Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 07:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiesIrae View Post
Yes, because liberty and pursuit of happiness are only possible in America. Nobody else has a clue or the opportunity. Lol

USA! USA! USA!
As opposed to Germany! Germany! Germany!

Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Apparently you do not.
I didn't say I knew a lot. Just more than you.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:57 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Why don't you go look. There certainly more diversity in countries like Andorra, Angola, Bahrain, Belize, Brazil, etc. than there is in Germany, just to name a few. You might want to get your data from somewhere else.
I looked, and it seems Germany has the 3rd most in the world just like the poster said. That's why I asked you where you got different information.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:08 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I didn't say I knew a lot. Just more than you.
Sure, you proved you think there is an imaginary wall which seals off the borders of Germany. What you did not know, however, is that everyone can drive right through the imaginary wall and not even notice it. The problem with imaginary things is that they don't actually exist.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 AM

493 posts, read 783,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post

I fail to see any irony here.
well thats a shame, for someone who seems so well written, to not have an accompanying level of common sense

One shouldnt expect a territory that stretches from the uk to the middle east to be uniform in its cultures correct? IOW, it would be foolish to think what works in california would work in ny or vice versa, even if our population were homogenius, our regions would be diverse

But America isnt making up for lost time on the ethnic diversity front like the EU is, we've been diverse for centuries. So even within regions the size of eu countries, different cultural norms means different views of work ethic, education, personal responsiblity, family values etc....

and i wouldnt have it any other way, i love the melting pot. we have to learn from each other, there cant just be one dominant group that uses its historical prescence to force others to assimilate like in europe.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:36 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, you proved you think there is an imaginary wall which seals off the borders of Germany.
Cite re: "imaginary wall"?

Be that as it may, last time I entered Franz Josef Airport, I don't recall an open border between the plane and airport exit. That's how I know I'm more informed than you about the subject.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:13 PM

4 posts, read 2,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Such a pathetic strawman. Homogeneous societies do better because everyone looks and acts alike, ala Sweden.
Oh, so that explains the success of countries such as Congo, Botswana and Zanzibar."Homogeneous societies do better because everyone looks and acts alike". I am going to hold on to this quote. Hillarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies