Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:27 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times

Advertisements

^^NPR has been the closest I have seen in USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 04:41 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Fox News takes on the other side of what the majority of people feel. They "create" news that way. The majority likes to watch the "other" side and that's how Fox news is oriented. If you find yourself agreeing with Fox News, you are probably the minority...

Old 12-03-2007, 05:05 PM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
I keep reading about how FOX News and Sean Hannity are so right leaning. Ever notice Allan Combs sitting beside Sean?? He's the far-left leaning guy. Their one hour show is very fair, very balanced. The Fox Report is just news of the day ~ no left or right. Bill O'Reilly is brilliant and #1 as always in his time slot ~ the most watched show on cable news; hard to argue that. And On The Record is legal and police stories ~ nothing news about it. FOX is part news ~ part entertainment. Very fair and balanced.......and unafraid......

I love that FOX is so threatening to liberals ~ they whine and complain about it all the time. I've always wondered why those complainers watch that channel at all?? I mean, it's a cable channel that you have to pay for. Just turn it somewhere else where you find them more fair....kind of like if you don't like chocolate ice cream, don't buy it.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
I keep reading about how FOX News and Sean Hannity are so right leaning. Ever notice Allan Combs sitting beside Sean?? He's the far-left leaning guy. Their one hour show is very fair, very balanced. The Fox Report is just news of the day ~ no left or right. Bill O'Reilly is brilliant and #1 as always in his time slot ~ the most watched show on cable news; hard to argue that. And On The Record is legal and police stories ~ nothing news about it. FOX is part news ~ part entertainment. Very fair and balanced.......and unafraid......

I love that FOX is so threatening to liberals ~ they whine and complain about it all the time. I've always wondered why those complainers watch that channel at all?? I mean, it's a cable channel that you have to pay for. Just turn it somewhere else where you find them more fair....kind of like if you don't like chocolate ice cream, don't buy it.
Yeah, there's always Keith Olberfuhrer on the other network (Missinbusy), for those inclined. I hear eight or nine people tune in regularly to his hate-fest.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:18 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post

Yes, lefties complain about Fox News all the time. It's true. But that doesn't change the fact that Fox does lean conservative (well, technically, neocon) in its slant on the news. Colmes is a token liberal around there.

Fair and balanced? Makes for a good slogan. But it comes across as more like the antidote to everyone else, like the anti-CNN. Which is fine! But Fox News is no more fair and balanced than CNN, MSNBC, or take your pick.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah, there's always Keith Olberfuhrer on the other network (Missinbusy), for those inclined. I hear eight or nine people tune in regularly to his hate-fest.

Ha! Well, at least Olbermann has a sense of humor. And aren't his ratings up as of late?

Old 12-03-2007, 05:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
The day we have "fair and balanced" news is the day when we take the "human" element out of news... until then, we will have to make do with what we have now.... "unfair and unbalanced" news reports... although it is entertaining... conservatives see CNN making an ass of itself and liberals seeing Fox News making an ass of themselves... lol...

Old 12-03-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The day we have "fair and balanced" news is the day when we take the "human" element out of news... until then, we will have to make do with what we have now.... "unfair and unbalanced" news reports... although it is entertaining... conservatives see CNN making an ass of itself and liberals seeing Fox News making an ass of themselves... lol...

It's so true. The only thing that really comes close to fair and balanced reporting is C-SPAN, becuse their people just shut up and show you what's actually happening ... no commentary or analysis whatsoever!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:32 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,422 times
Murdoch is a flaming liberal. He only allows FOX to be conservative because he is raking in a lot of money.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:22 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I could have told you that, tnbound. They went over the edge a long time ago. At least CNN puts on some conservatives to give viewers different perspectives.

Even Fox News is pretty ridiculous. I like the Fox newsbunnies though....just have to turn down the volume.
Susan Estrich
Alan Colmes
Ellen Ratner
Geraldo Rivera
Geraldine Ferraro
Harold Ford, Jr.
Lis Wiehl
Juan Williams

Just a few off the top of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies