Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Like my old man would have said, the people who love their guns and know them front to back better than they know anyone around them never shot anyone or were shot at.

This coming from a guy who lived through 3 years of the Pacific War as a Marine and came home with a cigar box full of medals.

The lack of respect for life in this thread is disgusting. Cheering that a little child killed an animal. A new low.
I hope Mr. respect is a vegetarian then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:10 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Like my old man would have said, the people who love their guns and know them front to back better than they know anyone around them never shot anyone or were shot at.

This coming from a guy who lived through 3 years of the Pacific War as a Marine and came home with a cigar box full of medals.

The lack of respect for life in this thread is disgusting. Cheering that a little child killed an animal. A new low.
What's even more sad is the lack of respect that you have for the lives of young human children vs a dangerous animal isn't "a new low" for your kind... It's business as usual. Your side uses this unfounded "shaming tactics" in every debate. You know darn well the cheering is for the saved lives of the children you all jump to the chance of accusing us of wanting to be killed...

I guess I take it that you have no problem with children being killed as long as it's not with a gun then?

Last edited by DoniDanko; 02-27-2014 at 11:32 PM..

Old 02-28-2014, 05:18 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:

So, you would have rather seen the child mauled....got it, noted...

And what does medals have to do with anything? for that matter, what the heck does being a marine have to do with anything...

And, I beleive the premise of the thread is, that young children can also handle a gun very well and not hurt others.....but that flew right over your head....that's understandable... and it is obvious that it makes you mad....

Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
It seems that there were an awful lot of big cats around their particular ranch.

I wonder if they were luring them, just to have a chance to kill them?

Seems that way to me.

And that one picture of the girl with that dead, emaciated animal; how can she take pride in that?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

And that one picture of the girl with that dead, emaciated animal; how can she take pride in that?

Obviously she wasn't raised to be the victim....

You should have seen my daughter beeming with pride, the first dove she knocked out of the air.
Her first hog was the same excitment.
Her first deer set a county record that still holds today. Beeming with pride is an understatement.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:31 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It seems that there were an awful lot of big cats around their particular ranch.

I wonder if they were luring them, just to have a chance to kill them?

Seems that way to me.

I guess the question would be, why would she NOT take pride in that?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:36 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess the question would be, why would she NOT take pride in that?
The cat the girl shot was definitely emaciated indicating illness or injury. That alone made it more dangerous.

She did the right thing, even the humane thing.

As far as pride goes, my sons have been hunting with me since they were 4 or 5 (so have the girls but not as much or as often), one is 28 the other 17, and they both still like to have their picture taken when they bag a goose or some ducks. We have dozens/hundreds of those pictures. They're good shots.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:38 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
So, you would have rather seen the child mauled....got it, noted...

And what does medals have to do with anything? for that matter, what the heck does being a marine have to do with anything...

And, I beleive the premise of the thread is, that young children can also handle a gun very well and not hurt others.....but that flew right over your head....that's understandable... and it is obvious that it makes you mad....
Yessir, that WAS the general idea: That children knowing how to use guns is NOT a bad thing!
Of course, I also knew it would upset the antis of many persuasions. It apparently worked!

Old 02-28-2014, 07:08 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
LOL.....

I guess you would rather had the child mauled and killed by the "sick animal."...

LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Where exactly did I say that?? Anyone has a right to defend themselves from a harmful animal (though I doubt it could have done much damage) but don't act like pulling a trigger on a slow moving sick animal is a monumental act of bravery of course anytime someone kills something or someone with a gun, it's cause for a celebration isn't it? LOL pretty sad

Old 02-28-2014, 07:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
anytime someone kills something or someone with a gun, it's cause for a celebration isn't it? LOL pretty sad

Pretty much....
Laws of nature rule all and we are the highest on the totempole, as the king of predators. At least until some Progressive wacko wants to try and modify the laws of nature and get sh*t all out of whack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies