Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times

Advertisements

For all of you Obama apologists in this thread. We signed an AGREEMENT with Ukraine that said if they got rid of their nukes we would protect their borders from this type of situation. They got rid of the nukes now we have to uphold our end of the agreement. If we don't, we look weak and untrustworthy, which is what Obama really wants anyway.

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Because... a "legitimate president" would have started a war with Russia? Sent an angrier email? Ranted and raved about how "god" told him to start a war in that part of the world? Sold the Ukraine to Halliburton in a no-bid contract?

I'm amazed at how many far-right chickenhawks are so enrage that Obama hasn't "done something" to stop Putin, yet not one of them can come up with a single intelligent answer regarding what action should have been taken to prevent Russia's invasion.

If you don't have a solution that is even equal to what is currently being done, you're in no position to complain.
Holy crap, the left is so stupid. I have laid it out on other posts exactly what Obama could do and how it could destabilize Russia's economy; freeze assets, cut grain shipments; embargo all Russian imports; get the EU on board with this; seize Russian foreign assets. Force the UN to comply with US efforts.

That's what a strong president would do.

What the current fool in the WH will do is exactly nothing.

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
So, I guess the Left's push to force gay rights in Russia is over for now?

Russia reportedly test-fires Intercontinental Ballistic Missile | Fox News

Russia successfully test-fired an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile today, state-run news agency RIA reports, citing a defense..

Looks like Romney and Palin were right about Russia.

Anyone see Jay Carney's press conference? He was not his usual glib self, looked very stressed.

Bascially the Russians are saying dont **** with us.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Freeze his money in banks outside Russia, stop shipping grain, infuse the Ukraine with money and aid, Send the 6th fleet into the Black Sea, bring the Eu in on everything, condemn in the UN for all the good that will do. Build up the USAF in Turkey (we have a NATO bas there), recall our Ambassador from Russia, expel Russia's ambassador, freeze all visa applications, seize all Russian assets in the US.

There are all kinds of things Obama can do but he is too timid to do any of it.
You are making an assumption that our president is timid. I see him as cautious.
With the state of the art cruise missiles available these days, I think it would be a grave mistake to box the 5th fleet in the Black sea. Too many nations that have it in for America border it. Probably never know who fired the first shot, or where it came from.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You are making an assumption that our president is timid. I see him as cautious.
With the state of the art cruise missiles available these days, I think it would be a grave mistake to box the 5th fleet in the Black sea. Too many nations that have it in for America border it. Probably never know who fired the first shot, or where it came from.
Caution sends a bad signal. Shows a person who is weak and timid and can't or won't act. These are the signals Obama is sending out to the world. Why Putin laughs at him.

Obama has just about alienated all his allies around the world.

To regain his standing, he needs to act swiftly and decisively and with the authority of the world backing him. Otherwise Putin will continue to give Obama a hearty FU.

As for the 6th fleet, who could threaten it? Turkey? No, NATO ally. Bulgaria, no, EU member. Romania? No another EU member. Slovakia? No, another EU member. Georgia? They don't have the wherewithal to even hurt our ships. And the Ukraine who will bend over backwards to help our ships. The only real threat is Russia.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Totally. TOTALLY! that's what they're saying! Because I'm sure the world's most powerful (and expensive) military is TOTALLY scared of an ICBM. That's, like, WAY advanced missile technology.

LOOK OUT AMERICA! Russia just test-fired an ICBM! Don't you dare f**k with them!!

Old 03-04-2014, 03:03 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
I have a solution. A VERY very simple solution.

Since the Ukraines agreement to give up their nuclear weapons was based upon the agreement that Russia has violated, we should immediately provide them with 46 nuclear weapons in various configurations as a way to nullify the agreement, and to apologize for it being such a failure. I know its not the 1,900 they gave up, but they did receive some cash for them, and the 46 provided is our apology.

And problem solved. I suspect the Ukraine would accept our apology over the failed agreement and hold us blameless.

And Russia might realize that...oh that agreement maybe was a good thing....

Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Totally. TOTALLY! that's what they're saying! Because I'm sure the world's most powerful (and expensive) military is TOTALLY scared of an ICBM. That's, like, WAY advanced missile technology.

LOOK OUT AMERICA! Russia just test-fired an ICBM! Don't you dare f**k with them!!
It is not only America that is getting the don't **** with us, Europe is probably pretty interested in a test missile being fired that could reach population centers within a handgun of minutes.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
In Korean...

Old 03-04-2014, 03:05 PM

I have laid it out on other posts exactly what Obama could do and how it could destabilize Russia's economy; freeze assets, cut grain shipments; embargo all Russian imports; get the EU on board with this; seize Russian foreign assets. Force the UN to comply with US efforts.

That's what a strong president would do.

What the current fool in the WH will do is exactly nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies