Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Oklahoma father dies in police encounter after mother slaps daughter - CNN.com

Video taken by wife:

Lawyer Releases Video Of Luis J. Rodriguez who died in police custody - YouTube

Cuffed and on the ground, with pepper spray shot right into his face, with the weight of five(!) men on top of him. You can hear him say he can't breathe, you can hear him gasping for air. Meanwhile his wife is watching him die in front of her eyes. This guy was murdered. The cop's? Suspended with pay. America's largest, most organized and lethal gang in action. Sickening.
It is rapidly reaching the point where if you see a COP in uniform, you had better shoot them on sight in self-defense before they shoot you or beat you to death first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 12:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This report paints a different take on the situation.

This movie theatre employed 3 security people of which one was an off duty cop. Two on-duty cops were present in the theatre, responding to some drunk patrons.

The Rodriguez mother-daughter were fighting and the mother slapped her daughter. Mom fled to the parking lot. Dad pursued. Someone told the police of a domestic dispute in the parking lot. The Police went to the parking lot. Dad told officers to mind their own business and refused to show an ID. He made an attempt to walk around the cops and then the fun began.

" According to officers, after repeated requests, Luis Rodriguez continued to refuse to give police his identification and took on a "fighting stance." According to the report, Minard then attempted to place Luis Rodriguez into investigative detention until the incident was further investigated.

According to authorities, when Minard attempted to place handcuffs on Luis Rodriguez, he pulled back and threw Minard off him. Officers said that once Luis Rodriguez became "actively aggressive" other officers stepped in.

At that time, Minard and Luis Rodriguez fell to the ground, investigators said. According to the report, Luis Rodriguez continued to ignore all requests by officer to quit fighting them and stop resisting.

Read more: Moore police release report in Luis Rodriguez death | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Mom claims the Police beat and kicked her husband but the video does not show this.

Mom says he died in the parking lot. EMT /Paramedics say he died at the hospital.

None of us were witness to what happened and don't know all the facts.

I hope anyone who finds themselves on trial, faces a more impartial jury than some who post on threads like this, based only on limited information.
That is the cops version.

They always make up stories in order to justify their crimes.

Also, how does a 19 month old girl fight her mother?

Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is rapidly reaching the point where if you see a COP in uniform, you had better shoot them on sight in self-defense before they shoot you or beat you to death first.

I hope it doesn't get to this point. Sadly we're hearing more and more of this type of crap! Check this out. A few days ago I was picking my son up from after care program after school. Both my wife and I work, and he isn't quite old enough to go right home after school and be alone for a few hours. At any rate, the cops had some kind of event at the school. I pulled in the parking lot, and in addition to some officers being inside, there was an officer out in the parking lot sitting in his car. So I get out of the car and he is staring me down. Now keep in mind, it's been extremely cold this winter even by northeast Ohio standards, so I was in layers that consisted of a hoodie. Over it I had a Cleveland Browns suede jacket on, and a wool hat with the hood over my head as well, and boots. Wouldn't you know it, after I walk in to go get my kid, 2 minutes later he is in the building. I guess they forgot that there is an after care program, and some of us have kids in it, due to our work schedules. I don't know. I found it odd, and maybe it was nothing, because he didn't bother me, but just the way he was staring me down. I even nodded at him, and he didn't even respond.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:42 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
We are seeing cases like this all over the country. So the tip of the day is do not call the police. They hate domestic calls anyway and will show up with a very aggressive attitude. Know also that domestic calls are dangerous calls for the officer and some one will likely be hurt or killed. In your community you should work towards the establishment of an independent review board not connected with the police department but that has the power to fire or set fines.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Cops-To Protect and Supply the Local Funeral Home

Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:

This movie theatre employed 3 security people of which one was an off duty cop. Two on-duty cops were present in the theatre, responding to some drunk patrons.

The Rodriguez mother-daughter were fighting and the mother slapped her daughter. Mom fled to the parking lot. Dad pursued. Someone told the police of a domestic dispute in the parking lot. The Police went to the parking lot. Dad told officers to mind their own business and refused to show an ID. He made an attempt to walk around the cops and then the fun began...
And that is where it should have ended. As I said, they did not assess the scene. You keep making excuses for these aholes, it's sickening.

I'll bet you hard money that they did not go up, politely, and very politely say, "Yah, hi, we heard there was some sort of dispute out here, and we're just checking it out. Is everyone okay here?"

Couple: "We're fine."

Thugs: "Ma'am, are you okay? Sir, are you okay?"

They could have then used that time, during that conversation, to look for clues that anyone was in immediate danger.

Because THAT is how it should have gone. There was no need to request their ID, none at all. You assess the scene FIRST. It looks like they assumed when they start demanding an ID from the guy. I would have told them to mind their own damn business, as well.

They killed this guy, no matter how you try to slice it.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:55 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
This usually ends up being a heart attack or something. I feel bad for the guy but I'll bet anything he started the wrestling match.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
What would've happened if the father wasn't there?

Old 02-28-2014, 01:12 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:

The Rodriguez mother-daughter were fighting and the mother slapped her daughter. Mom fled to the parking lot. Dad pursued. Someone told the police of a domestic dispute in the parking lot. The Police went to the parking lot. Dad told officers to mind their own business and refused to show an ID. He made an attempt to walk around the cops and then the fun began.

" According to officers, after repeated requests, Luis Rodriguez continued to refuse to give police his identification and took on a "fighting stance." According to the report, Minard then attempted to place Luis Rodriguez into investigative detention until the incident was further investigated.

According to authorities, when Minard attempted to place handcuffs on Luis Rodriguez, he pulled back and threw Minard off him. Officers said that once Luis Rodriguez became "actively aggressive" other officers stepped in.

At that time, Minard and Luis Rodriguez fell to the ground, investigators said. According to the report, Luis Rodriguez continued to ignore all requests by officer to quit fighting them and stop resisting.

Read more: Moore police release report in Luis Rodriguez death | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Mom claims the Police beat and kicked her husband but the video does not show this.

Mom says he died in the parking lot. EMT /Paramedics say he died at the hospital.

None of us were witness to what happened and don't know all the facts.

I hope anyone who finds themselves on trial, faces a more impartial jury than some who post on threads like this, based only on limited information.
If I was one of those officers and I had just killed a man for no reason, I'd go so far as to say Rodriguez went for my gun just to save my ass. This account is hardly surprising. Cops lie. It's what they do. A cop will claim you assaulted him while you're on your knees, with your hands up in the air, and in the process of being beaten by 3 or 4 fellow cop buddies. The proper procedure is to scream "stop resisting" or "let go of my gun" in any kind of altercation even if the suspect has fully submitted, or in this case, had already died. You can hear it in the video. This is how cops get out of brutality charges. They either teach this at the academy or they learn it from all their fellow officers.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:17 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And that is where it should have ended. As I said, they did not assess the scene. You keep making excuses for these aholes, it's sickening.

I'll bet you hard money that they did not go up, politely, and very politely say, "Yah, hi, we heard there was some sort of dispute out here, and we're just checking it out. Is everyone okay here?"

Thugs: "Ma'am, are you okay? Sir, are you okay?"

They could have then used that time, during that conversation, to look for clues that anyone was in immediate danger.

Because THAT is how it should have gone. There was no need to request their ID, none at all. You assess the scene FIRST. It looks like they assumed when they start demanding an ID from the guy. I would have told them to mind their own damn business, as well.

They killed this guy, no matter how you try to slice it.

That's their story. How much do you want to bet they simply tackled him and started the beat down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies