Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 09:18 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Sorry, but you can't be.
Sums up the nonsensical replies from the right-wingers beautifully.

Supply-side economics is a colossal failure, unless you want the uber-rich to get even richer (which is basically what the GOP lives and breathes for), in which case it is a great success. The numbers do not lie.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I like how after 108 posts, many of them by right-wingers, not a single defense of supply-side economics offered up. Lots of deflection, lots of trying to change the subject, lots of hand-wringing about the horrid plight of the wealthy, but that's about it.
It doesn't need a defense. The fact that the rest of the world has been adopting it since the 80's stands tall enough to smack any of the idiots down who think otherwise.

Maybe you'd like a one-trip to North Korea or something. That will be my trickle-down donation to you.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:22 PM

259 posts, read 151,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You remember when computer first came out? They were hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, and most of the public couldn't afford to have one and if they could they only had one. Now you see children with iPhones and families have a computer for each person and there's a TV in every room. You think that's just a coincidence?
And you think computers got cheaper because production lines moved to China?
I love it when people make bold statements about things they have no clue about.

Quote:
Your last statement is not mutually exclusive to the first. You want to tell me how someone in Sri Lanka can
You get it? The American dream wasn't just an American thing, it's what everyone wants. It's just now they no longer have to come to America to get it. If you had good intentions you would be happy for them and you would be trying to figure out how to move the US economy into its 5th stage, something unprecedented in world history. Instead, you're trying to figure out how to move the rest of the world back into some pre-agrarian society so they can continue to be slaves in slave-states subservient to Americans.
Sure. Children making $100 nikes in Vietnam are surely living the American dream...

Old 03-06-2014, 09:25 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
It doesn't need a defense.
In other words, you can't defend it, so you'll offer up transparent bravado instead.

Quote:
The fact that the rest of the world has been adopting it since the 80's stands tall enough to smack any of the idiots down who think otherwise.
1. That's a weak argument

2. That's debatable

3. It doesn't prove whether it's a good policy for our country or not.

Quote:
Maybe you'd like a one-trip to North Korea or something. That will be my trickle-down donation to you.
Ah yes, one of my favorite tropes from right-wingers who act like 14 year old boys. It's either your way, or it's some sort of totalitarian dictatorship communism, right?

lol

You're weak.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
In other words, you can't defend it, so you'll offer up transparent bravado instead.

1. That's a weak argument

2. That's debatable

3. It doesn't prove whether it's a good policy for our country or not.

Ah yes, one of my favorite tropes from right-wingers who act like 14 year old boys. It's either your way, or it's some sort of totalitarian dictatorship communism, right?

lol

You're weak.
Hilarious. Maybe instead a trip to Germany or Sweden where successful capitalism has a humanitarian side.
Yes, it CAN be done.

As a true liberal I will defend capitalism till I die, but I will also oppose treating human beings as dispensable assets.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
And you think computers got cheaper because production lines moved to China?
I love it when people make bold statements about things they have no clue about.
No clue, huh? I worked for the largest PCB mfg. in the world before they got bought out and mfg. got completely moved overseas. The only thing left is the engineering side of it.

What were you saying about not having a clue?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:33 PM

I don't really care where you or we're not working. If you think computers got cheaper because their production moved to China you are clueless.

Quote:
No clue, huh? I worked for the largest PCB mfg. in the world before they got bought out and mfg. got completely moved overseas. The only thing left is the engineering side of it.

What were you saying about not having a clue?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:37 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
I like how after 108 posts, many of them by right-wingers, not a single defense of supply-side economics offered up. Lots of deflection, lots of trying to change the subject, lots of hand-wringing about the horrid plight of the wealthy, but that's about it.
Nor one as to why Obama has followed the same policy.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
They create jobs. Usually the jobs are high quality ones that pay well and can sustain a family, keep them off of welfare, turn that family into a tax payer repaying the reduction to the corporation in increased income/other taxes at the federal, state and local level.

Now for this to work the economy needs to be predictable, business needs to know that they are not going to get gouged with further taxes/regulations. That is why Obamacare has been so bad for this nation, business does not know what is going on because Obama changes things on a whim, so business just sits on their reserves, does not reinvest and the economy stagnates.

Unlike bottom up economics where the welfare checks fund more low skill jobs like cashiers and waiters.
Large corporations only create 35% of Americas new jobs. The other 65% are created by small and medium sized businesses.
http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...-job-creators/

And you said large corporations create high paying jobs. "But most people earning minimum wage work for large corporations."
Large, Profitable Companies Employ Most Minimum-Wage Earners | The Nation

Its ironic you say large corporations create high paying jobs, when large corporations are moving all their HIGH paying manufacturing jobs to Asia.

Many large US corporations sell tv's, computers, dvd players, cell phones, ex.ex. But can you find a tv, dvd player, or cell phone made in America?
Answer: No, because the US corporations moved those high paying manufacturing jobs to Asia.

Its clear large corporations don't create most new jobs, they employ the most low income workers, and they are moving all their high paying manufacturing jobs to Asia.

Could you please explain how tax cuts for large corporations create high paying American jobs?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Except it isn't. {Shrug}
Oh but it is.

If you keep your spending the same and cut taxes, the deficit increases because revenue is lowered. It is absolutely basic math. Republicans want to cut taxes and cut spending... errrrr cut spending on everything but the military, which ends up being no cutting in spending; just ballooning of the deficit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama extended the tax cuts.
As a compromise... it is called a concession.

It baffles me that he would bother trying to compromise with people who basically want him ousted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies