Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:34 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The 14th amendment is clear. The way to US citizenship is by birth on US soil, or US jurisdiction, or through naturalization. No court in the US has ruled either of these ways makes a person ineligible to be President of the United States.
No, an immigrant cannot be president, so you'd have to drop the 'through naturalization' from your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 12:34 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
my post from the other thread:

we may have a democrat rep going birther on cruz:

Dem congressman plays ‘birther’ card on Cruz

"Since Ted Cruz is a Canadian and our Constitution requires an American to win, I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be Ted Cruz"

- Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla

hard to tell if grayson is being serious or just being snarky and jumping at a chance for a cheap shot at cruz, the guy has a creepy deadpan delivery on everything ( i also don't believe the congressman is being literal when he says that cruz is trying to "hasten the apocalypse" ). it would be nice if someone would ask the congressman directly to clarify his position.

what i do find comedy in is the fact that WND, the headquarters for birtherism for the majority of these past 5years, is playing up this story. i found this part particularly hillarious:

"WND Founder and longtime news executive Joseph Farah, whose news organization has covered the dispute about Obama’s eligibility, said in a column he was amazed that Democrats have raise the issue regarding Cruz.

“I pointed out … that the media are on a campaign to ensure Sen. Ted Cruz never gets a chance to run for president. Why? Because, they claim or infer, he’s ineligible under the constitutional requirement to be a ‘natural born citizen,’” Farah wrote."

what farah intentionally or obliviously omitted was the fact that media "campaign" actually says cruz IS eligible. see:

WND Complains About "Birthers"

Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
i also found this part of the WND article worthy of noting:

"Farah noted there are more unanswered questions about Obama:

Did he give up his status as an American citizen when he moved to Indonesia with his family? The U.S. government gave his mother specific instructions about how to protect her son’s basic citizenship while living in Indonesia. She was advised to homeschool him rather than enroll him in an Indonesian school. Did she listen? No."

there is nothing that a parent, school or any third party can do to affect a child's US citizenship status ( and a 6-10 year old can not renounce their own US citizenship ). farah is either intentionally lying here or he's gone off the deep end and is actually believing his own made-up BS fairy-tales.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 PM

878 posts, read 737,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep, berg filed the first lawsuit MONTHS after birtherism's start on freerepublic.

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Barackryphal: Secret Origin, Part 2
Was poster FARS a democrat or republican?

Old 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, an immigrant cannot be president, so you'd have to drop the 'through naturalization' from your list.
Show me a court case that affirms your theory.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
What do you mean 'your side' started this pertaining to presidential eligibility? It was a Hillary Clinton democrat supporter named Phil Berg, a former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania, who filed the first eligiblity lawsuit against Obama in 2008.
I love this re-writing of history by pointing to something like this ignoring the months and months of accusations.

This is a pretty sad indication of how far the right will go.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i also found this part of the WND article worthy of noting:

"Farah noted there are more unanswered questions about Obama:

Did he give up his status as an American citizen when he moved to Indonesia with his family? The U.S. government gave his mother specific instructions about how to protect her son’s basic citizenship while living in Indonesia. She was advised to homeschool him rather than enroll him in an Indonesian school. Did she listen? No."

there is nothing that a parent, school or any third party can do to affect a child's US citizenship status ( and a 6-10 year old can not renounce their own US citizenship ). farah is either intentionally lying here or he's gone off the deep end and is actually believing his own made-up BS fairy-tales.
It didn't take you long to jump aboard this thread did it? By the way, Farrah is not the subject of this thread. Alan Grayson is.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Show me a court case where an immigrant is ruled "natural born citizen".

Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Was poster FARS a democrat or republican?
well, with a quote like this:

"Good ammo (if available and true) BEST USED AFTER he becomes PREZ (if that occurs) and it’s too late for Dem"

i think it's a pretty safe bet FARS is not a democrat.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Arnold Schwarzennegger is a immigrant. The Constitution forbids him to be eligible for the presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies