Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I was going to argue with you, but then I realized your source may be telling the truth, even about the "Arkansas Sudden Death Syndrome."

47 Different Deaths! All Friends of Bill and Hilary Clinton - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

I wish normal everyday people were running our f.ing government.

Chad.
that was what was supposed to happen in the house of representatives. the founding fathers wanted the average joe to run for congress, and if elected serve a few terms, and then go back to what they were doing before they got into politics. the senate was set up to be the semi career political body since the states were to choose their senators every six years. that changed with the 17th amendment though. and while no term limits were set on the president, washington started the tradition of serving for two terms in office, and then leaving to let someone else take the reigns of power. as far as i can remember there were only two men who ran for more than two terms for president, TR was the first, but he failed, and FDR was the second, and he was elected to four terms. that bothered enough people that the 22nd amendment was ratified setting term limits for the president. they should have set term limits for congress at the same time, too bad they didnt.

Quote:
After reading Fleets source I kinda feel what your saying. And if republicans had a little respect for the poor and working class, and if they did not add trillions of dollars to our national debt with supply side tax cuts, then I would vote republican.

But with our current republican's behavior, I would choose death before voting for a republican.

Chad.
heres the problem chad, most of the garbage you posted as to why you are against republicans, is all a construct of the democrats and the media. the democrats keep saying that tax cuts added to the deficits, but then they look at anything that doesnt on the surface look like it brings money into the treasury as spending. and then there is the mantra of republicans just want tax cute for the rich, which again is not true. when reagan and bush43 cut taxes, they were cut for everybody, not just the rich.

a big part of the problem is that people listen to the mainstream media for their news, and they get what the media wants them to get, rather than what they should be getting. and this has been going on since the nixon administration when the media found that they had real power to mold the out look of america.

but you find the current crop of republicans behavior reprehensible, but you vote for democrats, who are generally worse than the republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 10:44 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Another Obama sucks he is black he is the president thread we do not need any more threads about this
Oh look, in at post 4 with the "because he's black" thread.

Seems no one can criticize Obama's performance as PRESIDENT, without someone claiming it's not about his performance as President, but all about Obama being black.

Can't wait to see what people will have to say if the next President is white and screws up.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
See? I told you.

The other branches have no problem keeping Obama between the lines.

That's true of individuals, not of Congress.

Congress can simply pass legislation explicitly revoking the regulatory decisions of the administration if they wanted to. No courts required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Of course they can. Any veto can be over ridden.

Remedial Constitutional law for you.
As you said congress can not simply pass legislation
remedial constitution

Old 02-27-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Today's republicans do not care about the truth or reality.
I think not caring about the truth or reality, and throw in self-serving, is a disease that democrats and republicans have in common, along with the millions of Americans that also suffer from that disease.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is very evident that Obama never even read the US Constitution, much less studied it.

He is violating the US Constitution because he knows the Democratic Party is complicit with his crimes and will not stop him. That has always been the case with the Democratic Party, they always support criminals, terrorists, and fascist Presidents when they are the same party. Liberal freaks have no honor.
No he had to read it, otherwise how was he able to re-write it to the point of just crossing the line?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
After reading Fleets source I kinda feel what your saying. And if republicans had a little respect for the poor and working class, and if they did not add trillions of dollars to our national debt with supply side tax cuts, then I would vote republican.

But with our current republican's behavior, I would choose death before voting for a republican.

Chad.
LOL. Obama added 6.5 trillion to the national debt. I guess you want to say "the republicans made him do it".

Old 02-27-2014, 11:13 AM

17,600 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Yes, I did read that it started with GW Bush and I do realize that Republican members of Congress haven't been putting up much of a fight against Obama's abuse of power. I believe part of the reason for the lack of backbone is fear of being accused of being a racist and or having been inside Washington DC for so long that they've become part of the problem. The difference between GW Bush and Obama is Bush was regularly attacked in the press by virtually all press agencies with few exceptions (FOX News for example) and late night comedians & SNL. Obama is virtually teflon when it comes to all those who attacked GW Bush. Among conservative talk radio and some conservative magazines, GW Bush was attacked for some of his policies. Though they supported GW Bush, that didn't stop them from pointing out things they disagreed with that he did while in office. I just don't see the same level of honesty among the press that supports Obama.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Yes, I did read that it started with GW Bush and I do realize that Republican members of Congress haven't been putting up much of a fight against Obama's abuse of power. I believe part of the reason for the lack of backbone is fear of being accused of being a racist and or having been inside Washington DC for so long that they've become part of the problem. The difference between GW Bush and Obama is Bush was regularly attacked in the press by virtually all press agencies with few exceptions (FOX News for example) and late night comedians & SNL. Obama is virtually teflon when it comes to all those who attacked GW Bush. Among conservative talk radio and some conservative magazines, GW Bush was attacked for some of his policies. Though they supported GW Bush, that didn't stop them from pointing out things they disagreed with that he did while in office. I just don't see the same level of honesty among the press that supports Obama.
I do think this is the problem, and Obama does all he can to re-enforce this. If a member of congress opposes Obama's policies, then you have people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson say it's because they are racist, just like you have people posting here on C-D with the same ideology. Some people can not understand that incompetence has no bearing on race, we've have white incompetent presidents and now we have a black incompetent president. I'd like them to explain to me just how this is RACIST.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:17 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I applaud your continued attempts to bring facts into these discussions.
But his facts are not really facts. He even admitted that he couldn't argue with the facts I posted.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:22 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
Every stupid, unethical ,illegal thing Obama has done he justifies it by smugly saying...................."it's the right thing to do "

I doubt he has any concept of right vs wrong !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies