Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,660,085 times

Advertisements

Are we close to this in America and should be following the ideas of wisdom from jefferson and washington.

Anti-Government Protests in the Ukraine | Liberty Statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,494,665 times
It will happen instantaneously in th US when the welfare dependends don't get their free sh*t.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Are we close to this in America and should be following the ideas of wisdom from jefferson and washington.

Anti-Government Protests in the Ukraine | Liberty Statement
No, we are not close to this. All voters have to do is wise up a bit and stop voting in Republicans and Democrats. A violent revolt is not necessary here.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
No we are not close to this happening here, even when the far right wingers whine that it is. I am still waiting for them to start their revolution and secede from the country after Obama won his second term like they were promising.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:58 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No we are not close to this happening here, even when the far right wingers whine that it is. I am still waiting for them to start their revolution and secede from the country after Obama won his second term like they were promising.
Yeah or like when Bush won in 04 how we heard the same thing from the other extremists.

All a bunch of whiners and do nothings. They vote democrat and republican over and over and expect change.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:16 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,651,204 times
Yes , all the liberal weirdos protest daily lol

Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,923,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
No, we are not close to this. All voters have to do is wise up a bit and stop voting in Republicans and Democrats. A violent revolt is not necessary here.

Unless of course... the game is rigged. I guess we'd have to have a better turnout of folks voting for 3rd parties such as you and I, before we could draw that conclusion. Then again, considering the 2 main parties are pretty much one and the same anymore, when it comes to wanting a more intrusive and bloated government, it wouldn't suprise me.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 PM

76,829 posts, read 47,146,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
One must understand what the Ukranian issue is all about, and I get a feeling you do not understand. It is not an "anti government" issue (where people protest against government in general), it is an issue where half the country is pro-europe, and the other half is pro-Russia. The current leadership (democratically elected) is pro-Russia, and the pro-EU people protest against it.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yeah or like when Bush won in 04 how we heard the same thing from the other extremists.

All a bunch of whiners and do nothings. They vote democrat and republican over and over and expect change.
I thought people threatening to leave the country when Bush won was being idiotic as well.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 PM

493 posts, read 778,686 times
My shipmates and I were crew on the last american military ship to berth at a soviet port, vladivostok to be exact, in the spring of 1992

we had gotten underway again in the sea of japan when we learned the communist empire had fallen for good. for young men and women who had grown up in the cold war, the feeling of euphoria swept over everyone. no longer would people have to live under the oppression of marxism, maybe after no longer being told they were nothing and the govt was everything, the people we had visited in vladivostok and elsewhere in russia would no longer be desperately sad and depressed

now to see my own govt, with its own marxist aspirations, opposing democracy in the old communist empire, that is the OPPOSITE of euphoria, and perhaps i relate to the depression of soviet subjects a little better....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies