Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Do you not understand taxes at all? Income tax is only one form of revenue.?
Yes, and?
Quote:
Tax rates on the rich aren't falling?
your charts lump everyone together.. try again

Here, I'll start you off

Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If you taxed capital gains like you taxed income every corporation would move overseas with a couple of years and take their taxes and jobs with them. Why do you think companies are moving to Ireland right now?

Thank god you are not in charge of the country.
You are saying the Walmarts and McDonalds of America would move?
How do they sell their stuff to us then?

Were a "Service Economy" now and why would they move when their customers are here?

Last edited by J746NEW; 03-07-2014 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You were right? How much did you pay for your last computer, cell phone, clothing, etc.?

I ask because you wouldn't have any of that if you had thrown up the walls you think should be in place. Shoot, you probably wouldn't even have the job you do.

You see, you were going to lose those jobs anyways. Why don't you name anywhere in the rest of the world that can afford to pay a worker $57/hr in total benefits to produce a TV or computer or cell phone. What, you think 4 billion people in the "east" were going to save up $3,000 to buy a 20" flat screen?

Yeah, America has a measly 317 million people yet there is 7.1 billion people on the planet. What moron in their right mind would decide that 317 million people is greater than 6.8 billion people?
H
Apparently there are quite a few and right here live on CD.

And once again we see who the true traitors to this country are where they do not care about the best interests of this nation but only the best interests of they and their cronies wallets all with BIG Governments blessings and backed by a BIG Global Police Force.

Last edited by J746NEW; 03-07-2014 at 11:57 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
And once again we see who the true traitors to this country are where they do not care about the best interests of this nation but only the best interests of they and their cronies wallets all with big governments blessings
The Jobs Czar: General Electric's Jeffrey Immelt - CBS News

GE moving X-ray business to China - The Boston Globe

White House Jobs Czar, GE CEO Immelt Moves Jobs to China

GE Closes Last Incandescent Light Bulb Plant, Jobs Sent to China | Heartlander Magazine

Old 03-07-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
And once again we see who the true traitors to this country are where they do not care about the best interests of this nation but only the best interests of they and their cronies wallets all with big governments blessings
Whats in the best interest of this country and the citizens, is to create an environment where people who want to work, can, and there is competition which doesnt limit an individual from quitting their job and switching due to unsatisfactory conditions.

The traitors are those who think its governments job to somehow limit the number of jobs and then whine about it..

Old 03-07-2014, 11:11 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Mother Jones is a horribly biased, often misleading site. You should fact check most things they write, just like with Breitbart, and Cato. These particular graphs though? They're accurate. I'd be careful reading the story associated with them, but the graphs are accurate.

They very very clearly show the failed conservative policies, and do a good job demonstrating that our current presidents fairly conservative policies are not helping, we need serious change.

So asking Conservative to explain them is not a unreasonable request when the conservatives keep saying "just a few more tax cuts and you will all be rich....."
I guess you didn't notice where the graphs came from?
Look at them again. They came from the Congressional Budget Office and the U.S. Senate.

Mother Jones, unlike Brietbart, doesn't make things up from thin air.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, and?

your charts lump everyone together.. try again

Here, I'll start you off
Your chart illustrates because someone is wealthy they pay more of the total national and state tax pie in raw dollars.

My chart illustrates that the poor pay more of their income in taxes than the wealthy.

I guess it depends on your definition of "fair."

It boils down to the utter detest people have of lower income folks in this country, and the glorification the wealthy receive. Why should the wealthy have the special privilege of contributing less of their income towards taxes? Someone please explain the reasoning to me because I don't get it. Rights and fairness should not be dictated by income.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Your chart illustrates because someone is wealthy they pay more of the total national and state tax pie in raw dollars.

My chart illustrates that the poor pay more of their income in taxes than the wealthy.

It boils down to the utter detest people have of lower income folks in this country, and the glorification the wealthy receive. Why should the wealthy have the special privilege of contributing less of their income towards taxes? Someone please explain the reasoning to me because I don't get it. Rights and fairness should not be dictated by income.
first your chart doesnt begin to indicate that, you lump all individuals taxes together, and all corporate taxes together, etc and then pretend someone who ears $10K a year is the same as someone who earns $1M..

Further, the wealthy have wealth, not income.. we dont tax wealth until it gets converted to income, so your non stop confusing of the two is rather sad.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:

It boils down to why is it that someone that pays millions of dollars in taxes and donates millions of more dollars to help the needy/education/arts/science/health is not paying their "fair share"?

While another person gets a refund from another tax payer even though they didn't pay a single penny in income tax.

Please tell me again what is "fair"

Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
first your chart doesnt begin to indicate that, you lump all individuals taxes together, and all corporate taxes together, etc and then pretend someone who ears $10K a year is the same as someone who earns $1M..
Percentage of income. What is not fair about that? Everyone's financial situation is different. If all citizens are contributing 20% of their income towards taxes, they are all contributing what they can to society equally.

Don't bring up corporate taxes at all. Corporate taxes have taken a nosedive over time. Corporations aren't paying diddly in taxes.

Quote:
Further, the wealthy have wealth, not income.. we dont tax wealth until it gets converted to income, so your non stop confusing of the two is rather sad.
I know the difference between wealth and income.

Explain to me why a capital gain should be taxed less than an earned dollar?

Explain to me how billionaires would pay themselves $0 in earned income to reap capital gains is a fair, sustainable tax policy.

Furthermore, the barrier of entry to these tax loopholes is very dependent on income. Minimum wage workers don't have money to invest and get these lower tax rates, yet they got socked by sales and property taxes.

The right wing thinks this tidy little arrangement is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies