Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's amazing how the democrats can push agendas that harm blacks while at the same time getting their slavish devotion on election day.
Do you think Roe v Wade was put into effect just so black women would abort?

Would you be happy if we just banned black women from having the choice to abort?

Or, are you just using black women to push your anti-choice agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Do you think Roe v Wade was put into effect just so black women would abort?

Would you be happy if we just banned black women from having the choice to abort?

Or, are you just using black women to push your anti-choice agenda?
That was an ignorant post

Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM

392 posts, read 351,952 times
Ironic how the woman's liberation movement promised reproductive freedom and now has with that promise come back to bite them. Here in Canada those doing ultra sounds are very perturbed that other "cultures" who now inhabit Canada use abortion to choose the sex...These cultures do not want girls if they can help it. Gender selection has reared it's ugly head in the abortion debate....so odd how feminism that was designed to protect females in now killing females. As for finally coming around to seeing the upside of abortion...Well - I can't - Woman are now told not to have kids and get to work....sounds like slavery to me.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
Ironic how the woman's liberation movement promised reproductive freedom and now has with that promise come back to bite them. Here in Canada those doing ultra sounds are very perturbed that other "cultures" who now inhabit Canada use abortion to choose the sex...These cultures do not want girls if they can help it. Gender selection has reared it's ugly head in the abortion debate....so odd how feminism that was designed to protect females in now killing females. As for finally coming around to seeing the upside of abortion...Well - I can't - Woman are now told not to have kids and get to work....sounds like slavery to me.
If science ever finds that elusive gay gene, what will some people do who currently appose abortion?

People are already using the ultrasound so they can kill off a multiple pregnancy. Some gal is having twins, and does not want the hassle, they have one daughter killed off. Simple as that! I just wonder what they tell their little princess, when she turns four and tells mommy she wishes she had a sister to play with.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
That was an ignorant post
No, it was a post you would like to ignore because you don't want to answer the questions I asked......that is pretty obvious.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 AM

392 posts, read 351,952 times
Quote:
If science ever finds that elusive gay gene, what will some people do who currently appose abortion?
It will never happen. There is no gay gene...There are only those with certain levels of certain hormones that cause a predisposition to so called gayishness. The other day I was walking by an arena and the door was open..There was a female stick hockey game going on...Suddenly a bright colored ball came flying out and into the street. It was retrieved by a young woman...a very athletic type...a naturally manly woman...the kind you see competing sometimes on the Olympic level...Point being....I really don't believe in this whole gay thing...But I do see evidence that some men are a little more female and some females are a little more male...

If I as a parent had a daughter that was manish....or a son who was feminine...I would not get political about it and label my offspring lesbian or gay...I would just late nature take it's course. The idea of a "gay" gene and aborting a suspected homosexual child is absurd. Frankly....It is tiresome - all this labeling...As for abortion in general....WE will look back in 20 years and wonder why we messed with the gene pool and caused a genetic deficit where idiots are now elected to public office.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
Simple solution: Ban ultrasounds for sex selection.

Funny.....being relegated to breeding status and being cooped up with a bunch of kids all day sounds like slavery to me.....glad I had the right to choose a different path.

BTW guys, your feeble attempts to use reverse psychology to manipulate women into giving up their reproductive freedoms is failing miserably.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:27 AM

15,058 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Tell us, just who are these "eugenists" and how are they forcing black women to have abortions?
I'll try to type slowly ... try to keep up ...

First, I cannot provide you a comprehensive education in the time and space afforded hete on a essage board. I can only direct you to facts and sources that you must then take the initiative to educate yourself.

The history of the eugenics movement is the first area of study that is your obvious starting point, based on the question asked. The basic matter is that this started before you were even born, and was officially practiced in the United States in many jurisdictions, and laws permitting forced sterilization of so-called undesireables, which included a wide range of classes of individuals which were considered impure or compromised, and should not be allowed to further contaminate the gene pool by having children. This included a significant focus on racial hygiene, and was the framework adopted by Nazi Germany in their philosophy of racial purification, and genetic superiority.

That's right ... Hitler didn't invent or dream this up himself ... he just borrowed some pages from the eugentics books written right here in the land of the free.

Once you do your own investigation of the history of eugenics in the United States, you'll find the answer to that question yourself ... I cannot answer it, simply due to the natue of it .. like asking "who is government". The answer is much too complex and too many details to address in the simple answer you'd like.

After that, you can fast forward to today, and just observe what you see and hear. Take special notice of stories like this about how more black babies are aborted than those born now. Compare that to the desire of eugentics proponents wanting to reduce and eliminate societies "weeds" ... and if you still see no connection, and want to dismiss the results as mere coincidence, as well as ignoring the reality that Planned Parenthood facilities are almost exclusively found in poorer parts of town ... I'm not sure even education can help you.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:27 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Anyone who thinks abortion is a good method of birth control is a moron.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

After that, you can fast forward to today, and just observe what you see and hear. Take special notice of stories like this about how more black babies are aborted than those born now. Compare that to the desire of eugentics proponents wanting to reduce and eliminate societies "weeds" ... and if you still see no connection, and want to dismiss the results as mere coincidence, as well as ignoring the reality that Planned Parenthood facilities are almost exclusively found in poorer parts of town ... I'm not sure even education can help you.
First of all, the choice to end a pregnancy is not limited to Black women. Plenty of white women get abortions, also, so I don't know how in the world you can say legalized abortion is aimed at Black women.

Secondly, Planned Parenthood facilities are in poorer parts of town because the middle class and wealthy have their own doctors. Planned Parenthood serves the poor community.

Thirdly, I think what is so upsetting the OP and others is not the fact that more Black women are having abortions than giving birth to babies, but the fact that Black women having fewer children will ultimately, eventually, lift these poor Black women out of poverty and enable their children to gain a better education, better nutrition, better living conditions, and better jobs than a Black woman tied down with seven or so children and living off of welfare.

THAT is what they are deathly afraid of. That Blacks will eventually have the same income and social status as white people. THAT is what's terrifying them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies