Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:22 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
I Obama were president instead of Reagan then the USSR would still be around today. It was Reagan who increased our military size not reduce it.
Yes. On the other hand USSR had a very liberal leader Gorbachev, which contributed to their collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,977,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Yes. On the other hand USSR had a very liberal leader Gorbachev, which contributed to their collapse.
When will Putin's term be up?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:28 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What is your solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Step down & let someone else lead.
Once you've lost your credibility and make nothing but empty threats there is not much our leader can do.

He's no longer a major player in leadership and a player in world politics. There is no solution until we elect a new leader.

Our community organizer is in way over his head.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,163,204 times
I can't really comment on Obama's domestic policy as I am not American but I am aware there is a lot of criticism in areas such as his heath care policy, in terms of the Obama administrations foreign policy seems to be based on what's been coined as the Asian Pivot and he has gone out of his way to snub a lot of traditional allies, most notable Britain.

Barack Obama treats Britain with sneering contempt. No wonder he worships the EU – Telegraph Blogs

Barack Obama’s top ten insults against Britain - 2010 edition

President Obama’s top ten insults against Britain – 2011 edition

Barack Obama’s top ten insults against Britain – 2012 edition

Barack Obama’s top ten insults against Britain – 2013 edition

Barack Obama's rank hypocrisy over his shameful snubbing of Lady Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

Tale of British brutality toward Barack Obama's grandfather probably untrue, book claims - Telegraph

Obama's grandfather tortured by the British? A fantasy (like most of the President’s own memoir)|Mail Online

Like a lot of other people in Britain I was actually pleased when the House of Commons voted against supporting action in Syria, as the current US Obama Administration are the most ungrateful I have ever come across, and treat the UK with sneering contempt whilst our troops fight in Afghanistan and fought in Iraq previously to that. Obama's Secretary of State John Kerry went on to heap praise on the French calling them Americas Oldest and Greatest Ally even though they had done little to support the US War on Terror in wither Iraq or Afghanistan and certainly weren't taking the casualties Britain forces were in Helmand province. Meanwhile as Britain fought by Americas side in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Obama regime cosied up to Cristina Fernández de Kirchner's Argentina, and her demands in relation to the Falkland Islands, a British protectorate.

Most American people are very nice and I have no problem with them, but Obama's administration has made a habit of siding against Britain and even telling us how to run our affairs.

The Obama Administration even snubbed Thatchers funeral, a leader who went out of her way for the US. Indeed when the US wanted to bomb Libya following the killing of US Servicemen in the Berlin Disco Bombing, it was Thatcher who let the USAF use British bases, although the US Planes had to fly around France and Spain which they weren't allowed to enter, and therefore went via the Bay of Biscay and through the Straits of Gibraltar and across the Mediterranean to Libya, before launching their bombs and returning via the same route.

Thatcher may have been many things but she was a very good friend to the US under her friends Ronald Reagan's leadership, and the Obama Administrations snubbing of her funeral felt very wrong indeed.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 15 | 1986: US launches air strikes on Libya

Last edited by Bamford; 03-04-2014 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,256 times
I wonder what the Russians are going to charge to bring our Astronauts back?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
I can't really comment on Obama's domestic policy as I am not American, however his foreign policy seems to be based on what's been coined as the Asian Pivot and he has gone out of his way to snub a lot of traditional allies, most notable Britain.

Barack Obama treats Britain with sneering contempt. No wonder he worships the EU – Telegraph Blogs

Barack Obama’s top ten insults against Britain - 2010 edition

President Obama’s top ten insults against Britain – 2011 edition

Barack Obama’s top ten insults against Britain – 2012 edition

Barack Obama’s top ten insults against Britain – 2013 edition

Barack Obama's rank hypocrisy over his shameful snubbing of Lady Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

Tale of British brutality toward Barack Obama's grandfather probably untrue, book claims - Telegraph

Obama's grandfather tortured by the British? A fantasy (like most of the President’s own memoir)|Mail Online

Like a lot of other people in Britain I was actually pleased when the House of Commons voted against supporting action in Syria, as the current US Obama Administration are the most ungrateful I have ever come across, and treat the UK with sneering contempt whilst our troops fight in Afghanistan and fought in Iraq previously to that.

Most American people are very nice and I have no problem with them, but Obama's administration has made a habit of siding against Britain and even telling us how to run our affairs.

The Obama Administration even snubbed Thatchers funeral, a leader who went out of her way for the US. Indeed when the US wanted to bomb Libya following the killing of US Servicemen in the Berlin Disco Bombing, it was Thatcher who let the USAF use British bases, although the US Planes had to fly around France and Spain which they weren't allowed to enter, and therefore went via the Bay of Biscay and through the Straits of Gibraltar and across the Mediterranean to Libya, before launching their bombs and returning via the same route.

Thatcher may have been many things but she was a very good friend to the US under her friends Ronald Reagan's leadership, and the Obama Administrations snubbing of her funeral felt very wrong indeed.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 15 | 1986: US launches air strikes on Libya

Yes, I could not agree more that Obama has been a poor "international relations" president.

Sadly, though, this is what happens when you elect a dishwasher to do a surgeon's job. Obama simply is too unpolished to be a leader on the world stage. As a 18th generation American, I'm embarrassed by his performance. His sycophants want to believe he is a cultural elite, but his performance screams "hayseed".

Based on his childhood and early adolescent development, nothing about Barack Obama says "accomplished leader". And wow, are we finding that to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies