Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 PM

25,747 posts, read 16,367,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
"Oh Magoo, you've done it again".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Vice President Biden is under fire for suggesting working women would benefit from ObamaCare by being able to quit their jobs to spend time at home.

"How many of you are single women with children in a dead-end job?" Biden asked, during an appearance on "The View" on Tuesday. "You're there because of your health insurance. You'd rather have the opportunity to spend the next couple years with your child. [Do] you want to stay in that job, even though you can get health insurance absent that job? And it gives women a great deal more freedom."

Biden to women: Thanks to ObamaCare, you can quit working | Fox News
What is wrong with what he said?

In many cases, the children would be much better off staying home with their mother for the first few years. My wife and I made many sacrifices so she could stay home with all 5 of our children.

For us, it was unacceptable to drop our children off somewhere during the day when they were under 5. Every family is different.

I bet there are many, many women out there that would love to stay home with their kids but are forced to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,634,231 times
Quote:

Vice President Biden is under fire for suggesting working women would benefit from ObamaCare by being able to quit their jobs to spend time at home.

"How many of you are single women with children in a dead-end job?" Biden asked, during an appearance on "The View" on Tuesday. "You're there because of your health insurance. You'd rather have the opportunity to spend the next couple years with your child. [Do] you want to stay in that job, even though you can get health insurance absent that job? And it gives women a great deal more freedom."

Another Fox news manipulation (and Fox news leaving out the facts.)

Do you honestly believe Biden wants women to quit their jobs and spent their time at home?

Biden was talking about women in dead end jobs, who stay at that job because they get health insurance from that job. Biden said Obamacare will allow those women to leave that job (and get a better job), without loosing their health insurance.

This is just like when Rush radio puts Obama's voice on the air saying "We don't have a spending problem."

But Obama really said something like this "We don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem from GW Bush lowering rich peoples taxes, before Bush lowered rich peoples taxes our government had the money to pay for all our programs."

But Rush radio leaves the last part out.

Last edited by chad3; 02-27-2014 at 11:16 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 11:10 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,706,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

In many cases, the children would be much better off staying home with their mother for the first few years. My wife and I made many sacrifices so she could stay home with all 5 of our children.

For us, it was unacceptable to drop our children off somewhere during the day when they were under 5. Every family is different.

I bet there are many, many women out there that would love to stay home with their kids but are forced to work.
Maybe a Tea Partier can answer this if you are a Tea Partying couple and you take advantage of the tax credits to become a stay at home mom is this ok or are you a leech?

If you are liberals and vote democrat and now decide to stay at home and take advantage of the ACA tax credits are you another free loader sucking off the government. Is there a difference between a Tea Party couple taking advantage of the ACA and a non-Republican Democratic leech.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 AM

14,863 posts, read 8,149,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of our laws however one sees fit. We all do it everyday.

I'm going to agree. I take advantage of US laws/benefits on a daily basis. I advise all of you people to do the same. That goes for conservatives and libertarians as well. If you qualify for something, take it. You aren't proving anything to anyone by not taking something that is already there.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,612,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Another Fox news manipulation (and Fox news leaving out the facts.)

Do you honestly believe Biden wants women to quit their jobs and spent their time at home?

Biden was talking about women in dead end jobs, who stay at that job because they get health insurance from that job. Biden said Obamacare will allow those women to leave that job (and get a better job), without loosing their health insurance.

This is just like when Rush radio puts Obama's voice on the air saying "We don't have a spending problem."

But Obama really said something like this "We don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem from GW Bush lowering rich peoples taxes, before Bush lowered rich peoples taxes our government had the money to pay for all our programs."

But Rush radio leaves the last part out.
lololol.

Clue: This thread isn't even remotely about Rush.

'Nother Clue: He said what he said. You'll just have to deal with it.

And the bit about "loosing" health insurance. What, exactly, does that mean?

Old 02-28-2014, 02:30 AM

30,157 posts, read 23,540,121 times
Quote:

So I gave this some thought tonight, and I've concluded that what I'm more concerned about than what Ocare may or may not afford for me, is the fact that apparently there are women out there who have children with dead end jobs.

That's got to be tough on a 10 year old.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,220,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

Most sexist post of the day. Congrats!

Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

And the bit about "loosing" health insurance. What, exactly, does that mean?
When health insurance is too "tight", one must loosen it. What are you, a looser who doesn't know this?

Old 02-28-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm going to agree. I take advantage of US laws/benefits on a daily basis. I advise all of you people to do the same. That goes for conservatives and libertarians as well. If you qualify for something, take it. You aren't proving anything to anyone by not taking something that is already there.
I dunno. Neo-proggies like to bait people into not taking out SS or Medicare if they felt as libertarian as they did.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:45 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,186,201 times
Quote:

Just more of the democratic war on women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies