Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times

Advertisements

Those e-cigs give second hand vapor damage..... You heard it hear first. It sounds stupid? But let some guy who claims to be A scientist say it, and the people will believe it. And then it will be banned. All that is needed is a good propaganda campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
To me smoking ban means smoking ban.. regardless of what it is.....

Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
To me smoking ban means smoking ban.. regardless of what it is.....
Do you not know the difference between smoke and vapor? Vaping is NOT smoking.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:22 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
...the same way caffeine is regulated since both nicotine and caffeine are similarly addictive.
Being a coffee drinker and a smoker I'd have to disagree, the nicotine is far more addictive.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:27 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Being a coffee drinker and a smoker I'd have to disagree, the nicotine is far more addictive.
I'll agree with that in spades....

Old 03-05-2014, 11:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
It will mean fewer people will quit smoking, and many ex-smokers will start smoking again.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:48 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I make this stuff myself...I know exactly what goes in it. There's nothing magical about it. It's four ingredients:

Food-grade Propylene Glycol (carries flavor)
Food-grade Vegetable Glycerine (makes vapor)
Liquid Nicotine in a PG carrier
Made in USA, specialized flavorings specifically designed to be vaped (no diacetyl, triacetin, acetoin or acetyl propionyl)

That's it.
Well, on behalf of non-smokers everywhere, thank you for not putting anything too dangerous in there. But Propylene Glycol for instance, is being linked to an increase in respiratory disorders and seasonal allergies. But just because you only put stuff generally recognized as safe in your cigs, doesn't mean everyone else will.
Quote:
Some vendors do use flavorings containing diacetyl, triacetin, acetoin, or acetyl propionyl but these are primarily of concern to the person inhaling them. Many perfumes also contain these ingredients, by the way. And so does a lot of microwave popcorn. If they are going to be in ejuice, they are almost always found in custard and/or butter-flavored juice. You can, however, make these flavors without those chemicals. It's just more expensive.

So if you eat microwave popcorn (or movie popcorn) or wear cologne/perfume or use scented personal care products of any kind...or even burning scented candles...you are probably inhaling those chemicals anyway. So....stop with the "toxins" BS.
I can choose whether to expose myself to virtually all of those. Some minor exposure may occur in public being near a perfume wearer, but that's really it out of those examples, and I doubt it's nearly as concentrated as the ones in ecigs, particularly if the person puffing away is close by. Ecigs aren't necessary for society to function, and it is unreasonable to force people to who do not wish so, to breathe in the vapors REGARDLESS of their toxicity.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Well, on behalf of non-smokers everywhere, thank you for not putting anything too dangerous in there. But Propylene Glycol for instance, is being linked to an increase in respiratory disorders and seasonal allergies. But just because you only put stuff generally recognized as safe in your cigs, doesn't mean everyone else will.

I can choose whether to expose myself to virtually all of those. Some minor exposure may occur in public being near a perfume wearer, but that's really it out of those examples, and I doubt it's nearly as concentrated as the ones in ecigs, particularly if the person puffing away is close by. Ecigs aren't necessary for society to function, and it is unreasonable to force people to who do not wish so, to breathe in the vapors REGARDLESS of their toxicity.

Then walk away!

You have that choice. Every year it's something else - use plastic bags - save the trees - now don't use plastic bags - their harmful to the ecology. Don't drink coffee - became the benefits of coffee. I am sure you subject your body to many more toxins known and unknown day in and day out.

What I don't want is more gov't control -in 30 years - they've turned a hard working, intelligent American society into sniveling, dependent, less intelligent and more needy demanding masses.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:38 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Fine, ignore the nicotine, that still leaves other chemicals.
Do you actually know anything at all about an electronic cigarette and what actual contents are in the cartridge?

Seriously, you cannot "catch" anything from non nicotine water vapor, can you understand this on any level?
The low fat, no fat, articifical color, flavor and sweetners so many eat and are so proud of because they are "so healthy" are poisoning themselves with all the artificial all chemical crap than I ever will being a smoker or an electronic cigarette user.
Before you condemn everyone who does something that you think is not good for you..........sweep out your own pantry first and find out all the facts about water vapor, then we'll chat, maybe.

Listening to someone who is completely clueless about a topic is not necessary for society to function either and it is unreasonable to expect others who do know the facts to be exposed to it and have to endure reading about it or listening to the uninformed. Unfortunately there is no way to stop the uninformed from being uninformed because they generally know absolutely everything about everything that really has no affect on their own lives and refuse to believe that there are actual proven facts because those facts go against all the "do gooders bad for you" propaganda.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,163,204 times
Car emissions and emissions from power stations, chemical plants and factories produce more dangerous risks to the average human than a life time of being exposed to water vapours from e-cigarettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies