Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Let's tackle that problem then. I don't like the school/food connection anyway.
Big bro food contracts. I believe I posted an article earlier in this thread that showed the "big three" who contract with all the school systems. So it doesn't matter if you buy the lunch or not.........the same amount will be cooked in case you do......and the rest tossed into the trash bucket. This "health" nonsense is causing more to be tossed in the bucket as kids just don't want to eat it. I think the folks who don't have kids are the ones adamant about all this nonsense. If you have kids you know even at home they don't want to eat the veggies or the "healthy" stuff. Hell I didn't either when I was a kid. It just doesn't taste as good. Just take your flinstone vitamins and get out and be a kid and all is well. You ever see a fat skateboard punk? No.......they are punks.......but they get out and do something other than playing xbox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 03:01 PM

395 posts, read 545,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Where are you getting the 8oz of meat per week.

Here is the link that details the changes to the school lunch program: [url="http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-01-26/pdf/2012-1010.pdf"]Nutritional Standards
No. I got my K-5 data from the nslp plan, which represents a 20% decline in protein from the same agency in 2008.

Your children are so fortunate to have a mother who can cook their breakfast lunch and dinner full of fruit and protein and vegetables. Many children who might appear plump are malnourished because they don't have that.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:02 PM

395 posts, read 545,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Big bro food contracts. I believe I posted an article earlier in this thread that showed the "big three" who contract with all the school systems. So it doesn't matter if you buy the lunch or not.........the same amount will be cooked in case you do......and the rest tossed into the trash bucket. This "health" nonsense is causing more to be tossed in the bucket as kids just don't want to eat it. I think the folks who don't have kids are the ones adamant about all this nonsense. If you have kids you know even at home they don't want to eat the veggies or the "healthy" stuff. Hell I didn't either when I was a kid. It just doesn't taste as good. Just take your flinstone vitamins and get out and be a kid and all is well. You ever see a fat skateboard punk? No.......they are punks.......but they get out and do something other than playing xbox.
Wow. I saw lunches from a middle school recently.....soooo disgusting. I wouldn't feed that to my dog.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:22 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
So when they "grow up" I think they can figure that out on their own. I did. I guess you didn't? Not a shock. I and they don't need the government to figure it out. Just amazing how lost you folks are. Yes it is a way to to..........for Dad. Problem with you folks is you think big bro has to dictate how you live your life. Others don't so leave us alone.
Excellent attempt at diverting away from your complete failure to teach your children healthy eating habits.

The government shouldn't have to teach them, and they shouldn't have to "figure it out". That was your job, and you failed at it.

Wondering what else you've left your poor kids to "figure out" on their own…

Old 03-14-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Excellent attempt at diverting away from your complete failure to teach your children healthy eating habits.

The government shouldn't have to teach them, and they shouldn't have to "figure it out". That was your job, and you failed at it.

Wondering what else you've left your poor kids to "figure out" on their own…
They are kids. I let them eat crap sometimes and then some days I cook a nice meal. Don't tell me how to raise my kids. Like I said prior they all play sports and are in great shape I don't let em sit around on the xbox all day long like may do. Xbox is the new babysitter for many.

I doubt you even have kids and that is a good thing.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-17-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
Wow. I saw lunches from a middle school recently.....soooo disgusting. I wouldn't feed that to my dog.
It aint pretty. Mine a few years back wanted to start bringing a PBJ so they didn't have to eat that slop. Every morning now I'm up making turkey sammiches and a bag of chips for em. I tried sending fruit but they throw it away. According to some that is just horrible.....lol. Thing is that is why school's are throwing so much away now..........you can't make kids eat what they don't want.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:41 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
I've explained the problem more than once on this thread. The school will still continue to make the same amount of food that will be thrown in the trash can.
Then your problem is with the school, not Michelle Obama. Take it up with your school district.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:44 PM

Oh yes what a simple concept. The same school district that raises taxes "for the children" then builds a football stadium with the money? LOL. You go try and take anything up with the "school district" and you go through ten folks to get to the person you need to talk to a month later and forget what you were mad about to begin with. And folks wonder why schools have no money.........or so they say.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Please look up the actual guidelines for the new food program.

There was no "drastic drop" in protein. The only changes that were made as a result of this "overhaul" was the requirement that kids have a specific portion of their lunch be "vegetables" instead of "fruit and vegetables." There is still a section for fruit as well. Also caloric intake was set on a specific scale by age/grade.

And once again - districts decide the actual food they will serve, sometimes individual schools. If you are concerned about any dietary needs of underprivileged children and their school lunches, speak to your school board.
Do you remember vegetables in school, did you ever want seconds?

If the First Lady has the "Let's Move" program wonder why less P.E.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/11/ed...pagewanted=all

But even as virtually every state has undertaken significant school reforms, many American students are being granted little or no time in the gym.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:27 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you remember vegetables in school, did you ever want seconds?

If the First Lady has the "Let's Move" program wonder why less P.E.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/11/ed...pagewanted=all

But even as virtually every state has undertaken significant school reforms, many American students are being granted little or no time in the gym.
That's another urban legend. PE is still a part of the curriculum in my district, from K-12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies