Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why not blame Bush for all the global unrest in every country ?
The opposing party can be counted on to make the most of every opportunity to blame the sitting president for everything, especially during a critical re-election year. That Obama is the first president to preside in the Super Pac era and robust internet/social media environment, the fangs are more apparent than in the past.

Regardless of partisanship, those without a better plan and not in the hot seat, blame.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 AM

392 posts, read 352,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So something I don't quite get...many (not all) conservatives were vehemently opposed to Obama intervening in Libya and his proposal to do the same in Syria. Now, if this forum is indicative, many are outraged over Russia in Ukraine and Obama's response or lack of. What is the difference in their minds between the two? Or is this just yet another example of them supporting the exact opposite of what Obama is doing for no particularly good reason?
What involvement in Syria? The world should have become involved prior to the destruction and death...no one got involved till it was to far gone to help. Libya? What a joke...indirect assassination of their leader and then what? Nothing! American "intervention" just causes chaos.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Yeah, sure. Bush had 90% approval ratings and near universal support for military intervention in Afghanistan.
Obama said that raising the debt ceiling was a clear example of a failure in leadership.....he then has argued along with much of the left for a continued raising of the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Right-wingers are automatically reflexively opposed of anything our president does. It has been this way since DAY One. They don't even know why.
Obama then explained that his position under Bush was purely political, not his actual beliefs.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:16 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Clinton and Bush both had bad Ukrainian policies IMO, but there's no reason to lay blame because as far as I'm concerned it's not a crisis. It's a dispute between one bunch of thugs and another in a very remote part of the globe, of which we need to steer clear.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course you didn't. If it involves slobbering over Barack Obama, and a hatred of George W. Bush, you're on the rope line with your "Down With Bush, Up With Obama!" foam finger ready wagging in the air and clamoring to sign the latest Obama For Prez 2016 petition.

Trust me when I say none of us are surprised that you 1) Watch Maddow, and 2) Don't disagree with her.
Sorry to disappoint.....I have no ax to grind with any prior president.

I watched the clip within the link and avoid all prime time cable news.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
How else are people suppose to interpret the incessant rage and complaints from the right over what Obama is or isn't doing? All I see here is Obama isn't doing anything, all Obama is doing is talking, Obama is weak, etc.
He's not doing nothing, he draws feckless, rhetorical lines in the sand, which he never backs up. Oh, and he makes the occasional harrumph. If only Obama would treat our enemies and aggressor nations as if they were Tea party conservatives.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
He's not doing nothing, he draws feckless, rhetorical lines in the sand, which he never backs up. Oh, and he makes the occasional harrumph. If only Obama would treat our enemies and aggressor nations as if they were Tea party conservatives.
So then you think he should back up his talk with force? Otherwise why do you care what he says?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times
Quote:
So then you think he should back up his talk with force? Otherwise why do you care what he says?
No! He simply should have not rattled the sword, if he intended to do nothing, which I agree with.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:48 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Yeah, blame Bush, now our problems will be solved.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:49 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
No! He simply should have not rattled the sword, if he intended to do nothing, which I agree with.
So in that vain, Bush shouldn't have called Iran and North Korea an axis of evil since he wasn't going to do anything. Do you think a person should only speak if they are willing to use force? That's pretty foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies