Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh yeah. You're right.

The "who is gay, who is not gay" rumor mill thrives because it's just so much EASIER to be gay in Hollywood, instead of straight.

In fact, agents tell gay actors, "go ahead and flaunt your life, it will INCREASE your job prospects!"

What WORLD do you people live in? You write things that are EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what people in Hollywood say (how they DO NOT come out, because they FEAR loss of job prospects!). Yet I suppose if you repeat something over and over and over it becomes truth to you guys or something.
If you have ever had any work experience in Hollywood or know anyone who does they will tell you the same things. '' Coming Out '' is celebrated there, you will get plenty of attention among the other liberal elites who work there and your career will benefit. Same reason why lots of other actors take up all sorts of liberal causes, it's the easy way to go in Hollywood. Being openly gay in Hollywood makes you popular to the liberas there.

One thing you rarely ever see in Hollywood is an openly Christian conservative or Bible Believer. Someone like Tim Tebow would find it hard to work in Hollywood, if he was interested in it anyway. Those kinds of people are often mocked or black balled in the industry. It's different though if you are well established, then you can get away with pretty much anything.

Also, who is '' you guys ''? What's with this collectivist thinking?

Old 02-24-2014, 12:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfromipanemo View Post
Let's suppose that what you say is true about the coming out part. How can you explain the "pride" movement? Why do gay people believe they are above having a little humility?
Most pride parades and the people attending them are quite tame. You see a few outlandish actions in the media, and associate that with all pride parades and everyone there. Not the case at all.

Pride parades developed as a form of public awareness/acceptance of the changing views on LGBT rights and the ability for LGBT people to be open about who they are without being beaten, imprisoned, or killed.

I could ask you the same question about heterosexuals. Why do they have to be so offensive at Mardi Gras, or Spring Break? Why do heterosexuals need to flaunt their obscene behavior?

Old 02-24-2014, 12:30 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Oh_Ghd7REve0ag

It's comedy, but it explains the Hollywood liberal bias and why it exists.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:32 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
If you have ever had any work experience in Hollywood or know anyone who does they will tell you the same things. '' Coming Out '' is celebrated there, you will get plenty of attention among the other liberal elites who work there and your career will benefit. Same reason why lots of other actors take up all sorts of liberal causes, it's the easy way to go in Hollywood. Being openly gay in Hollywood makes you popular to the liberas there.
Being openly gay is still a penalty to a leading actor. Rumors abound that people like Tom Cruise might be gay. If Tom Cruise ever came out as gay, his leading man status in Hollywood would end. Name a single A list male leading actor that has publicly come out as gay without any detriment to his career.

Quote:
One thing you rarely ever see in Hollywood is an openly Christian conservative or Bible Believer. Someone like Tim Tebow would find it hard to work in Hollywood, if he was interested in it anyway. Those kinds of people are often mocked or black balled in the industry. It's different though if you are well established, then you can get away with pretty much anything.
Most hollywood people are probably Christian. Considering many Academy/Emmy award winners thank God in their acceptance speech, you're quite mistaken.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think the media simply blows it out of proportion. Folks are tired of hearing about it.........nobody cares anymore. Everybody knows somebody who is gay or has worked with a homo or what have you. Hell my half sister is gay. Folks don't need these "coming out" parties anymore. The media does and the democrats do though.
Yep. Sums up my thoughts in a nutshell. It's not my business or anyone else's who you choose to sleep with. I don't want to hear about it.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:34 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What a pandering load of crap coming from a rapist who escaped culpability only by merit of how much money he could throw at his victim. And his opinion is worthy of note why? Because he's a thug who can throw a ball through a hoop?

Can anyone explain why we are soooo worried about "feelings"? Whatever happened to the notion of self-identity and a sense of self-worth coming from within? We've become a culture of sissies (in this thread that is quite literal), whining about perceived (or real) inadequacies and depending on the praise and approval of others as a source of validation.

Fortunately most in the "World of Sports" would disagree with you. Guess that makes today's athlete a sissy?

Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Being openly gay is still a penalty to a leading actor. Rumors abound that people like Tom Cruise might be gay. If Tom Cruise ever came out as gay, his leading man status in Hollywood would end. Name a single A list male leading actor that has publicly come out as gay without any detriment to his career.

Most hollywood people are probably Christian. Considering many Academy/Emmy award winners thank God in their acceptance speech, you're quite mistaken.
Tom Cruise is an old man and to be hones his height should have kept him out as leading man. What is he around four feet tall? Gimme a break. Penalty my ass it would launch your career nowdays as the media is salivating over this stuff. Hell I wore a pink shirt to work last week. I did that ten years ago I would have been beat up. LOL........just kidding but cmon you folks are just so caught up in anything gay it's hilarious. Do what your masters tell you............move on.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

The how I met your mother is gay, he's doing just fine. So is Ellen Page. Hollywood celebrates it. And there are actually a ton of Christians, but most don't talk about it too much. It's easier to be an open atheist than an open Christian in Hollywood.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:40 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Default We're here, We're *****.....

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4k5GrsRRWE

Old 02-24-2014, 12:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Yep. Sums up my thoughts in a nutshell. It's not my business or anyone else's who you choose to sleep with. I don't want to hear about it.
It is all political. See how the rabid left goes ape over any gay topic. That is how they get em. Like you say most could just care less............or not care at all. Like you say I don't want to hear it. Hell I had a gay boss years ago and on friday nights she walk up and say lets go to the strip club. She was cool........and hot.........but gay. To be young again. Why liberals get all hooked up on this is nothing but politics and the media can play good (the the gay loving liberals) vs evil (the evil christian republicans). Hey it worked last time so why not try again is their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies