Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who suffers the most racism in 2014 in the U.S.?
Black people suffer the most racism, by far. 54 42.19%
White people suffer the most racism, by far. 38 29.69%
Both suffer similar amounts of racism, but different kinds. 31 24.22%
I don't know / Other 5 3.91%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 03:00 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Who suffers the most racism?

Please give backing evidence including forms of racism, whether subtle or blatant, such as discrimination, oppression, violence, white privilege, affirmative action, systematic bias, crime, political correctness, police injustice, quotas, subsidies, welfare, prison, etc. and whether it depends on age and place.
So who gets the prize in this no win poll?

Divide and conquer still works after all these centuries.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I can only speak for myself, but the only folks who are angry and resentful about my success are white people. As much as some say they want black folks to get a good education, job, be law abiding citizens, have children within marriage, etc., when they encounter black people who are doing just that, they have a problem with them. It truly boggles the mind.
The hell with those white racists. They don't owe you a thing especially since it sounds like YOU stepped up and took care of business. BTW: I'm "white".

Old 03-03-2014, 04:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I can only speak for myself, but the only folks who are angry and resentful about my success are white people. As much as some say they want black folks to get a good education, job, be law abiding citizens, have children within marriage, etc., when they encounter black people who are doing just that, they have a problem with them. It truly boggles the mind.
This is something that I have also experienced personally. I started working for a government agency (the VA) and found that my supervisor has less experience, less schooling (certificate) and is not a veteran but someone managed to to become a high level supervisor based on (white priviledge or a family member in the system) I do not what, but has questioned every move that I make for no apparent reason. I have heard snide remarks regarding my BS degree and years of experience and even her supervisor has pointed it out to her as well.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
You don't know, or did you just wake up? Blacks aren't exactly well known to register and vote.
Came out of the woodwork for obama.
Also, ACORN.
Really because my mom was very clear about wanting me to register to vote as soon as I was able, and tok me with her to the polls as a kid. And sure enough I have voted in just about every election I have been able to, but I did miss one of those special middle of the summer special local ballots about 8 years ago.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:46 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Ridiculous question

There is no such thing as "racism" against whites. RESPONDING to the ignorant behavior by the bigoted, racist segment of whites, doesn't make a black person racist.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There is no such thing as "racism" against whites. RESPONDING to the ignorant behavior by the bigoted, racist segment of whites, doesn't make a black person racist.
Uh; there's def racism against anglo white people by SOME Blacks and even SOME "Hispanic" people. Sheesh!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM

938 posts, read 1,515,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Yes there is. I think what you mean is that the racism against Whites isn't the kind of racism where someone or some group in power is discriminating.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:21 AM

269 posts, read 255,927 times
Persons of color in general. By an extremely high margin. Anyone else who believes otherwise is completely in the dark. Check stats on the web on some clear racial divides when it comes to jobs, when it comes to police mistreatment, when it comes to education. It's not even close.

What is true, however, is that poor whites are becoming..well, not equally as ostracized, but ostracized nonetheless. Increasingly America is becoming a have vs have nots. The problem is that most persons of color are thrown into the have nots solely because they are persons of color.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101flyboy View Post
Persons of color in general. By an extremely high margin. Anyone else who believes otherwise is completely in the dark. Check stats on the web on some clear racial divides when it comes to jobs, when it comes to police mistreatment, when it comes to education. It's not even close.

What is true, however, is that poor whites are becoming..well, not equally as ostracized, but ostracized nonetheless. Increasingly America is becoming a have vs have nots. The problem is that most persons of color are thrown into the have nots solely because they are persons of color.
honestly you can not tell the truth by stats. One of the first things one learns when taking statistics courses, is that the numbers really do not mean anything but what the interpreter wants them to mean.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
no black person is getting that sentence that white kid got in texas for killing 4 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies