Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,190,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Sometimes it's better....

American Psychological Association - Gay and Lesbian Parenting.
"Overall, the belief that children of lesbian and gayparents suffer deficits in personal development has no empirical foundation.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003)."
I am so glad he was able to argue that without profanity (LOL!), though I did find some of it funny. As to establish legality, it has no basis.

I support gay marriage. If an adoption agency were considering a couple for a child and every given factor was equal except one couple was same sex and the other opposite sex; then sure I would give the child to the opposite sex couple. There is nothing wrong with same sex couples having children though.

Plus, women are doing more things that only guys used to do these days. I don't see why a woman in a same sex marriage could not play catch with a baseball with her son in the park or the backyard.

Glad Adam Carolla was able to get the rage out of his system. Beats paying a shrink I guess.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,876,507 times
I wonder how many of those who cry about homosexual marriage damaging the sanctity of marriage have been married more than once.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:13 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,190,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's not that long ago that the "will of the people" supported the legal prohibition of interracial marriage. Was it wrong to use the Government and the Supreme Court to violate the will of the people in Loving v. Virginia?
Kudos! Those disagreeing will likely not reply. Maybe they know deep in their hearts that they are wrong. That would be my guess.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:13 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
One of those reasons....is to have Children. Something people of the same sex cannot do....

Oh yes we can....and do. And when we have to, we adopt. Next.....

Old 03-07-2014, 04:18 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,374,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I'm not a bigot or a homophobe. I don't hate gays. See this is where your side starts to lose your credibility and turn into the real bigots. I simply disagree with the lifestyle and don't want the word Marriage to be redefined. That doesn't sound like hate at all.

Yes I think homosexuality is wrong, but I don't judge those who practice it.
Are you heterosexual ALL the time, or only when you are having sex with a woman?

Are you heterosexual when you are doing the shopping?

Are you heterosexual when you are driving your car?

How do you 'practice' heterosexuality?

What is the 'heterosexual lifestyle' and do all heterosexuals 'practice' it the same way?

Last edited by Ceist; 03-07-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I have strong religious beliefs about marriage. I have a right to that. .

Just like you have your right to have a same sex relationship.

When does your right become more important than mine?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
LOL... that's fine. As long a

Muslims have strong religious belief against alcohol. Jews, against pork.

I suppose you think they should be able to tell YOU what you can or can't do?
Quote:
Not the same thing.....
Yeah. It is.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:32 PM

423 posts, read 414,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinGracie View Post
Oh yes we can....and do. And when we have to, we adopt. Next.....
Please explain exactly how you and your "partner".....conceive a child without any assistance via third party. This I want to hear.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Really?? Is this not what people who choose to be in same sex relationships are doing?? You are imposing your beliefs on me to make it law for you to marry your same sex partner.

Again, how does it make it ok for you to do this and when I do it I am called a bigot???
How is someone you don't even know getting a civil marriage license to marry their same sex partner "imposing their beliefs on you"?

Are they trying to force you to marry a same-sex partner?

Are they trying to make it illegal for you to marry someone of the opposite sex?

Are they trying to move in with you?

What?

Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,155,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Please explain exactly how you and your "partner".....conceive a child without any assistance via third party. This I want to hear.
You are aware a straight married couple could have a third person knock up the wife if they wanted to. Also, what does having children have to do with marriage?

Old 03-07-2014, 04:39 PM

423 posts, read 414,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are aware a straight married couple could have a third person knock up the wife if they wanted to. Also, what does having children have to do with marriage?
I didn't ask you....and that aside, you managed to do your best liberal impression by not answering it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.