Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"my job is not to worry about those people" - Mitt Romney

Those words cost him the election.
That is a pretty vague statement, and why should he worry about them, do they worry about any one else? NO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 05:39 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What is the point of this? If a politician plans to improve the positions of those on the low end of the ladder, I fully expect those people to vote for that politician.
Have their positions been improved? The poverty rate is rising and there are more Americans on food stamps than ever before.

U.S. poverty rises despite economic recovery | Reuters

How has Obama's presidency worked out for those on the low end of the ladder?

Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Good.

"Let them eat cake!"

Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
More people qualify for the social programs because we've raised the qualifications above FPL.
Anywhere from 130% to 400% of FPL qualifies people for the programs.
So you now have formerly "middle class" people on government programs.
And the government also calls people on government programs "the struggling middle class".

You're either "rich" or "middle class" now.
We're down to two classes of people.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thanks for making my nite! friend, and where have you been Period? Right you are. Most of his supporters are delusional just like him.

Naturally they are the perfect fit.

I stopped posting for a while in the political forum after receiving typical left wing tree huggers death threats when I proved to them what Obama was over and over. They cannot stand to be proven wrong and resort to death threats and personal attacks.

Those who are still supporting him after this nitwit lied to them should be deported for supporting such as idiot who is hell bent on destroying or his slick words of transforming America!

Shovel ready jobs LIE

Keep your health insurance LIE

Your rates will go down, not up. LIE

We are working hard to make sure Americans who are under water in their homes can keep their homes LIE

This is just a small list. The man is a liar, a scam artist and those after his disaster 6 years of mistakes, lies, deceit, scams, embarrassments should be ashamed of themselves.

Most are probably getting one of those Obama checks for being a life long loser on welfare.

I know I am right, I called this moronic piece of crap Obama from day one and I have been correct over and over.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:43 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Have their positions been improved? The poverty rate is rising and there are more Americans on food stamps than ever before.

U.S. poverty rises despite economic recovery | Reuters

How has Obama's presidency worked out for those on the low end of the ladder?

Thank you!!

These are lifelong looney bird liberal voters you are talking about.

Obama has been trained that weak losers who wont work and need help from everyone else will always vote for a liberal liar like Obama.

Vote for me and I will steal from hard working rich people and give it to you.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:52 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Thank you!!

These are lifelong looney bird liberal voters you are talking about.

Obama has been trained that weak losers who wont work and need help from everyone else will always vote for a liberal liar like Obama.

Vote for me and I will steal from hard working rich people and give it to you.
That's about all there is to it. A very simple concept that gets lost on many.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:17 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
They get what they deserve.

Voting for a lying scam artist like Obama who suckered so many people they should hide their faces.

Most of his voters are suffering under his trying to be a King.

Incomes down, foreclosures and bankruptcy filing up, what happens to his promise to help people save their homes from foreclosure? What about all those high paying shovel ready jobs?

Oh yea, you can keep your insurance. Lie!!

And you rates will go down if you just trust me.

We are going into our 4th raise in cost since dumbo signed his famous screw all Americans bill.

LOL

Most Ds are running like mad from the word Obamascare.

Now even the liar scam artist himself does not want it called Obamacare.
Yeah, I voted for Obama, I didn't see much choice in the matter.

I
am doing better financially now then when he was elected.
MOST of the people that "lost" their insurance were paying for insurance that was NEVER going to pay any or very little of their bills if they got sick or injured. I still have the same plan I did since before he was elected.

Foreclosures are up because lots of people bought houses they could NEVER afford long term, the WHY or HOW of all this is a topic for another thread.

Health Insurance rates have been going UP 10-15% every year since forever, NOTHING to do with "Obamacare"

Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
A little inconvenient truth for the right

And for the gun nuts, In the Obama years more guns have been sold than under any other President. Last year a record 15,000,000 background checks were being done and the gun industry made one of their biggest sales year with well over 11 Billion sole.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
A little inconvenient truth for the right

And for the gun nuts, In the Obama years more guns have been sold than under any other President. Last year a record 15,000,000 background checks were being done and the gun industry made one of their biggest sales year with well over 11 Billion sole.
Here is a little painful truth for the left.

The deficit is going down primarily due to record QE money creation. This record QE has artificially lowered interest rates to near zero - in fact, even as we taper, the Fed has given assurances of near zero interest rates for the time being.

Artificially lower interest rates for years has meant that the interest we pay on the national debt has been shrinking due simply to the artificially lower interest rates as the old bonds come due and new bonds are issued at much lower rates.

IF we had interest rates of recent historic norms, our annual deficit would still be over a trillion dollars a year. We can't hold these rates down forever.

Now here is the kicker...what kind of policy is QE? It is trickle down economics on steroids. Wait, doesn't Obama and the left criticize trickle down...yes, but they are fine with the biggest most aggressive trickle down policy ever and not a word against it...

Obama supporters have no principles other than not questioning Obama's hypocrisy.

How Quantitative Easing Helps the Rich and Soaks the Rest of Us - Reason.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies