Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What do Kenya and an inland city in Kenya have to do with this? The ship sailed from Salalah, Oman to the Seychelles. They were found when the ship was readying to leave the Seychelles.
Kenya is the most common supply stop for the container ships that make the Indian Ocean run. Most of these ships never cruise to the United States; they are often permanently based in Kenya homeports as well as being supplied there. The crews fly in and out from the U.S. while the ship itself remains in the Indian Ocean.

Oman, a Muslim nation, is not a common home port, but is a large on-load and off-load point for cargo going to the middle east. A common stop for container ships. Oman has a tradition of hospitality for American vessels. But they also are hospitable to all nations that have fleets of container ships as well.

Like Kenya, the Seychelle islands were once a British colony. They have been a similar transfer point for cargo for centuries, and the former British colonies are all more hospitable to American trade vessels than other nations in coastal Africa and the middle east.

Last edited by banjomike; 02-23-2014 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So what do you think, that they were murdered? Because ex Navy SEALS would never shoot heroin?

I think you have watched too many movies recently about Navy SEALS. Maybe you should adjust your hero worship accordingly and remember that they are fallible human beings like the rest of us, and for them to overdose is entirely possible.
I actually, think if these were my sons I want people to wait for their opinions until more is known. Is that too much too ask?

It's been days and already you have these guys as nothing more than "bored drugged up military men"

People who "jump" to their own opinions are no better than gossip magazines!

Murdered well something is going on, I've seen junkies get high, it's unusual for 2 to tie off together, usually one will wait until the other is high. Maybe, someone else can weigh in on how junkies act and do drugs.

Other needle marks need to be on their bodies for them to be junkies.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not normally some tin foil hat wearer, but if someone wants to peg me as one right now, I simply do not care.

With all the banker deaths lately, I'm very suspect of any questionable death these days. This leaves questions. It's very easy to plant drugs on a scene. I don't trust jack squat with our government, one iota, anymore.
I'm with you here! I'm not sure if this is government involved, but someone wants all of theses SEALs gone. Nice for others to think so little of human life and think these 2 men were needing an adrenaline rush and bought drugs in a foreign land.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm with you here! I'm not sure if this is government involved, but someone wants all of theses SEALs gone. Nice for others to think so little of human life and think these 2 men were needing an adrenaline rush and bought drugs in a foreign land.
Why would the government want them dead? These guys were in their mid 40s and at least one of them retired from the SEALs 14 years ago, which is even before 9/11

Old 02-24-2014, 06:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
[QUOTE=3~Shepherds;

Heroin can be smoked, snorted, packed or injected.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
A belief that someone wants SEALS dead is a more rational theory than 2 guys liked to get high?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:06 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Hmmm... professional risk takers take a risk and lose.

Cue Disney Song: "Tale as old as time...."

Old 02-24-2014, 07:36 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
I actually, think if these were my sons I want people to wait for their opinions until more is known. Is that too much too ask? ...
...People who "jump" to their own opinions are no better than gossip magazines!
Quote:
I'm with you here! I'm not sure if this is government involved, but someone wants all of theses SEALs gone.
Sure sounds like gossip magazine /tin foil hat stuff to me.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:57 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I'm with you here! I'm not sure if this is government involved, but someone wants all of theses SEALs gone.
You just said you wanted to wait until more is known, and with the next post you jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 PM

878 posts, read 737,245 times
Update: Respiratory failure named as cause in deaths of 2 US SEALs

AOL.com Article - Respiratory failure named as cause in deaths of 2 US SEALs

AIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- Police on the island nation of Seychelles say that two former U.S. Navy SEALs found dead aboard the ship Maersk Alabama died of respiratory failure and were suspected to have had heart attacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies