Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,750,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem
why the hell are you here??
Because WE LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!!

WE DONT LIKE WHATS GOING ON,WE DONT LIKE HOW THEY TREAT THE WORLD AND MAKE US ALL WHO LIVE HERE LOOK BAD!!

Leaving doesnt solve anything!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 12:08 AM

31,927 posts, read 14,919,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
why the hell are you here??
go live some where else
what I see are a bunch of self obsessed folks who could not find their own butt with both their hands
an as far as Zimmerman they searched and searched and could find no racist anything the racists are the hacks that did the search, found nothing, and are still spreading lies
the little prick he killed got shot because he was beating this man's head in the concrete
too bad he pulled this shi* on someone with a gun
he got just what he disserved
I will tell you over the last 5 years since we have gone so downhill with the racists who sits in the white house I have
seen how this president has harmed our country as far as race relations
he could have brought such healing but no he has divided us even more
I do not know how much worse it will be by the time this ******* is finally out of office
race,race, race
I am frigging sick of it
I'm from Mississippi and your comments disgust me. You are such a racist.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,204,878 times
We're Imperialist if you want to say "semantics" then I won't disagree.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,423,102 times
It sounds like you're just looking for reasons to not like America, bro. It's as boring and predictable as all of the threads about how the USA is going to collapse because of Obama, etc.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,386,653 times
The US became a terrorist sponsoring nation the instant Obama became President and sided with al Qaeda.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:23 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,827,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Ronnie said that terrorism is a cowardly act.
And, Bill Clinton would be wont to say, "We do it be-cauuse we caaan."

https://www.google.com/search?q=famo...2F%3B900%3B600

Old 03-02-2014, 07:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,409,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Ronnie said that terrorism is a cowardly act.
Oh right, and Arms for the Contras back door dealing with Iran with good old scapegoat Olly North doesn't ring a bell for ya?

Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,409,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'd have dropped the class after the first day. You didn't get an unbiased education, you got brainwashed by a professor with an agenda. Personal opinions and agendas have no place in an educational institution.
An unbiased education would have involved being taught to consider all facts with consideration for all actions taken by the U.S. and come to a conclusion for discussion and debate.

Being taught that everything done by the U.S. in the course of it's history is just hunky-dory is also not being given an unbiased viewpoint.

Professors that "teach" the U.S. is a terrorist nation are wrong. Professors that "offer" that conclusion with presentation of all facts in history are at least giving you the chance to refute and engage in discussion.

Professors who merely parrot Hollywoods characterization of all things American are setting you up for a far worse assimilation of factual history.

You ain't the innocent, beneficent, philanthropist donating of his time and money to make the world a better place BUT neither are you the raging, dictatorial, megalomaniac, raping and pillaging in the name of righteousness some on here would have you portrayed.

A period of time existed whereas had you been the imperialistic nation some chose to characterize you as; you could have embarked on a course of expansion second to only that of the Roman Empire.

Putin and his oligarchical friends merely cling to memories that make them rich while spouting Marxist nonsense of Russia's past glorys. His citizens are not as deprived of factual knowledge as they were in the past and he will run into problems from them should he overstep in this "about to be quagmire" called the Ukraine".

This could very well turn out to be his "Gorbachev meets Yeltsin" humiliation that sees the Duma clipping his wings once and for all.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,448,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Now that we got that out of the way..... The people that the Japanese killed at Pearl Harbor were also innocent. Most countries, if not all, have the blood of war on their hands. You can't hold that against the U.S. because that is every country. What were we supposed to do, let them bomb us and say, Oh, it's ok....
We should've stayed out of their war instead of provoking an attack, which we've known since the late '90s we did on purpose.

Quote:
Why don't you go live in China or Japan, which has a notoriously bad human rights record?
Japan has an excellent human rights record the past few decades.

Quote:
America IS free compared to most other nations.
What does that have to do with us being terrorists?

Quote:
Gay people are being accepted little by little, but we are getting there. Why don't you go to Russia where being gay is a CRIME?!?!
It isn't a crime, "propagandizing" for homosexuality is a crime. A disgusting law, but not the same thing.

Quote:
Or go to one of these countries where you can get your head cut off for being gay?
There is only one of those, and they are a close U.S. ally.

Quote:
People who do not subscribe to the idea of American Exceptionalism sicken me. If you do not like this country
People who ignorantly employ false alternatives sicken me.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,827,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh right, and Arms for the Contras back door dealing with Iran with good old scapegoat Olly North doesn't ring a bell for ya?
Maybe Ronnie was a self-effacing terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies