Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O has narcissistic personality disorder.

He believes that his ego is all that matters and is behaving that way.

And you have no way of knowing how involved O's administration was in the Ukrainian coup. I believe he was behind it. Notice they got a new prez right away who immediately appointed the Ukrainian oligarchs to key positions and started making nice with the IMF. He's O's stooge.

Why would Obama do this, you ask? To get back at Putin for Snowden and Syria.
Well sheesh, if Goingback2011 believes the Obama admin was behind the revolution in Kiev, then I guess it's a fact! Never mind "evidence." That's for those silly progressives.

And please, for intellectual sanity's sake, don't tell me I don't have proof that he wasn't involved. I really hope this goes without saying, but burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
We shouldn't be interested in having a president who is feared, but rather, respected.

Fear causes those in fear and those who approach to act irrationally.

Fear is a reaction. Respect is a virtue.
I'm so glad you said this. I was waiting for this type of response.

Ever heard of "Speak softly and carry a big stick?"

Barack Obama does neither. In fact, he does the exact opposite by spewing off with his mouth and having no stick to back it up with. Red lines and big rhetoric followed by cowering behind excuses and blaming others.

Thank you for pointing this out! Barack Obama gets no respect from anyone!

Old 03-04-2014, 04:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
So is Obama a wimp who is making America look weak or a war monger who sends drone strikes on anything and everything? He can't be both. There are plenty of valid criticisms on Obama, but overall his foreign policy is not one of them.
Oh, he can be, and is, both. His foreign policy is in absolute shambles. But I wouldn't expect his slobbering cronies in the electorate to actually acknowledge that.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:37 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Would he have already shipped off a few hundred thousand combat troops and told them to attack the Russians?

Would he have fired off an ICBM or two?

Sunk a few warships?

Carpet bombed the place?

Would he have squinted and looked a lot tougher, more like a Clint Eastwood type?

You seem to think that a conservative president would be "tougher" on Putin, which suggests that you think sanctions are not enough. So what exactly would a conservative president have done differently?
This whining is really getting silly.
Obama is the President, he can do exactly what he wants. He has a Pen and a Phone.
If he gets bad press because of his dithering -- he is just going to have to put on his Big Boy pants and live with it.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:20 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
Tell me the vice president didn't just pledge 1 billion dollars to Ukraine, now aren't we like broke or sumthan,lol.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:35 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
It's simple. Obama should go back in time several hundred years and remove ethnic Russians from Crimea. Now THAT'S leadership.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM

57,283 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Glad you have backed off your previous half-truth point.

Bush did in fact act and that situation is in fact different than the current situation - by Georgia attacking first and with Russia warning that there would be consequences for attacking the region breaking off of Georgia.

Do I really have to describe how the US aircraft carrier fleet had influence? Like I already pointed out, Russia itself complained that the US was in violation of a convention for the purpose of intimidating them...they didn't take over all of Georgia...and it is rather hard to continue attacking Georgian ports when US naval boats arrive in the ports and you don't want to hit one.
We can argue all day regarding who fired the first shot, the fact is that Georgia was a sovereign country and Russia chose to support separatists with force by sending in troops, you call that supporting democracy I call that an invasion. There are still over 10,000 Russian troops in Georgia and they are still in violation of the agreement reached in 2008.

I could not find a record of Putin's retreat due to a US threat, assuming that was the case do you believe that is the action we should take.

I don't blame Bush for Russia's invasion of Georgia, the country is meaningless to the US and the last thing we needed was more bloodshed. The issue I take with some is that the invasion of Crimea was because Obama was weak, that is just opinion and Putin was going to take action once the leader he supported was deposed. The point that he is protecting Russians is just nonsense.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why didn't the GOP criticize Bush over his inaction over Georgia? Why now with Obama?
It could be that Georgian soldiers attacked and killed Russian peace keeping soldiers which is what led to the Russian invasion.
That said it was none of our business which is also the case of the Ukraine invasion.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This whining is really getting silly.
Obama is the President, he can do exactly what he wants. He has a Pen and a Phone.
If he gets bad press because of his dithering -- he is just going to have to put on his Big Boy pants and live with it.
Obama? Bad press Libs are still getting tingles, the big O, they won't give him bad press even though he deserves it.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:58 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Well sheesh, if Goingback2011 believes the Obama admin was behind the revolution in Kiev, then I guess it's a fact! Never mind "evidence." That's for those silly progressives.

And please, for intellectual sanity's sake, don't tell me I don't have proof that he wasn't involved. I really hope this goes without saying, but burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.
I don't try to convince anyone of U.S. involvement in the anti-Russian movements in Ukraine. USAID, CIA, Soros, Amidyar, among others, have funded and trained anti-Russian forces for years. The U.S. got what it wanted, except for Putin's response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies