Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:08 PM

924 posts, read 663,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Five millions pounds of drugs is a big spoon. It's about a size of a swimming pool

You just love to give up, don't you ?
Doesn't even make a dent in the global drug trade (a lot of which the DEA/CIA control).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM

366 posts, read 642,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am black but I thought the same thing. I graduated in 1997 and the crack epidemic dominated most of my early childhood. I grew up in an integrated city though and knew that all crackheads weren't black. My dad was a crack head and sold crack to support his habit (he still is one of the most functioning addicts I have ever seen lol, he sold crack to buy crack and had 3 jobs while he was actively addicted!) but got off drugs in the early 90s and has been clean for over 20 years now but most of the people he sold drugs to were white people.

When I moved here to Atlanta I was shocked to find so many white people using heroine and crack. I was shocked that people still did crack!! Doubly shocked that people did heroine. Crack is so 80s to me and heroine so 70s to me, but it seems like more and more people especially here use heroine a lot.
I graduated a few years after you. Crack was huge in the black community till the 2000s. I think it so completely took over black America that it was stigmatized. Black people began shunning there own kind who used it which is why you stopped seeing it after 2000 , the new crop of young blacks weren't messing with it.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
I live here in the Baltimore area and it is all the rage with white kids out here. Weed is like cigarettes to white kids out here. Acid and mushrooms were a right of passage for this crowd as well. But heroin is the ultimate high for white kids out here. Largely, it depends on what part of the country. Out West, Meth is more popular with white people it seems.
Meth was huge for whites in LA, a few smoked crack. Where I live now, Seattle, heroin is the drug of choice for whites as well. Obviously, you aren't lying if we both seeing.the same thing in different parts of the country.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:20 PM

76,903 posts, read 47,211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Doesn't even make a dent in the global drug trade
Yes, 5 millions pounds makes a dent.

Quote:
(a lot of which the DEA/CIA control).
exactly how much of it do they control?

Old 02-23-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
Of course its not a universal suburban white problem. Somehow, I don't think white people in Hawaii are going nuts for smack. But on the East Coast, its huge. When I was growing up in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's, dope was mostly a ghetto drug although it was used by some whites. But San Francisco has always been a drug capital for all types of drugs. People in the Haight smoke weed and do acid. People in the hood do crack and smack etc. But many people are avid pot heads on the West Coast and would rather leave all the hard drugs alone. Marijuana is light years more socially acceptable across the board on the West Coast.

On the East Coast, all drugs are more of an underground phenomena. You can't walk around NYC smoking weed without fear of the reality of getting locked up like you can in the Bay Area. After all, NYC is the marijuana arrest capital of the world. But young suburban whites on the East Coast and throughout the Midwest tend to be drug enthusiasts, period. Suburban white people are the only types of people I have ever met who will proudly tell you they've "done everything" in terms of drugs like its some sort of respectable accomplishment that could be worthy of a bullet point on a resume. They don't realize that minorities don't look at you for being cool for doing that. It's just plain dumb to have used every drug under the sun. Of course you're going to end up a junkie addicted to opiates constantly running to the hood every other day to get you fix with that naive attitude towards hard drugs.

It's like you read my mind. I'm from the west coast hispanic, drugs have never been big in our communities. Meth is now making it's entrance. But crack completely bypassed us. Heroine was only used by older gang members.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Stop including hispanics because drugs have never been big in our communities. Its a white and black thing. Always has been.
Spray paint and glue is big in hispanic communities. It's common to see young hispanic kids huffing and hispanic youth with silver fingers.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Spray paint and glue is big in hispanic communities. It's common to see young hispanic kids huffing and hispanic youth with silver fingers.
Lol. In Mexico.not in America. We dint have an epidemic drug problem like whites and blacks. In fact id say isnearly non existent.

The reason whites and blacks do drugs so frequently its because you have no culture, to fall back on. Culture and family make the man. You got none so you drown yourselves with drugs.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Where is it common? Don't be jealous we haven't least our sense of self, family and community like blacks and whites have.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:38 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,391,524 times
So heroin use finally surpassed marijuana use huh?

Old 02-23-2014, 11:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Lol. In Mexico.not in America. We dint have an epidemic drug problem like whites and blacks. In fact id say isnearly non existent.

The reason whites and blacks do drugs so frequently its because you have no culture, to fall back on. Culture and family make the man. You got none so you drown yourselves with drugs.
It could be that more hispanics have fled their culture and are now living in a foreign land and whites and blacks are still living in their own culture.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/defau...rinhalants.pdf

Demographic differences in inhalant use have been identified at different ages. The MTF survey indicates that in 2011, 8.6 percent of 8th-grade females reported using inhalants in the past year, compared with 5.5 percent of 8th-grade males. In terms of ethnicity, Hispanics have the highest rates of past-year use among 8th- and 10th-graders, compared to both Blacks and Whites.

You may not have your facts straight on other drug use ---

Hispanic teens more likely to use drugs, study says - CNN.com

Hispanic teens are more likely to use illicit drugs such as marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine, compared with their African-American and Caucasian counterparts, according to a new study.

The study was released this month by the Partnership at Drug Free organization.

It says that 54% of Hispanic teens reported having used an illicit drug, followed by African-American teens at 45%. Caucasians came third at 43%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies