Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Some of you guys seem like you want us to be like Somalia. :
I don't know who "you guys" are, but I've never met anybody that wants to be like Somalia. I doubt that even people living in Somalia want to be like Somalia.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This is insane, for the government to essentially tell us that the water falling from the sky is their water, and we cannot collect it for use in irrigation or whatever the hell we want.

Is it illegal to be self sufficient? Are we supposed to be dependent upon government for our water?
Yes, according to Big Government advocates. The Big Government nanny state wants you to be totally dependent on Big Government.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, according to Big Government advocates. The Big Government nanny state wants you to be totally dependent on Big Government.
Like the EPA going after wood-burning stoves? Can't have people going off the grid, growing their own wood to heat their homes. It's the only modus operandi on the left, control, control, control.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You guys means the ones who are acting like it is illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon that post in this site, which based on your posts, I include you into that term.
HMM- Hard to see how I was "acting like" it is illegal to collect rainwater in oregon with this post:

Quote:
In Florida drinking water comes from the underground aquifer yet the state does
not believe water that falls on your property is theirs.

Nothing
herein, or in any rule, regulation, or order adopted pursuant hereto, shall be
construed to affect the right of any natural person to capture, discharge, and
use water for purposes permitted by law.

Rainwater harvesting regulations state by state | Rain water harvesting and slow sand water filters

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :
Online Sunshine

Interstingly enough I posted a link to all of the state stautes on rainwater collection.
I think you read into things incorrectly and only see what you want to see. But that is expected from the partisan hacks on this forum.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
HMM- Hard to see how I was "acting like" it is illegal to collect rainwater in oregon with this post:

Interstingly enough I posted a link to all of the state stautes on rainwater collection.
I think you read into things incorrectly and only see what you want to see. But that is expected from the partisan hacks on this forum.
Well if I lumped you in with the people who were acting like it is illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon, then I apologize.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well if I lumped you in with the people who were acting like it is illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon, then I apologize.
What I don't get is, a lot of these right-wingers, 99% of whom live east of the Mississippi River, act like since the Western states don't have a riparian system of water, then it's somehow oppression . Reminds me of idiot eastern transplants that move to Arizona and demand to have lawn sprinklers to have a green lawn in the middle of the desert

Old 02-25-2014, 07:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

the problem with this guy mentioned in the OP, is that he violated state law.
We don't care.

The law is WRONG.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What I don't get is, a lot of these right-wingers, 99% of whom live east of the Mississippi River, act like since the Western states don't have a riparian system of water, then it's somehow oppression . Reminds me of idiot eastern transplants that move to Arizona and demand to have lawn sprinklers to have a green lawn in the middle of the desert
Boy do you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
We don't care.

The law is WRONG.
No, the law is correct. Sorry you don't like it, my suggestion is don't live in Oregon if that law bothers you that much.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:24 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
this is a contradiction.

by collecting rainwater in the foothills, he is "diverting water from streams, creeks, or rivers" at their headwaters.
Unless he is constantly building the discharge side of his ponds higher, the water will fill them. Once they are filled, excess will flow out at the same rate it goes in. There is no (or very little, perhaps some more evaporation) less water heading downstream after his dams were built than before. He has 170 acres of property. I'd guess by the pictures that the ponds cover 5 acres, maybe 10 max. Somewhere under 10% of the property anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies