Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Soon videos like this will be a thing of the past.
Obama has a new program that will fix all that is wrong with these fragile youth.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:48 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
My comment had nothing to do with "states rights", my comment had to do with Ronnie Reagan using Philadelphia Mississippi as his location to make this speech.
So Ronald Reagan hurt your feelings with his choice of locations?

LOL

Black people clearly have a long way to go if their feelings are hurt that easily.

Perhaps he should have laid out his case in New York City, where riots took place over black people moving north to take white peoples jobs.

Your righteous indignation is ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Draft_Riots

Old 03-02-2014, 12:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
"Dog Whistle" addresses the issue and your tactic perfectly and "Dog Whistling" is an actual, universally recognized, right wing tactic used to promote racism. Stormfront survives on "Dog whistling". They never use the ever popular term "******" anymore. Anybody with a 14 in their internet handle is "Dog Whistling" to their peers and think nobody knows it.
There are two things going on here. One is you deciding to hammer people in the Ghetto by starting a thread showing selective videos and using identifiable tactics to promote racism and national division. Two, is the fact that there are problems in minority communities which need to be addressed with rational, reasonable, solutions instead of the simplistic bumper sticker sloganeering you advocate.
To distill your message to it's lowest common denominator you are basically saying, "Look at these miserable black leeches! they should all get a job and then everything would be fine."
You even call them "American Leeches" in the title of your thread so your agenda is very clear.
It appears you hang out on certain boards wayyyyy too much. You know things that others don't about racist handles and the like. Good for you. You seem way caught up in racism........like your hero orders you to do. I used to respect your posts...........not anymore.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears you hang out on certain boards wayyyyy too much. You know things that others don't about racist handles and the like. Good for you. You seem way caught up in racism........like your hero orders you to do. I used to respect your posts...........not anymore.
I turn over rocks and expose the truth behind the message.

Sorry my posts offend you, chief. Thought we could disagree and still maintain respect. Good to know where we stand in your eyes. Appreciate the heads up.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It is a problem to all Americans -- but white youth unemployment is significantly lower than it is for black youth.

You can take one look at this video and see all that strength and energy with no where positive to go -- 18, 19 year old boys can benefit enormously from jobs in housing construction and landscaping but take one look at that -- it's almost all illegals. When I looked at that video, I didn't exactly see thugs, thugs would have been using crowbars, bats, knives and guns. I just saw what happens to older teen boys when they don't have anything to do.
That is exactly what I saw. They weren't thugs, they were bored kids. What struck me even more than the fighting was the fact that there were others, very young kids, too, standing around laughing, thinking it was funny. It was the highlight of their day, and they'll be talking about it for weeks.

That's such a waste of a young kid's mind.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is exactly what I saw. They weren't thugs, they were bored kids. What struck me even more than the fighting was the fact that there were others, very young kids, too, standing around laughing, thinking it was funny. It was the highlight of their day, and they'll be talking about it for weeks.

That's such a waste of a young kid's mind.
Exactly right. And that is how the revolving door keeps turning, turning, and turning. Next thing you know, an entire generation of a single family is on the government dole, uneducated, in jail, and/or churning out other worthless members of society.

But yet we're racists for pointing it out. Don't believe me? Just ask Mohawk.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Sorry my posts offend you, chief. Thought we could disagree and still maintain respect. Good to know where we stand in your eyes. Appreciate the heads up.
You haven't exposed anything. All you've done is hide behind the term "dog whistle" as some sort of Off Broadway attempt to call me a racist.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You haven't exposed anything. All you've done is hide behind the term "dog whistle" as some sort of Off Broadway attempt to call me a racist.
Oh I don't know about that. I'm not hiding behind anything. I'm in your face, calling it the way I see it, and drawing my conclusions based on your current and historical posts.
Frankly, I don't think you've ever even heard the term dog whistle before today, even though it's a very common description of right wing racism.

Does calling a race of people "worthless members of society" qualify as racist? You just did, two posts up the line.
Dog whistling isn't something I made up. It is an actual recognized practice used by racists and this thread meets all the criteria.
You call the subject of your thread, which are black people in ghettos, "Leeches and worthless members of society" and then put up a cherry picked video of them fighting. I suppose you think you're acting as a peacemaker and uniter.
It looks like a duck. It quacks like a duck. It walks like a duck. And it sure smells like a duck.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:

Didn't offend me in the least. Hell you would have to go a long way to offend me. You seem to be going off the deep end in pushing the racism thing..........I hope I am wrong..........I may be.....you seem like a guy I'd sit down and have a beer with...........but that last post was just out there if you know what I mean. I will digress............like I said.....beer one of these days? I will buy the first round.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Oh I don't know about that. I'm not hiding behind anything. I'm in your face, calling it the way I see it, and drawing my conclusions based on your current and historical posts.
Frankly, I don't think you've ever even heard the term dog whistle before today, even though it's a very common description of right wing racism.

Does calling a race of people "worthless members of society" qualify as racist? You just did, two posts up the line.
Dog whistling isn't something I made up. It is an actual recognized practice used by racists and this thread meets all the criteria.
You call the subject of your thread, which are black people in ghettos, "Leeches and worthless members of society" and then put up a cherry picked video of them fighting. I suppose you think you're acting as a peacemaker and uniter.
It looks like a duck. It quacks like a duck. It walks like a duck. And it sure smells like a duck.
In other words, your feelings are hurt.

Again, I could care less if my choice of words makes you uncomfortable.

I challenge you to show me how the ghetto culture provides anything BUT a drag on society.

Emotions don't cut it. I want to hear why you think I'm wrong in my assertions.

I don't think you can do it without calling me a racist. It's not in the liberal ideological DNA to be able to own up to their own disastrous ideology. You simply cannot do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies