Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:28 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times

Advertisements

Personally i know people who vote for Obama because he's black and will call you racist for voting for Biden and or Romney

Old 02-21-2014, 12:00 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I think she has a point about her statement on Obama. As for America not being ready for a woman president as she states in the interview, I would have to say she is right when it comes to Hillary who just doesn't have what it takes to be president. She lacks governing skills and has no idea about balancing budgets, exercising fiscal reforms and making judicial appointments. One person who does have those special qualities is Governor Sarah Palin who would make a fine president. She wouldn't have to learn on the job training like Obama has done due to his lack of executive experience. She is a very capable woman who had a stellar record of executive accomplishments as governor of Alaska. Like Obama, Hillary also lacks accomplishments when is comes to policy making.

Michele Bachman Under Fire For Saying America is Not Ready For Female President, Obama Got Elected Because of White Guilt
I don't like Michele Bachmann very much, but this story is an example what drives me crazy about the media and how people run with a story.

Here is her quote from the Cal Thomas interview:
“I think there was a cachet about having an African-American president because of guilt.”

Cal Thomas then inserts:
(Presumably she means because of slavery and the lengthy denial of civil rights to blacks.)

Cal Thomas was doing the interview, why couldn't he have just asked a followup question as to what she meant by guilt? I think Thomas is probably correct, but why didn't ask the natural
followup question? If he thought it was important enough insert his interpretation, wouldn't it be important enough to ask.

Then the Christian Post picks up the story and adds the "White Guilt" characterization.

FWIW, I don't believe Obama was elected because of Guilt or White Guilt. To the extent it is true than most whites must not feel very guilty since the majority of whites voted against Obama.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:34 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Yes & don't forget she also said America isn't ready for a female president. Clearly she forgot that she herself ran for president. More evidence that she is brain damaged.
Incredible...conservatives have not yet run out of ways to blame everyone and everything else but themselves for their losses.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I don't like Michele Bachmann very much, but this story is an example what drives me crazy about the media and how people run with a story.

Here is her quote from the Cal Thomas interview:
“I think there was a cachet about having an African-American president because of guilt.”

Then who's guilt would you say she means then? Black people's guilt? Gay's guilt? Women's guilt?

Old 02-21-2014, 12:44 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
I think she has a point about her statement on Obama. As for America not being ready for a woman president as she states in the interview, I would have to say she is right when it comes to Hillary who just doesn't have what it takes to be president. She lacks governing skills and has no idea about balancing budgets, exercising fiscal reforms and making judicial appointments. One person who does have those special qualities is Governor Sarah Palin who would make a fine president. She wouldn't have to learn on the job training like Obama has done due to his lack of executive experience. She is a very capable woman who had a stellar record of executive accomplishments as governor of Alaska. Like Obama, Hillary also lacks accomplishments when is comes to policy making.

Michele Bachman Under Fire For Saying America is Not Ready For Female President, Obama Got Elected Because of White Guilt
Palin has never taken an accounting course in her life i think. She has no Bar training at all. That little Pitbull momma would get eaten alive by Putin.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Palin has never taken an accounting course in her life i think. She has no Bar training at all. That little Pitbull momma would get eaten alive by Putin.
They'd probably hunt elk together, match made in heaven.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Oh- so that's why Michele got stomped and quit early. It couldn't have been because she's a bible thumping nutcase who has no wide appeal outside of her district. How could that be? She must, of course, blame it on Obama or anyone else rather than admit to her own shortcomings.

We had one of our own in Idaho, back in the 90's, but Helen Chenoweth had the smarts to just get out while the gettin' was good and not whine about it later. Bachmann knew her time was up. She just can't live with the fact like Chenoweth could.

Sounds to me she is only following the Palin playbook again. There's nothing new in that- Michele was always quick to adopt everything Our Mother Of Perpetual Grievance did, said, or wore. We'll see if she can play that string out for as long or as well as Palin has.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, Obama won because there were no viable contenders in the republican party.

The choice was pretty clear: Obama vs. McCain and Palin and Obama vs. Mittens.
That was part of it. Another part of it was that Bush wasn't real popular in 2008. People were done with Republicans.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:16 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Default Michelle Bachmann: "Obama Only Became President Because Of [White] Guilt [Presumably Over Slavery].

Quote:

Be sure to send a generous contribution to her re-election campaign.

ps: I know she's stepping down. Frees her to make more and dumber public statements. She hasn't disappointed.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,097 times
Oh, please.

Most white people could give a rat's ass about black people's history or their problems. They don't feel guilty about anything. They just wish black people would disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies