Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 11:43 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Why would they need to be born in South America? If harrier views himself as black, harrier should be able to classify himself as black or African American, receiving affirmative action and other benefits reserved for minorities.
Harrier meant South Africa.

Sorry.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:57 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,064,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
If you have a dick you are a boy, if you don't you are a girl. It's a pretty simple test and shame on the parents who support his delusion. When I was a kid I thought I was spiderman, I obviously wasn't and my parents never entertained the idea.

Why do people make everything so complex today? He has no business on a girls team. The kid needs to be sat down and explained to that he is not a girl, he is a boy. Take him to see a professional if that doesn't help him.
It is true for about 99.5% of people that are cisgender. For the 0.5% of people who have a difference between their biological sex and gender identity, it doesn't quite work that way.

Since it's true for 99.5% of people, a lot of people dismiss those for whom this does not apply.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 AM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You believe what the bible says. I have known gays all my life. We have no right to discriminate against them.
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? It is not discrimination to say that boys, no matter how they feel in their heads, are still biologically stronger, faster, and taller in general than their female counterparts? It's completely unfair to the girls in sports to have this law. Eventually there will be an outcry in California over this portion of the law.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:46 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,659,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Patrick Cordova-Goff is a boy.

He thinks that he is a girl.

Our confused Democrat politicians here in the land of fruits and nuts have created a law that allows this confused young man to compete against girls, with all the advantages he has being stronger due to his gender.

Our civilization is doomed.

Transgender teen to play on Azusa High's girls' softball team - latimes.com
If the doctor examines you and you have all the usual genitalia that identifies you as a boy, then just wishing you were a girl changes nothing. Unless basic biology identifies you as a girl, then you are not. If you are a boy going thru surgical procedures and undergoing hormone treatments, you are still not a girl.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:52 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If the doctor examines you and you have all the usual genitalia that identifies you as a boy, then just wishing you were a girl changes nothing. Unless basic biology identifies you as a girl, then you are not. If you are a boy going thru surgical procedures and undergoing hormone treatments, you are still not a girl.
True. Unfortunately the liberals in Sacramento and the lefties who put thdm there have a paucity of such commn sense

Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,659,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
15 pages on one teenager who will never effect your life. Don't you ever wonder if your life is a waste? I do sometimes on CD, I admit it.
If you think this topic is just a discussion about one teenager, then you are mistaken.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:06 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,054,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Patrick Cordova-Goff is a boy.

He thinks that he is a girl.

Our confused Democrat politicians here in the land of fruits and nuts have created a law that allows this confused young man to compete against girls, with all the advantages he has being stronger due to his gender.

Our civilization is doomed.

Transgender teen to play on Azusa High's girls' softball team - latimes.com
I commend that law. It is something called freedom of choice. How hypocritical of Conservative minds so set on protecting and preserving freedom, to want Govt to step in and deny the wishes of a transgender child and his parents. Wow I'm stunned.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? It is not discrimination to say that boys, no matter how they feel in their heads, are still biologically stronger, faster, and taller in general than their female counterparts? It's completely unfair to the girls in sports to have this law. Eventually there will be an outcry in California over this portion of the law.
I beg to disagree. If a guy decides to go transgender and play on a girls' team, the guy is making it clear in the community that he is different from other males, and all that goes along with it. To think someone would go that far just to have an advantage on a girls' team is ludicrous. Only guys who would do this are the ones whose hearts are set on being gender changed and that's why this law is not strange at all.

Any peer advantage this opportunity brings this kid is just one badly needed triumph in an array of more difficult circumstances that other guys don't face every day.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:14 PM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
I commend that law. It is something called freedom of choice. How hypocritical of Conservative minds so set on protecting and preserving freedom, to want Govt to step in and deny the wishes of a transgender child and his parents. Wow I'm stunned.
I guess you didn't read any of the comments. It's about more than one child wanting to play sports. It's about boys playing girl sports, and how unfair that is to girls playing.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:18 PM

It isn't when the guy on the outside is a girl on the inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.