Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because the right-to-life movement bases it's arguments on the premises that women are irresponsible, immoral, or stupid. That's how they blame women who have abortions. A woman who chooses an abortion is always at least one of the three. Because from their perspective, abortion is ALWAYS the wrong choice. So the person making that wrong choice must be flawed in some way.
I would have to say that sex out of wedlock or at least outside of a long term relationship is immoral, and that goes for the man involved as well by the way. I wonder how often an abortion is to hide the fact that someone messed around and does not want the boyfriend or husband to know. Its also immoral when the woman decides to go with the abortion at 25 weeks because she just got that job promotion and wants the big paycheck over the baby all of a sudden. That is someone a liberal elite yuppie woman would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes. Every single one.

As for your woman crying, she's the one who gets to make the decision. Don't strip her of her power. SHE decides that the abortion is preferable to the alternative. SHE DECIDES.

I've counseled plenty of women. And many who were devastated by an abortion. Abortions are terrible things. But the majority of those women would have been devastated by the alternative as well. And as devastating as the abortion was, they'd do it again. YOUR own statistics prove that. They'd do it again. And part of the healing process is about not treating these women as victims. They're not victims. They are thoughtful, smart, responsible, capable, moral women, thinking about what they want from life, thinking about how an unwanted pregnancy would impact their life, both short-term and long-term, and after weighing their options choosing what's BEST for them. Some women choose to have their babies and keep them. Some women choose to have their babies and put them up for adoption. Some women choose abortion. Respect for all women begins with respecting the decisions women make. You belittle women when you pretend that the woman didn't make this decision, that her husband/boyfriend/parents made the decision for her. She has the final say-so. She may be heartbroken over the options she has, but they are HER options. SHE DECIDES.
If these women are devastated by the abortions, thinks of the abortion doctors who actually personally kill babies every single day and the nurses to help in this procedure. Think about the kind of person who would work in an abortion clinic!

Old 02-28-2014, 03:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
I am curious about one point. Rs continue to vote for withdrawal (sic) of funds supporting PP, does it not make business sense for PP to ensure their survival, and supporting prochoice candidates does that.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:16 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Lots of misinformation here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
We all know that Planned Parenthood is a government funded organization. Our tax money is used to keep this abortion outfit afloat. Yet they, as a recipient of federal funds, is still allowed to donate to political campaigns? Is this legal?

Planned Parenthood plots largest-ever campaign blitz in 2014 | Fox News
PP is a private federation of reproductive health clinics. They have 1st Amendment rights, including the right to donate to political campaigns.

Quote:
Yes Grsz11, you really think its okay for a government entity like Planned Parenthood to donate money to campaigns? Especially given that Planned Parenthood is a government funded organization. I guess it is the official government abortion service, vs individual abortion doctors.
PP is not a government entity in any way, shape, or form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Plan Parenthood is a supposed Gov. agency, but not. Correct me if I am wrong, bur isn't PH a non profit agency???

defense and Agri are money making parts our economy that is a benefit to commerce and provides the tax base. Clearly there is a difference.

Plan Parent hood should not be subsides by the tax payers and they should not engage in funding candidates since they are o should be none profit.
PP is not a "supposed Gov. agency." It is a private federation of reproductive health clinics. We have an extended history of private non-profit organizations contributing to political campaigns. This is no different.

It is one thing to believe that federal funds shouldn't go to PP; everyone is entitled to an opinion. It is another thing entirely--and absolutely incorrect--to believe that PP gives up its rights by accepting federal funding. That is completely unconstitutional.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:30 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
I would have to say that sex out of wedlock or at least outside of a long term relationship is immoral, and that goes for the man involved as well by the way. I wonder how often an abortion is to hide the fact that someone messed around and does not want the boyfriend or husband to know. Its also immoral when the woman decides to go with the abortion at 25 weeks because she just got that job promotion and wants the big paycheck over the baby all of a sudden. That is someone a liberal elite yuppie woman would do.

sex outside of wedlock/long term relationship as immoral, you are in the minority in today's age. thousands of abortion are because of bad relationship that are unsustainable. do you want these people to live by your moral values?

your knowledge of late term abortion is sorely lacking. late term abortions are not done for job promotions or because bathing suit season is soon. get educated.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,624 times
Quote:
If these women are devastated by the abortions, thinks of the abortion doctors who actually personally kill babies every single day and the nurses to help in this procedure. Think about the kind of person who would work in an abortion clinic!
They are not babies. 90% of abortions are done on a clump of cells. Guess what according to the Bible the fetus is not human not alive. For most of human history and the history of this country abortion was not illegal nor considered immoral. Jewish mourning rites are not done on fetuses.

Also guess what studies have shown that the best way to prevent abortions is to have planned parenthood clinics be everywhere. To not have restrictions on abortions. Making abortion illegal doesn't reduce the numbers of abortions it just increases them.

There are medical reasons for abortions. Know what a ecotopic pregnancy is? It's when the sperm meets the egg in the Fallopian tubes. If not treated there is a 50% the woman will die or be severely injured where she cannot ever have children. Know what the treatment for this condition is? If caught early it is to be given the drugs that cause an abortion. There are over a 100,000 of these treatments done each year in the US and guess what they are not counted as abortions even though technically they are.

Abortions are done on dead fetuses. They are done on fetuses whose birth would kill the mother because the fetus was shown in late term to have a genetic ailment in which the bones are so brittle they will shatter into shards killing the fetus and then killing the mother.

Know what the most humane way of removing these fetuses that was the safest surgical procedure for the mother and that left a body for the mother to hold and grieve over since in these cases the pregnancy was often wanted and was in the second or later trimester?

It was the procedure you people called partial birth abortion and got banned while the procedure that involves going in and slicing up the fetus into little chunks is perfectly allowed despite being more dangerous to the mother and not leaving a body to grieve over.

People that support abortion rights do so because they actually have researched the matter and looked at the actual facts, not myths, not lies told by liars for Jesus and decided that the greater good shows that abortion must be legal because making it illegal doesn't reduce the number of abortion and instead causes nothing but suffering and death.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
I'm a conservative and I support Planned Parenthood 100%, I'm all for any group that kills off as many future Democrat voters as possible. Let's be realistic and honest for a minute, if Planned Parenthood didn't step up to eliminate these likely Democrat voters we'll end up paying for them either in jail, prison or on lifetime welfare. Abortions are the cheapest and easiest way to control the creation of Democrat base voters.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm a conservative and I support Planned Parenthood 100%, I'm all for any group that kills off as many future Democrat voters as possible. Let's be realistic and honest for a minute, if Planned Parenthood didn't step up to eliminate these likely Democrat voters we'll end up paying for them either in jail, prison or on lifetime welfare. Abortions are the cheapest and easiest way to control the creation of Democrat base voters.
You have tunnel vision with planned parenthood. You are the one not being realistic. It's not all about abortion. They provide so many other services

Old 03-01-2014, 11:01 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

you can't really think conservative republican women don't have abortions do you?

Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Of course that is who supports their government funding that is their compensation means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies