Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 09:06 AM

259 posts, read 151,344 times

Advertisements

How many kids have you raised? I raised two. Thank you for stopping by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You don't have a clue what is necessary for the psychological development of a child. Want to tell me what you know about Attachment theory? Developmental stages?

Old 03-09-2014, 09:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
What propaganda? Billions of people walking this planet prove that the only way we could survive as species is by bearing and protecting children, a difficult job that takes two people, mother and father. What you propose is gay-propaganda and an attempt to rewrite history, suitable to your political needs.
Why did you choose to use the word "Liberal" for your username? You are doing a great job of parroting conservative religious views like you found on that Catholic website.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-09-2014 at 09:19 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 09:13 AM

259 posts, read 151,344 times
Why do you resort to personal attacks when losing an argument?

Quote:
Why did you choose to use the word "Liberal" for your username? You are doing a great job of parroting ignorant conservative religious views like you found on that Catholic website.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
How many kids have you raised? I raised two. Thank you for stopping by.
Not only have I raised children, I've run parenting education groups for years.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
What propaganda? Billions of people walking this planet prove that the only way we could survive as species is by bearing and protecting children, a difficult job that takes two people, mother and father. What you propose is gay-propaganda and an attempt to rewrite history, suitable to your political needs.
This comment makes no sense, are you arguing that any man/women pair can have a kid and protect, if so you are sorely mistaken.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Why do you resort to personal attacks when losing an argument?
I'm the one providing the valid evidence, so how am I 'losing an argument'?

I was just curious as to why you chose the word "Liberal" for a username when it is clear that your views are very conservative - at least on this topic anyway.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Let's see how well they do it. Let's see if two women or two men can replace both father and mother, both the masculine and feminine element necessary for psychological development of a child.
Do you use that same premise to argue against legal divorce and separation? Would you make it illegal for single and/or widowed parents to raise children?

Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 AM

423 posts, read 414,660 times
Quote:
Not only have I raised children, I've run parenting education groups for years.
No wonder we have a bunch of commies running around these days...

Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,205 times
Quote:
I know a young man whose father and mother beat him, burned him with cigarettes, locked him outside in extreme weather as punishment, and failed to get him medical attention for broken bones as a result of the beatings. He was severely damaged, both physically and emotionally by his so-called parents. Heck of a job protecting him, huh?

He was placed in foster care, in and out of homes, and generally considered a problem child with little hope for placement with a family. He was failing in school, disruptive, and sometimes violent with other children. None of his physical or emotional issues were his fault, they were the fault of his mother and father. He was labeled a problem child who would probably spend his childhood in the system because nobody wanted to tackle his issues.

Fortunately, he was adopted by a wonderful, loving, caring and nurturing couple who gave him all the love and protection that a child should receive from his parents. He thrives in a home where he is safe and protected. He has parents who care for him when he is ill, cheer him on at his baseball games, help him with his homework, take him to the movies, and, most importantly, love him unconditionally. They even attend church as a family.

Yes, they are a same sex couple. So what? They are amazing people who have been the kind of parents others should aspire to be. I can't imagine what this boy's life would have been if these wonderful people were not allowed adopt because a few people think that their loving and caring for a child is "an agenda" or "disgusting". I would like to see those people tell this little boy, who, for the first time in his short life actually feels loved, that his parents should never have been allowed to become parents.

Last edited by raindrop101; 03-09-2014 at 10:14 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 AM

392 posts, read 351,982 times
Normalization is the reason. Gays want to pretend that they are like their parents...after all - all gay people had parents...and all gay people would like to carry on the tradition of family - I really think it must be very difficult for them to fake being like their parents...They have the right to try though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies