Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,611,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not everyone thinks Obama is "The One" like you do. Get over it. As for calling him "boy king" it fits. He doesn't operate in reality (like a little boy wearing rose color glasses) and he certainly isn't tough enough to deal with a KGB Kernel. So much for the "RESET BUTTON".

Obama thinks he is king. It's a fitting name. Obamas got a pen and a phone.
You're putting thoughts in my head I don't have. I've never felt Obama was the one. I just thought that he was light years better than the best the republican party could field over two election cycles and the majority of the voting public agreed with me. Frankly I was always worried about the lack of experience a freshman senator would bring to the white house and he has proven my reticence to be well founded in some matters.
I edited the term "Boy king" out of my post, on advice from PKnopp, as it was inappropriate to the conversation and considered racist by none other than a right wing conservative. I agreed and removed it. I suggest you do the same to maintain relevance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 PM

12,241 posts, read 6,402,551 times
What did Russia do when we goose stepped into Iraq? Nothing. That`s what we need to do.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:04 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,686,229 times
O has turned into quite a Hawk recently and is not giving Israel an ultimatum....not that they care either what he says.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:04 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,892,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It wasn't a rant. It was one word, ever popular with the right wing Obama haters.
but you are right. I shouldn't have quoted you and used the term. I'll edit the post to remove the offending term. You have my apologies.
It's good to see that that terminology gets up your nose just as much as it gets up mine.
Consider yourself bitten.
Thank you.

Now we can continue. You'll see earlier where I complained about Rubio's stupid statement's also. There is nothing Obama can do and have it turn out good. Some of it is his fault, much of it isn't. It's clear that Putin has zero respect for him. Is there anyone alive Putin would have respect for? I don't know, maybe not.

China is backing Russia. We can not go to war with China/Russia. That's something we simply have to accept. The world can't go to war with China/Russia. Could they economically harm them? It's certainly possible but the world is never going to come together to do that.

To your point. Is there far too many hypocrite's where it comes to politics? Indeed there is. Obama is in over his head and we all have to be concerned that he doesn't do something stupid to save face. Will many admit that? No.

George Bush's failed wars did a lot of harm to our country in the eyes of the world. Will many admit that? No.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,397,049 times
The right mocks Obama but offers no solutions or paths forward.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM

12,241 posts, read 6,402,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yup. A lot of tough talk from keyboard commandos.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,611,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Thank you.

Now we can continue. You'll see earlier where I complained about Rubio's stupid statement's also. There is nothing Obama can do and have it turn out good. Some of it is his fault, much of it isn't. It's clear that Putin has zero respect for him. Is there anyone alive Putin would have respect for? I don't know, maybe not.

China is backing Russia. We can not go to war with China/Russia. That's something we simply have to accept. The world can't go to war with China/Russia. Could they economically harm them? It's certainly possible but the world is never going to come together to do that.

To your point. Is there far too many hypocrite's where it comes to politics? Indeed there is. Obama is in over his head and we all have to be concerned that he doesn't do something stupid to save face. Will many admit that? No.

George Bush's failed wars did a lot of harm to our country in the eyes of the world. Will many admit that? No.

"There is nothing Obama can do and have it turn out good."

I agree. Russia, under the direction of Putin, acted so swiftly and completely that the deed was done before anybody from the west had time to react. There is also nothing the West, the UN, or the EU can do that will turn out good, either.

One fact that is inescapable is, Russia will not give up the Ukraine to the west. No more than the US would give up Texas or Saudi Arabia would give up Bahrain. The Ukraine has a very divergent political population and is stone broke, bankrupt. Every dime either Russia or the west has given it has been squandered and plundered by the corrupt leaders.
If you scratch the surface, the new, temporary leaders of Ukraine are not the ideological saints the west would like to believe. The acting leader was involved with extortion and pilfering the treasury some years ago and some of the fringe leaders are right wing Jew haters.
Frankly, I don't know why the EU would even consider Ukraine for membership. they have enough problems of their own already.
I say let Russian have it, let Russia pay for it, and let Russia try to run it. In the end Ukraine will be like the daughter to the Russian father who runs up a 1000.00 cell phone bill every month playing candy crush.

Last edited by mohawkx; 03-03-2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 12:24 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,580,882 times
Quote:
You're putting thoughts in my head I don't have. I've never felt Obama was the one. I just thought that he was light years better than the best the republican party could field over two election cycles and the majority of the voting public agreed with me. Frankly I was always worried about the lack of experience a freshman senator would bring to the white house and he has proven my reticence to be well founded in some matters.
I edited the term "Boy king" out of my post, on advice from PKnopp, as it was inappropriate to the conversation and considered racist by none other than a right wing conservative. I agreed and removed it. I suggest you do the same to maintain relevance.
I posted my perception of what boy king means and it isn't racist and I can't stop people from reading racism into anything that is said. I'd say the same of a white president who acted the same way.

As for calling him "boy king" it fits. He doesn't operate in reality (like a little boy wearing rose color glasses) and he certainly isn't tough enough to deal with a KGB Kernel. So much for the "RESET BUTTON".

Obama thinks he is king. It's a fitting name. Obamas got a pen and a phone.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,960,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Mean while Putin draws a red line in the sand and is backing up on his word unlike our president. The former ex Soviet era KGB agent sees Obama the community organizer as weak. Putin sees right through him. He has tested the waters when it came to Georgia, Syria and Ukraine. Yet we did nothing (under republican and democrat). This sends a wrong message to our enemies that it's okay to invade a country because we won't do anything. Keep in mind other countries are watching as Putin is putting the Soviet Union back together and we are just making meaningless speeches. If Russia takes Ukraine I wouldn't be surprised if China moves into Taiwan because we did nothing. It's more about imagery and less about substance so far. Right now Obama is the president not a republican and it's under his watch. He owns it.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,892,008 times
Quote:
As a right wing conservative I would be arguing to go toe to toe with Putin.

But in the end it sounds like we come close to believing the same thing. The reason we get failed leaders is because the only viable alternative is no better. I didn't vote for Obama over your concerns but McCain scared the hell out of me and I certainly couldn't vote for him either.

The idea that we have to vote (R) or (D) is something that has to change. I don't blame anyone for voting for Obama the first time. I have problems with those who voted for him the second time but I have voted for the lesser of two evils in the past. No more, I've learned that the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Romney argued over Obama's move to pull troops out of Iraq. How could I vote for someone that would argue that we should continue with the same failed policies of the past there?

Obama can't win here. As I said, some of it his fault and some of it is the fault of the past administration. People are not going to support any war with anyone right now that doesn't directly attack us. We saw that with Syria. Putin knows that. Much of the reason the country wont is because of the failures in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies