is old news, repackaged and reformulated by Obamacare haters just to keep the hate on the front page through fear and paranoia. Just another coat of lipstick on a tea party pig.
If Obama care was so great why has the present had to change it 28 times

Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
As Nancy said we had to pass it to know what was in it

Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube Dumber than Dumb.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Ban you imagine the outcry if a republican said that

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If Obama care was so great why has the present had to change it 28 times
I've never said that Obamacare was so great. I said Medicare Advantage plans are still the best deal in medicare even with the cut in payments to the insurers, a program started in the mid 60s by LBJ.
Obamacare is still much better than the Republican alternative........Oh wait......the republicans have no alternatives except
"Sell insurance across state lines"....(republican code for deregulate and disband all the state insurance regulatory commissions)
"Tort Reform" (Republican code for removing any redress the common patient has for the hundreds of thousands of medical malpractice cases a year)

Last edited by mohawkx; 02-20-2014 at 09:44 AM..

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
But someone did tell you, all you had to do was read it before you voted for it.
remember when Democrats mocked the idea of reading the bill by hiring a speed reader? Yeah, Democrats think our lives and the damages they are doing to the nation is a joke.

Why anyone votes for them is a mystery

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
I've never said that Obamacare was so great. I said Medicare Advantage plans are still the best deal in medicare even with the cut in payments to the insurers, a program started in the mid 60s by LBJ.
Obamacare is still much better than the Republican alternative........Oh wait......the republicans have no alternatives except
"Sell insurance across state lines"....(republican code for deregulate and disband all the state insurance oversight commissions)
"Tort Reform" (Republican code for removing any redress the common patient has for the hundreds of thousands of medical malpractice cases a year)
Actually, we will never know what they provide...since they are sitting on harry desk...never to see the light of day...

Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
The 700 billion taken from Medicare Advantage plans has been a known fact since 2010. the alternate republican plan has the same cuts.
Actually no.. The Republican BUDGET proposal had the same cuts, but thats because IT WAS LAW.

Are you suggesting Republicans ignore the law?

Old 02-20-2014, 10:45 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
give me one link to an example of "Dems writing CMS". Just one. I think this is your secret fantasy.
It's in the linked article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies