Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:19 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Theirs very little numbers wise that separated the majority from the minority and the Republican partydoes not need to do away with their Conservative values and morph into Liberals to appease you all.
That's the mindset that will doom the republican party. What if/when the numbers become larger? Will they change or continue to promote policies which the the majority of voters are against?

Old 02-21-2014, 12:21 AM

307 posts, read 405,379 times
we wont sellout http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...itor/color.gif our beliefs.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP14 View Post
Not until Rush gives the order.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
That's the mindset that will doom the republican party. What if/when the numbers become larger? Will they change or continue to promote policies which the the majority of voters are against?
The Republican party is more than MJ, Abortion, and Gay marriage. Regardless of how Republicans may personally feel about it, they can do nothing to change the last 2 I mentioned because those issues have already been decided by the courts. The MJ issue is not split across party lines, and the people who are in charge of and run the federal government aren't Conservative. Last time I checked, it was the Feds who had the most resistance against MJ. Either way, theirs nothing wrong with opposing drug uses.

Using your same logic and for example, if 51% of Americans were Conservative and 45% were Liberals, and the 51% majority of Conservative thought that Abortion should be criminalized, would you condone or agree with your party abandoning their values and just going along with the majority just so that they can pick up a few extra votes? There's nothing wrong with having a separate opinion on issues. The problem I have with BOTH PARTIES is that they BOTH are equally trying to force their social values and agenda on others who do not agree with them. Both parties need to get out of the social issue business on the federal level IMHO.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 02-21-2014 at 12:47 AM..

Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
The Republican party is more than MJ, Abortion, and Gay marriage.
I understand that. However, these tend to be sensitive issues (MJ excluded) that the republican party has not come to terms with and the majority of American's disagree with their stance.

I am not arguing their against their values. My argument is that they will continue to lose prominence if they do not adapt.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:11 AM

458 posts, read 644,897 times
Quote:
I do not know about Reagan nor do I care, but I would like to add that if right-wingers have a double standard, then the left must have no standards because apparently they do not care nor do they let out a "peep" no matter who's running up the dept.
You apparently have no clue what the definition of double standard means.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
You apparently have no clue what the definition of double standard means.
How so?

Old 02-21-2014, 02:00 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
The far right are really good at being loud, but their numbers are quite low. Why are you allowing such a small population determine how you view conservatives? That would be similar to allowing very liberal people determine what the average liberal base must be.

It amazes me to see how people assume conservatism means Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. If there weren't two bigger jokes out there.
You just live in a poor neighborhood f you're not spotting the right.
Continue

Old 02-21-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I understand that. However, these tend to be sensitive issues (MJ excluded) that the republican party has not come to terms with and the majority of American's disagree with their stance.

I am not arguing their against their values. My argument is that they will continue to lose prominence if they do not adapt.
They do not need to "adapt" aka morph into a Liberal. I do not believe that they're losing elections because of their opinions on social issues that they can do little to change. It's my opinion that they're losing not because of what they believe but how they're expressing their distaste for other people's beliefs. It's not what they're saying, but how they're saying it and are coming across to others. For example, instead of calling half of America lazy during an election, they could have instead articulated to others how their plan was better and how they planned on creating jobs. This is why I believe they are losing prominence. They're doing to much belittling while not expressing in plain English what their views are in a positive manner. Once they change that, then they will close the small gap that exist in elections regardless of the bigger gap that may exist of social issues. that;'s just my opinion...

Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't know who you are friends with, but everyone I knew that are Bernie Sanders supporters knew Obama was not Hope and Change. Only mainstream Democrats, aka left liberals, believed him. I didn't, Obama is a center-right president when you take his stance on gay marriage out of the equation
Obama's stance on Gay Marriage is whichever way the wind is blowing.

When Obama was a State Senator out of Chicago, most of his constituents were for Gay Marriage and so was Obama.

Then when Obama became a US Senator and represented the entire state of Illinois, most of his constituents were opposed to Gay Marriage and Obama instantly flip flopped to oppose Gay Marriage based on his 'fundamental Christian beliefs' that supposedly didn't exist when he was just a state senator.

Then as President, the moment that the majority was for Gay Marriage, Obama flip flopped a second time back to his original position and was for Gay Marriage.

It is not about principle, but rather votes with Obama.

P.S. I support Gay Marriage based on Principle since the 1990s, unlike our president.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 02-21-2014 at 04:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies