Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2019, 03:28 PM

56,912 posts, read 25,842,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
She is a smart woman, however she messed up with the Russiagate. She went on a narrative for 2 years stating that Trump was a Russian agent. I'm no fan of MSNBC, neither with Fox and Friends and CNN. I don't watch none of them. The only news I watch is PBS news hour which tends to be very center politically. Maddow's career depended on Russia Gate. But the Russia Gate was the biggest mistake, and it vindicated Trump. MSNBC now has lost viewership along with CNN. From my perspective to the left. And I Say this because I love the left. Stop jumping the gun on incidents. You guys did this with Kavanaugh, Jussie Smollet, Covington and Russia Gate. Just wait till evidence and facts come out. Instead jump the gun, jump and false narratives, and the left is proven false and then you hurt your viewers.
I don't see her exact quote that you take issue with, Trump hasn't been vindicated nor has he been convicted. Maddow has been around a decade, her career doesn't depend on Trump but He has certainly helped her ratings along with every other news source. Many media outlets speculate before the facts are out, not one network is immune, look at the Fox News predictions on the Barr investigation.

I do like PBS and Chris Wallace and some other commentators but viewership is meaningless when it comes to facts. Sean Hannity has the highest rating, even Alex Jones has a few million viewers that is why I could care less about ratings. People don't gravitate to facts when it comes to media, look at the people that use Zero Hedge and Red State news as reliable sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I've brought up blatant facts. She blatantly lies. She blatantly lies when caught lying instead of admitting there was an error.

You just won't confront this, because politics over truth.
Examples?

Old 05-26-2019, 06:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,107,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Alec Baldwin: Good-bye, Public Life -- Vulture

Firstly I'd like to point out that he mentions that no one on MSNBC is funny. This is actually hitting at the the very decline of hope in America. Ever since the Human Resource Department became very mainstream, and the government kept getting bigger and bigger, and more laws kept getting passed, and passed, without the bills being read by the politicians voting for them, or the American people protesting the sure insanity of their contents.....

Americans are afraid to be themselves. You can be fired for one joke you say that might accidentally "offend" someone else. You could be locked in jail for doing something that you didn't know was a crime, since it shouldn't be a crime and wasn't a crime last year. You can't let people smoke a cigarette in your own business , even though you are the one paying the mortgage, the property taxes, handling the marketing, handling the operations.

Americans are afraid. They have lost their spirit to live free, since they are too scared of big government, the police state, the corporate machine. But more importantly, and sadly, they are scared of all the SHEEPLE who enforce and follow the stupid laws/regulations/policies and report them. It's 1984, and when you can't trust your neighbor, who can you trust?

_ _ _ _

Secondly, I always knew that Richie Maddow was just in it for the popularity and because she likes people thinking that she is "smart". Well, she may be smart, but she's not ethical. She'll run hit pieces on good men like Ron and Rand Paul, just to make a greedy guy like Mitt or war Monger like McCain look better. She will lie, deceive, and do whatever to keep her few liberal fans worshipping her. She probably doesn't believe 80% of the bs she spouts on her show, but she likes the feeling of power, and how she can manipulate liberals into believing anything.
First, she's definitely funny, but that has to do with her manner. She's not a jokester.

Second, if you think she's lying - one thing to check would be whether there have been any successful lawsuits against her. I'm guessing not.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:51 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,973,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
First, she's definitely funny, but that has to do with her manner. She's not a jokester.

Second, if you think she's lying - one thing to check would be whether there have been any successful lawsuits against her. I'm guessing not.

...sooo...the only proof of her lying is if some one sues her?.....come on, you're smarted than that!

...i agree though, i think she's a riot to watch...

Old 05-26-2019, 06:54 PM

26,225 posts, read 14,841,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Examples?
Wait, you opened a thread calling out Maddow, didn't bother to read any of the specifics or links only to quickly defend her as being legit...and then want me to spoon feed you the examples freebie style, because it is too hard of work for you to look through the previous posts? Unreal.

I will give you a few examples:

(1) Maddow made a false statement about Wisconsin's finances under Scott Walker. PolitiFact called her out for it.

P.S. Her own source that she cited disproves her BS claim and you think she is a legit analyst

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...ve-budget-sur/

Then Maddow responded to PolitiFact using clever editing to twist her initial claim to try to make it look like what she said was in fact true.

PolitFact wasn't having any of her BS.

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...rachel-maddow/

(2) Aaron Mate had a massive take down of Maddow's BS on twitter with 20 some tweets. Use the link...look at Mate's 3rd and 4th tweets. Maddow in her stream of fake news on Trump-Russia clearly made multiple comments about Putin potentially having pee tapes of Trump to blackmail him with. Then after the Mueller dud she claims that she refused to let herself even think about those tapes existing, because apparently she is so smart. LOL How many frequent viewers nodded their head without thinking - and didn't pull out memories proving she is full of it?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...itter-takedown

Old 05-26-2019, 06:56 PM

11,910 posts, read 6,487,646 times
Can’t watch her ....she’s just too creepy, too hyper, too disturbing.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,802,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Rachel Maddow doesn't seem particularly phony. I'm not a big fan of her. She latches onto stories and just won't let go, which is a turnoff, then pretends we don't all know why she's doing what she's doing, which is an even bigger turnoff.
The same could be said of conservative politicians - endless defense spending even when it's totally pointless and wasteful, unfunded prescription drug programs, etc. Make no mistake, the right is just as eager to feed at the public trough, probably more so. The only difference is the left is a little more open about who they'll funnel money to and at least on occasion acknowledges that it isn't actually free and we need taxes to pay for things. Looking at actual dollars spent versus revenue they claim they need, the right is by far the king of free stuff.
Agree. Democrats tax and spend. Republicans borrow and spend

Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 AM

58,547 posts, read 26,866,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Guess you have little respect for education.... what does that say about you?

BTW Trump does not have a masters degree. He has the easiest degree to get from a good business school. The prestige degree from Wharton is an MBA, Trump does not have one. He just likes tossing around the Wharton name. He also transferred in as a junior, he likely lacked the grades and test scores to qualify as a freshman.

"Guess you have little respect for education...." That is what you get for GUESSING! What does that say about you?

Getting an Education is great but, it is only a piece of paper saying you are good at passing some tests.

It is what you DO with that education that counts and what type of education you got.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:35 AM

23,751 posts, read 14,876,182 times
Quote:
You are exposing yourself.

She lies a lot.

She uses half truths a lot.

She pushes conspiracy theories a lot.

She airs BS that you can debunk in 10 minutes with the internet.

When caught lying on multiple occasions she then doubles down with new lies by lying about what she said the 1st time (even though it was on air and therefore on video).

She has pushed sarcastic comedy news pieces as real news.

The fact that you can't see her for what she is speaks a lot - especially as I and others have pointed out 30 times with links where she has BSed right to your face.
We could say the same thing about the current POTUS, and 1/2 the house and senate.

A friend refers to MSNBC as the speculation channel.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Wait, you opened a thread calling out Maddow, didn't bother to read any of the specifics or links only to quickly defend her as being legit...and then want me to spoon feed you the examples freebie style, because it is too hard of work for you to look through the previous posts? Unreal.

I will give you a few examples:

(1) Maddow made a false statement about Wisconsin's finances under Scott Walker. PolitiFact called her out for it.

P.S. Her own source that she cited disproves her BS claim and you think she is a legit analyst

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...ve-budget-sur/

Then Maddow responded to PolitiFact using clever editing to twist her initial claim to try to make it look like what she said was in fact true.

PolitFact wasn't having any of her BS.

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...rachel-maddow/

(2) Aaron Mate had a massive take down of Maddow's BS on twitter with 20 some tweets. Use the link...look at Mate's 3rd and 4th tweets. Maddow in her stream of fake news on Trump-Russia clearly made multiple comments about Putin potentially having pee tapes of Trump to blackmail him with. Then after the Mueller dud she claims that she refused to let herself even think about those tapes existing, because apparently she is so smart. LOL How many frequent viewers nodded their head without thinking - and didn't pull out memories proving she is full of it?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...itter-takedown
The OP started out quoting Alec Baldwin calling her a phony.

Reading through the links on the budget deficit I agree that she is misleading, she claimed that there was a surplus based on the source which was an independent budget office but the fine print in that same report also indicated a budget shortfall. It was fairly complicated but I think viewers came away blaming Walker.

Like I indicated, she has made mistakes but I still don't see that as reason to generalize that this is consistently the case. I still enjoy the detail and research, her show this past week highlighted the additional charges to Assange under the espionage act. There was also a great segment on the right wing in Austria that threw in with the Nazi Party who was captured on tape making an agreement with a Russian Oligarch for their support.

I really don't understand why her name comes up so frequently for criticism as opposed to the Fox News right wing which misleads and lies on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies