Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 01:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
^The issue is there is the conception that homosexual males act like women,have female interests, mannerisms, high pitched voice, etc. No guy could honestly see that and think it is natural and normal.
You are correct. Now some do.........most don't. One of my best friends is gay as a whale but that is that. We give each other ****......he goes and does his thing............like the rest of my friends. They do their thing. I do my thing at home with my family. That is that. Why the need to broadcast it to the world is the question? I mean does anybody care anymore.......but the media?? and politicians?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:44 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
Why the need ?

So insecure people can get a standing ovation from the liberals.

A few years back, a rather " nutty" young lesbian jumped up at a Democrat caucus and screamed............" I'm a butch, I'm a butch "

The Democrats asked her to come to the front then urged all gays and lesbians to come up front so they could receive a standing ovation that the Democrats said........." you deserve "

Old 03-01-2014, 01:50 PM

Exactly...........like I've been saying....for a while........its all politics. Dems know they can get votes off this stuff so they push it. Hell it worked before so why not now? Useful idots everywhere in their eyes.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
About as stupid as those 2 middle aged women who live on the edge of a 400 pop rural MN town and have a flagpole .

Instead of the US flag, they fly daily a huge rainbow flag from the land of Lesbos.

I don't know why they have to "proclaim it"

Anyone seeing those 2 in bib overalls stacking firewood already know their sexual orientation.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Do they work as prison guards?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Marxism meets right wing conspiracy theory and homophobia all dressed up in social Darwinism.
But am I correct? Or not. You haven't said. You haven't read any of my other posts if you can think I am right wing. Or homophobic for that matter. Social Darwinism... interesting term. You said it though... I mean... how many posts in this thread have begun with the statement "being gay is perfectly normal and natural..." I mean... really? Are you trying to convince me? Save your breath. A five year old given the full backstory would conclude that there isn't a lot that is "perfectly normal" about a gay or lesbian orientation. Hoarding isn't normal but we don't deny hoarders any civil rights. If a hoarder were to use their cubicle at work the way they use their bedroom at home and store all manner of bric-a-brac... ... they might be looking at a termination, for cause. We don't green-light all the possible pecadillos intrinsic to the human spirit. Some are singled out for special distinction and some are taboo. I can't do anything about my gender or my color. I can't do anything about my hoarding compulsion either... but I better keep it out of the realm of my employment... or else. It isn't fair, but I am not likely to get much sympathy from non-hoarders... or LGBT people... unless the LGBT person is also a hoarder. See how it works? Gay people are no more or no less given to being fair and impartial to those who are different from them. If gay people were in the numerical majority they would have laws criminalizing opposite sex conduct. Count on it.

H

Old 03-01-2014, 04:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
About as stupid as those 2 middle aged women who live on the edge of a 400 pop rural MN town and have a flagpole .

Instead of the US flag, they fly daily a huge rainbow flag from the land of Lesbos.

I don't know why they have to "proclaim it"

Anyone seeing those 2 in bib overalls stacking firewood already know their sexual orientation.
They still imprison, beat, and kill LGBT people in this world.

I'd say the fight isn't over. I'm glad the flag offends you.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:33 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They still imprison, beat, and kill LGBT people in this world.

I'd say the fight isn't over. I'm glad the flag offends you.
I would rather live next to the two lesbians with a rainbow flag than next to some hicks with a confederate flag. I would wager there would be more problems from the hicks, more loud fights, more gun shooting and more headaches. Knock on the door of the hicks and you just may get your head shot off, knock on the door of the two lesbians and you might get a tour of their garden and a glass of wine.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Well, I managed to read all the post in this thread, and to be honest, I had no idea it would have so many people contributing to it.
Unlike some threads on this forum,this one was civil for the most part.
It is obvious there are many, many differences of opinion on this subject.
In spite of what many had to say, I am still of the opinion gay people are way to forward in their need to come out.
On one side of the issue some state that gays should aggressively state their sexual preference,let the world know, while on the flip side, others state gays should not be the spectacle they are allowing themselves to be.
It is sort of a mixed bag, when it comes down to just what is the correct action.
Straight people couldn't give two sh!ts about who is, and isn't gay, as long as it doesn't interfere with their lives.
The one thing most of them dislike is the gay lifestyle being pushed down their throats.
The gay community having been "under wraps" for so long, feels it is necessary to let the rest of the population know just who, and what they are, to "come out from hiding" if you will.
I take my own life experiences and use them as the determining factor regarding this coming out business of other gays.
As I stated in an earlier post, I never felt the need to let the world know I was gay.
What would be the benefit of that?
Would it further my occupation?
Would it put food on my table?
Would it put a roof over my head?
Would I suddenly have a huge burden lifted from my shoulders, or would it create one?
I never, never felt my sexual preference for men was a burden to me.
If it were a burden to someone else, then that was their problem.
Too this day, I have neither been overly open, or hidden regarding my sexual preference.
I have, on occasion, in routine conversation, talked about my life over the years, and often mention my now deceased partner, and those conversations have always been accepted by who ever it was I happened to be speaking with at the time.
More often than not, when learning of my preference,the responding remark has been, " I never would have guessed you were gay".
The reason for that is, I am a man first,and with that comes a certain amount of responsibility to the gender.
Flamboyant behavior can not,and should not be part of the male mystique.
Feminine actions should be left to females, and not female wannabees.
I have never felt that being gay automatically means that one has to emulate the female species.
Perhaps I have missed something along the way, and not understood what I as a gay person is supposed to do.
I always felt it was my solid obligation to myself to rise to the occasion, and make the best of everything handed to me in this life, and I think I have done just that, and I have done it without making a public spectacle of myself while accomplishing what it is I needed to do.
In one of the post, some one stated that perhaps I didn't have many gay friends.
This is true, and there is a reason for that.
All to often gays tend to be less than masculine, and that just isn't my cup of tea.
I like my men to be men.
I understand that many gays can't help but show a feminine nature, and if that is how they feel they need to be, so be it, but I don't have to be a part of it, or them for that matter.
I will go to my grave with the contention that gays should lead their livers in a decent respectful manner, and stop this insatiable need to make public spectacles of themselves.
So your gay, big deal, so am I.
Why not just keep it to yourselves, and those who share a part of your life.
The world is not going to be any worse, or better off by your public disclosure.
Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 03-01-2014 at 08:56 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Well coming out is kinda necessary. By age 25 I hadn't dated since high school. I dated one girl but since I am gay it felt yucky and unnatural. Didn't date anyone again until I came out to myself and then my family at age 25. because being gay is a huge part of who I am it actually felt like my family didn't get to fully even know me until then
. Also if I was to date it'd be kinda awkward if I introduced someone to my family. They might be wondering whats going on at that point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies