Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:51 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
How tolerant of you

maybe you do beat the bozo who thinks people will become electronics engineers just to burn tobacco in a vaping unit.
I just saw today a vaporizer designed specifically to to just this, has a plug of tobacco, you push a button, it "vaporizes" it and you get a cloud of smoke. Or at least it claims to, perhaps if someone were to know of this item as well and know exactly what it does, it could be clarified. However at face value, it claims to vaporize tobacco.

Personally if it does do that, I would have to ask... why the hell not just light up. But that's me, I figure if its real tobacco, then its real smoke, which means its probably expensive as hell BS that just makes you look fancy. Just have a smoke if you're going that route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 08:59 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Towns and counties in nj are starting to ban all public smoking. I noticed the latest ban included these things. I don't see an issue with them as long as they only produce water vapor.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:10 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Towns and counties in nj are starting to ban all public smoking. I noticed the latest ban included these things. I don't see an issue with them as long as they only produce water vapor.
But the problem is that A. they don't only produce water vapor and B. As Severs described above, the ability to actually smoke tobacco in the guise of an ecig is a reality.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
As long as you don't attempt to collect the water vapor for your own use.

It belongs to everyone.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:35 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
L.A. bans e-cigarettes in parks, restaurants and workplaces - latimes.com

Los Angeles has now decided to treat e-cigarettes the same as cigarettes in so far as where smoking them is allowed. Several other cities, and even five entire states, have done the same. What are your thoughts on this? E-cigarettes only emit water vapor.
Total bull**** and stupidity at its finest. But they like their control, so any excuse to find something else to monitor.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
But the problem is that A. they don't only produce water vapor and B. As Severs described above, the ability to actually smoke tobacco in the guise of an ecig is a reality.
The real ecigs, as long as you know whats going into them, and can trust the sources, don't produce anything more harmful than water vapor. I have been making my own ejuice for about 2 weeks now and all that goes into it are the flavorings, which are edible, vegetable glycerin, again edible it is used for sweeting meds and other items, and propylene glycol, which is used for some meds. This doesn't include the nicotine that most people use, but nicotine in and of itself isn't the major harmful part of a cig, its all the rest of the rat poison, extra tar, arsenic, ect ect.

I did look that actual tobacco one up and it claims that it is not smoke, that its just the vapor of the nicotine and flavors. But it is coming off tobacco, and I'm not sure how exactly you could have hot coils heating a tobacco leaf, and not have it burn the tobacco at all. So again I would have to say this is kinda a BS thing that just makes you look fancy. Just light a smoke if you want to vaporize real tobacco.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 PM

16 posts, read 13,359 times
I've tried the disposable ones you get in the gas station and I didn't enjoy them. Too 'chemically' and they dry the throat. My husband and I got the higher end ones with refillable oil and I was able to quit after just a couple days. It's great! I can understand not wanting it indoors, anti-smokers would be having coronaries left and right from the attack on their sensibilities. However, it seems to be over-kill to ban them in parks and on the beach! The whole argument for no smoking on the beach is the butts. There's constant wind. What's the problem?

People should beware of the pits they dig for others.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
L.A. bans e-cigarettes in parks, restaurants and workplaces - latimes.com

Los Angeles has now decided to treat e-cigarettes the same as cigarettes in so far as where smoking them is allowed. Several other cities, and even five entire states, have done the same. What are your thoughts on this? E-cigarettes only emit water vapor.
This only proves how our politicians are ignorant, and couldn't care less about the facts. They've banned steam because it imitates smoke. Next it'll be the smell of a bakery... oh wait, Moonbeam Brown had that banned 35 years ago.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,211 times
Considering I am against smoking bans generally I am going to have to say no.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT ISN'T!

In another similar thread, someone actually claimed the people would configure their e-cigs to burn tobacco. First, it's impossible. Secondly, do we have to fear all possibilities so we ban all possibilities based on that fear?

A person might intentionally run someone down in their car, so all driving should be banned.

You might catch a cold if someone sneezes in public, so from this day forwards sneezing is a fineable offense!

Frak... step back, take a chill pill, and really give some thought to the amount of illogical BS masquerading as smart in this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies