Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,072,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Being right twice a day is still a better average than Obama's.
Yeah? Well his average wasn't quite good enough to win, was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Well that alliance is shot with Obama snubbing Thatcher's funeral but going all out for Mandela.
I would've missed Thatcher's funeral too. If he would've went, would that have brought her back to life?

What this has to do with Mandela (outside of you getting a chance to take a gratuitous shot at an old black dude) escapes me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
More so than Obama? Definitely, just by the fact alone that Romney actually recognized Russia as still being a potential threat to democracy and stability in that part of the world.
So because Romney recognized that Russia was a threat, that would've made the Russians more afraid of him?

Great logic.

Putin wouldn't have given a damn about Romney. Hell, i can look at Romney and see that he's soft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't want to go to war but Clinton signed an agreement for Ukraine to give up their defense. Why couldn't he just stay out of it and Ukraine wouldn't be looking for the U.S. to "keep their word".
Ask Clinton.

Anyway, if you don't wanna go to war, what do you want to do specifically?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:26 AM

16,756 posts, read 8,152,326 times
M Romney- lets be ready to fight a war in the trenches, not at the banks or hedgefunds so I don't have to pay for it.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,072,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Can't refute that Romney was spot on, so you try and deflect.

Back in WWII we did not have as many soldiers in non combat support rolls either. Back in the old days we had a much higher ratio of infantry troops, as a percentage of total troops. With 400,000 soldiers, and all the high tech desk jockeys and technicians, we'd be lucky to field about 90,000 actual ground pounding, gun toting, infantrymen.
I already said that Romney was right.

I also said that a broken clock is right twice a day.

So a Republican candidate had a more hostile approach to Russia. Big deal. Republicans are hostile towards everyone. So it's no surprise that he predicted this.

Again, if you love wars and large defense budgets as much as Republicans do, you'll always make predictions like that.

Moreover, we need huge defense cuts. I don't know about pre WW2 level, but pre 9/11 levels is entirely reasonable. Then cut some more.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,447,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Back to Romney being right. If you watch the clip Obama was very arrogant and determined that he was right when he said Russia was not a problem. Obama was "wrong" again.
Russia is not a problem. If it upsets your sleep that they are "invading" Ukraine, that's a problem for you, but not everyone else.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,629,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah? Well his average wasn't quite good enough to win, was it?
Yea, the young, being naive, voted for cool. And it is hard to win against Santa.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,511,413 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;33715964]Again, broken clocks are right twice a day. Republicans always take a more belligerent stance on foreign policy because they love wars and large defense budgets.

Hell, if you let them talk long enough, they'll make a case why we should invade Canada.

So Romney being right is no great shakes. Any Conservative would say that stuff. Hell, Palin said the same thing and it's not because she's a genius.

Well if he knew that, why did he say it thereby insuring that a large amount of Americans wouldn't vote for him?

I mean, if he knew that he was setting himself up to lose by saying that stuff (as you're asserting), then he's dumber than i thought.

Okay. Well by that logic, why not have a 10 million man army?[/quote]

1.Romney was right more than TWICE

2. Last time I checked the army was volunteer

3. The sheep aint gonna vote for anyone who says get your butt up and work......

Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,629,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Russia is not a problem. If it upsets your sleep that they are "invading" Ukraine, that's a problem for you, but not everyone else.
Oh that is right. Liberals and democrats lie and don't keep their word.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
"If you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare"

We won't go in and I am glad but don't promise if you can't keep your promise.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:37 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,139,938 times
Quote:

I would've missed Thatcher's funeral too. If he would've went, would that have brought her back to life?

What this has to do with Mandela (outside of you getting a chance to take a gratuitous shot at an old black dude) escapes me.
If you can't grasp the simple fact that Britain has been our closest ally and that South Africa has never been an ally at all, I can't help you. It's not always about race you know.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,139,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Will it be a problem if Poland is next?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:39 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,198,451 times
Quote:
Again, broken clocks are right twice a day. Republicans always take a more belligerent stance on foreign policy because they love wars and large defense budgets.

Hell, if you let them talk long enough, they'll make a case why we should invade Canada.

So Romney being right is no great shakes. Any Conservative would say that stuff. Hell, Palin said the same thing and it's not because she's a genius.

Well if he knew that, why did he say it thereby insuring that a large amount of Americans wouldn't vote for him?

I mean, if he knew that he was setting himself up to lose by saying that stuff (as you're asserting), then he's dumber than i thought.

Okay. Well by that logic, why not have a 10 million man army?
If broken clocks are right twice a day then how do you explain the Obama clock not being right at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies