Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 06:13 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, I'll tell ya what, I have never known a person who has reached their lifetime cap on insurance either, however, that is one of the reason the ACA was sold to us.......

Point being, because you don't know anyone who ever needed a gun, means nothing....
I guess my mom was braver than I thought. She made it 90 years and was never once frightened enough to carry a gun.

And I've never said there might not be times when you need a weapon. I have them at my homes and place of business.

I also have a permit and have utilized it on occasion.

But its utterly ludicrous to stroll through the Little League park or the local Walmart with an AR-15 strapped across your chest. That is simply provocative. It also works to the detriment of legitimate gun owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 06:26 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
It means no one can disarm you during the course of a mugging and shoot you dead with your own weapon.
Wrong..... as you've already been told, the gun will work as long as it's range of the watch.
Quote:
It means your 6-year-old can't pull your gun from your bedroom drawer while you're in the kitchen boiling spaghetti and accidentally shoot his little sister in the head.
Wrong again. If the watch is stored within range of the gun, a six year old could do just that.
Quote:
The pro-gun crowd has long been adamant that widespread gun ownership is a godsend for society, provided guns remain in the hands of responsible, law-abiding citizens. With that in mind, you'd expect them to come out full force in support of smart gun technology, right?
Wrong. A lot of people have and own guns for self defense, so why would they want to have to rely on uintested and unproven technology in the event they needed it to work? The fact the NJ has exempted their police forces from having to use the smart gun once their law kicks in is quite telling. It says to me that they don't trust the tech enough to have police use it, so why should anyone else have to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
The police would love smart guns..
Is that why New Jersey Exempted their police from having to use "smart-guns" once their law kicks in to effect if it ever does? Because they love it so much? Or is it because they don't want to take the chance of putting one of their officers at risk by having to rely on the technology to work?

You get all police and military to convert to "smart-guns" and then I will to. But, if police and military are exempt, that tells me they don't trust the tech enough to work when needed, so why should I have to convert to it? Is my safety less important?

Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Wrong again. If the watch is stored within range of the gun, a six year old could do just that.
Exactly, and where is it that watch will be stored for easy access?

Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I guess my mom was braver than I thought. She made it 90 years and was never once frightened enough to carry a gun.
Yet you are younger than your mom....and you have used a gun...

Quote:
And I've never said there might not be times when you need a weapon. I have them at my homes and place of business.
You have said you have been mugged....yet failed to use them.

Quote:
'

Yet you have been mugged...

Quote:
But its utterly ludicrous to stroll through the Little League park or the local Walmart with an AR-15 strapped across your chest. That is simply provocative. It also works to the detriment of legitimate gun owners.
Who stated anything about what you have stated above?

Old 05-03-2014, 07:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
It is a plot to track weapons
Millions are spent yearly to disarm not criminals but primarily home owners
Why?????

Old 05-03-2014, 08:04 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Here's the reality, the aim is not gun "control" but gun elimination. We dance around the semantics and use phrases like "common sense laws" and "for the children" but, bottom line, the goal is elimination.
Maybe it's your reality but it's just not true. Maybe some do but these are the extremists which we have on both sides, I might add.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:20 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:

You there are 109 women that will be raped today in America...Tell that to them...

Furthermore people like the fact people are free to that degree..it is their problem not ours..

Old 05-03-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Maybe it's your reality but it's just not true. Maybe some do but these are the extremists which we have on both sides, I might add.
And Benghazi was cause by a YouTube video and guns did not walk in fast and furious.

We don't believe leftist lies any more...

Few how is it extremists to error on the side of liberty and defend the Constitutions?

Old 05-03-2014, 08:38 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet you are younger than your mom....and you have used a gun...

You have said you have been mugged....yet failed to use them.

'

Yet you have been mugged...

Who stated anything about what you have stated above?
Er, yeah, I have been mugged and I've been robbed at gunpoint. However, as I said before, having a gun wouldn't have prevented either of those events.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Er, yeah, I have been mugged and I've been robbed at gunpoint. However, as I said before, having a gun wouldn't have prevented either of those events.
How would you have known?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies