Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:28 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because the right-to-life movement bases it's arguments on the premises that women are irresponsible, immoral, or stupid. That's how they blame women who have abortions. A woman who chooses an abortion is always at least one of the three. Because from their perspective, abortion is ALWAYS the wrong choice. So the person making that wrong choice must be flawed in some way.
So you are just arguing against your strawman pro-life person? Feel free to carry on, but don't quote my posts in your responses since you are arguing against things I have never said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 10:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
So you are just arguing against your strawman pro-life person? Feel free to carry on, but don't quote my posts in your responses since you are arguing against things I have never said.
Just because you've never overtly said that women who get abortions are immoral, irresponsible or stupid doesn't mean that that isn't the underlying message.

If abortion is always the wrong choice, why do these women keep making the wrong choice over and over?

Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I donate to crisis pregnancy centers, food banks, homeless missions, and lots of other places that help people of all ages with a variety of needs. I care about people. My sister worked for a crisis pregnancy center for many years. I've seen first hand the devastation of many women who have had abortions. It doesn't just hurt the baby.
the other side of this coin is thousands of women still support their choice for abortion, as it was the best choice for them at the time.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:43 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
It appears your source is a Fox news manipulation, and your post gives the impression there is something wrong/illegal going on.

But if something illegal was going on, you know damn well republicans would have Planned Parenthood under investigation and in court.

If you hate this so much, why don't you fight to change campaign laws?
Typical liberal retort. Vapid all.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the other side of this coin is thousands of women still support their choice for abortion, as it was the best choice for them at the time.
It's murder. At least try to be a little honest.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post

So every woman who has an abortion is a murderer, and therefore immoral. Right?

Old 02-28-2014, 10:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Abortions are only 3% of the work that Planned Parenthood does.
That 3% figure has to be among the greatest statistical garbage numbers ever used in political or social policy debate.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That 3% figure has to be among the greatest statistical garbage numbers ever used in political or social policy debate.
Perhaps it is, and perhaps it isn't.

The truth is that Planned Parenthood provides a lot of services besides abortion, that federal moneys are not spent to pay for abortions, and that a woman should have the right to make decisions regarding her reproductive health, as well as her well-being in all matters.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I agree. In 2011 and 2012, Planned Parenthood did more than 660,000 abortions. That is from their own annual reports.

And they received more than a half a billion dollars of federal funding during 2011-2012 as well. That includes both grants plus reimbursements from Medicaid plans.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
the law of the land disagrees with your opinions. the woman having the abortion is the sole judge. She can define abortion as she sees fit without your morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies