Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's time for some knive laws.

NBC News - Breaking News & Top Stories - Latest World, US & Local News

"I saw a person come straight at me with a long knife and I ran away with everyone," he said, adding that people who were slower were severely injured.
If they take away guns, lunatics will use knives. If they take away knives, lunatics will use bats. If they take away bats, lunatics will use rocks. It's a never ending circle jerk of control, over safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
deleted....

Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
How many would have been killed if these attackers had semi-automatic guns???

Old 03-03-2014, 12:28 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
A Chinese terrorist group attacks Chinese people and most of the comments on that site are anti-American? How moderate and full of reason they are.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How many would have been killed if these attackers had semi-automatic guns???
Maybe none if somebody had a semi auto to stop the attack in the first place. You folks are lost.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe none if somebody had a semi auto to stop the attack in the first place. You folks are lost.
We have that here in the US (somebody with a semi auto to stop the attack in the first placeh) yet people are shot to death by crazed people who get their hands on semi autos.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Oh lets pass some more laws then right jojajn? That will stop the crooks. Problem is YOU folks want to take the ability to defend ones self out of the defenders............and call. a phone is now in place instead of a gun when the time comes.......... Just insanity.......but hey that is what is going on in this nation nowdays............you seem to love it.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh lets pass some more laws then right jojajn? That will stop the crooks. Problem is YOU folks want to take the ability to defend ones self out of the defenders............and call. a phone is now in place instead of a gun when the time comes.......... Just insanity.......but hey that is what is going on in this nation nowdays............you seem to love it.
Actually gun regulations work very well in those countries where guns are tightly regulated. That would include China.

All countries compared for Crime > Murders with firearms

Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Actually gun regulations work very well in those countries where guns are tightly regulated. That would include China.

All countries compared for Crime > Murders with firearms
Go see the knife wielding hero of yours.............that is what china gets you.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You probably didn't read the "laws" and you certainly don't know spit about Dubai because you've never been there.

Got anything about those suicide bombers and stoning women you made reference to?
With regards to the rules in Dubai, from what I've read while Dubai is more liberal than other Islamic nations that doesn't mean they still don't have fairly strict rules. Just go to google and search for 'Dubai laws tourists' or other variations of that and see how many results you get about the Do's and Don'ts when visiting Dubai. Are you telling me all those websites are incorrect and I can kiss and makeout with my girlfriend etc the same as I can do in any western country without any fear of getting into trouble?

Also with regards to suicide bombings/stonings here you go:

Just happened today:

Islamabad court suicide attack strikes terrorism blow in Pakistani capital | World news | The Guardian

Some more:

Fear grips Beirut suburbs after sixth suicide bombing in four months | World news | theguardian.com

And another:

Iraq: Suicide bombing tutor kills himself and 20 pupils in training camp gaffe | euronews,

And another:

Suicide car bomb kills at least 10 in Somali capital | Reuters

And another:

Two NATO contractors killed in Kabul suicide attack - The Hindu

Here's a stoning:

Pakistani couple stoned to death for adultery; six arrested | Reuters

And another. Girl stoned to death for having a Facebook account:

Girl 'stoned to death by Syrian fundamentalists for having a FACEBOOK account' | Mail Online

So tell me again how Muslims are peaceful when there's been so many suicide bombings in even the last month or two?? And tell me again why we should respect a religion and the people who follow it when even minor offenses can lead to death?

Quote:
First, if you go to a foreign country, learn the laws. If you don't like the laws of that country, don't go there.
You see I have NO PROBLEM WITH THIS. If you visit or choose to live in a foreign country, then I agree live by their rules and customs. BUT the problem is MUSLIMS DON'T DO THIS. They expect YOU to respect their religion and their beliefs even above the laws, customs and rules of the nation they settle in. THAT'S the problem I have with Muslims and why they're such hypocrites.

If you go to an Islamic nation you are expected to follow their rules. Fine. But if your nation is kind enough to take in Muslim immigrants, well damn you better be ready to respect their religion and their beliefs NO MATTER WHAT. And you better be ready for Muslims to follow their religion no matter what even if they contradict or don't agree with your beliefs and customs because they couldn't care less. Their religion trumps all and if you disagree you will get a fight on your hands, plain and simple.

Just think of the whole hijab/niqab issue. Even though most in the west don't agree with it, we're FORCED to tolerate it because Muslims won't bend on such a simple issue as women showing their faces in public. You yourself said if you don't like the laws of the country, don't go there. So tell me why Muslims who seem to dislike many western laws, STILL want to move there and enjoy all the benefits of living in a modern, mostly peaceful society without integrating and altering their customs at all to fit their new home country?

If they refuse to make the effort to integrate and adapt to their new home country that they're lucky enough to settle in, then why won't don't get GET THE EFF OUT and go back to their craphole countries that they ran from in the first place? If westerners can't adapt or agree with Islamic rules, we leave, BUT if Muslims can't adapt or agree with western rules, its WE who must adapt to THEM instead of the opposite. Please tell me how this is fair??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies