Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:12 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A strong business climate requires confidence in it's leadership.

We sadly lack that and we are not going to see a major gain until we fire the CEO.
Anyone who feels that way clearly hasn't been trading for the last several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
anyone else notice the leftist theme here?

They suck anyway...why are they still around...blah blah blah....

Sounds just like the "junk" insurance plans.....
bingo!

Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
I actually didn't know there were Radio Shacks anymore, the last one I was in was probably 5 years ago and it looked like it was about to shut down then. And I didn't like the guy telling me I needed to give him all my home address, phone number, and email just to buy a pack of batteries. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's his economy. A rising tide lifts all boats, right? Where's the tide? That's the question that Barack needs to answer.
Unions peaked in the 50's.

Real wages have remained the same since 1973.

Retail and food services have been the largest employment sectors since the mid 80's.

Walmart replaced IBM as the largest private sector employer in 1989.

Globalization and technology have eliminated 10 of millions of jobs over the past 40 years..

There has never been a serious effort to crack down on employment of undocumented workers.

72% of small businesses have no employees and 52% of them are operated from home and none of them are innovators/job creators.

The population is aging and programs are seriously underfunded.

The developed world has been on a continuous decline for decades, except for bubbles.

No president or Congress is going to make it all better.

Last I checked, the constitution did not guarantee the U.S. people the right to enjoy a higher standard of living than the rest of the world. That we did for awhile, is a blip in time.

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
Switching gears, what about having Americans work in the fields. People think they are too good for this kind of work, but shoot here in California, there are hundreds of thousands jobs working in the fields. But nope, not a single non-immigrant working there. So everyone complains about the lack of jobs... is there really a lack of jobs or just an abundance of pride to stop people from taking less than desirable jobs?
How much do these "jobs in the fields" pay and how much is deducted for room and board etc....?

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I actually didn't know there were Radio Shacks anymore, the last one I was in was probably 5 years ago and it looked like it was about to shut down then. And I didn't like the guy telling me I needed to give him all my home address, phone number, and email just to buy a pack of batteries. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere.
You can't be serious. There are Radio Shacks everywhere, and you didn't know they still exist? If these general observations are lacking, how and why should we trust your observations on people and politics? Talk about out of the loop! Geez.

FYI. Wal-mart is still in business too!

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Anyone who feels that way clearly hasn't been trading for the last several years.
Where else can the average Joe put his money today ?

Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Where else can the average Joe put his money today ?
Apologies if I misunderstood.
When you spoke to the confidence in leadership, I assumed you meant the 'larger' markets with Obama as CEO whereas you may have been speaking directly to the CEO of RSH.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You can't be serious. There are Radio Shacks everywhere, and you didn't know they still exist? If these general observations are lacking, how and why should we trust your observations on people and politics? Talk about out of the loop! Geez.

FYI. Wal-mart is still in business too!
When was the last time you were in Radio Shack? I couldn't even tell you where the nearest one is and why would I want to go there when I can get everything I need from other place, including online. Just because a store exists doesn't mean I must shop there to keep it alive.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:25 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
The facts are there are just too many people in the world and with technology constantly becoming more efficient and eliminating jobs, there are simply not enough jobs to go around. The only way this country gains jobs is if we stop purchasing our goods from Asia and start producing them here at higher cost. This alone would create millions of jobs.. just everything we buy would be a lot more expensive.

Switching gears, what about having Americans work in the fields. People think they are too good for this kind of work, but shoot here in California, there are hundreds of thousands jobs working in the fields. But nope, not a single non-immigrant working there. So everyone complains about the lack of jobs... is there really a lack of jobs or just an abundance of pride to stop people from taking less than desirable jobs?
I'd be damned before I worked for minimum wage picking crops out in the hot sun. If we start talking 15.00 an hour then maybe. Anything less than that and my head will be turned. Farmers in America will pay illegals less than minimum wage to do that job. Who do you think they want to hire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies