Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 03:59 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And for people that have had cats years before becoming pregnant most likely they have already caught it and developed antibodies for it.

A simple blood test can tell if you have the antibody. If you do you can't catch it again and there is no risk to the unborn child.
The risk is the first time exposure when pregnant.
There's nothing simple about getting blood out of me. Besides, it's one of the perks of being pregnant, not having to clean the cat box. Don't take that away from pregnant ladies, that's just mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 04:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Since several counties in conservative Arizona have similar food handling laws, it is clearly not a liberal/conservative issue.
What counties are those?

Harrier is rather sure that he can produce a voting results map and those areas will be at least purple if not blue.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:18 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times
California, NY, Mass SUCK

Old 03-07-2014, 11:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I just bought a couple of doughnuts from a shop this morning. The guy behind the counter wore a glove to pick them up from the display rack, then handed me a nickel in change from the same gloved hand.

Since I have the auto immunity of a stray dog, I wasn't very worried, but I don't think the guy gave a sec on thought to how germy that nickel was. I wouldn't have, except that my sister-in-law has just gone through chemo therapy for cancer and has none at all. She nearly died last December after picking up a common cold that wouldn't have even given me the sniffles.

Gloves are good. Training the personnel how to keep their hands clean, with or without them, is even better.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
So the liberals in Cali want to add more plastic to the landfills. They already screwed up passing their plastic bag law. I'm sure it will all be Bush's fault in the end somehow.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:17 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So the liberals in Cali want to add more plastic to the landfills. They already screwed up passing their plastic bag law. I'm sure it will all be Bush's fault in the end somehow.
That sums it up.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's similar to the reusable grocery bag germ issue. After repeated use, reusable grocery bags are essentially germ and bacteria factories.....much dirtier and dangerous to people than the unused plastic bags that liberals tell us are killing the Earth.
Good Point. So the same state that outlawed disposable plastic grocery bags which essentially means you have to use a bacteria infested reusable bag (or wash it every time you use it), is now mandating a food handling facility (if using them properly) use and throw away potentially hundreds of plastic gloves every day ?

Wow....where is the common thought process in these two scenarios passed by the same group of people ?

Last edited by jasper1372; 03-08-2014 at 09:10 AM..

Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Good Point. So the same state that outlawed disposable plastic grocery bags which essentially means you have to use a bacteria infested reusable bag (or wash it ever time you use it), is now mandating a food handling facility (if using them properly) use and throw away potentially hundreds of plastic gloves every day ?

Wow....where is the common thought process in these two scenarios passed by the same group of people ?
What makes you think they will tell their employees to constantly change their gloves ?
Start paying attention when you shop to those that do wear gloves and watch what they do.
Food to cash register, handling both your food and money with that same glove and never taking it off.
Even wiping the counter down wearing that glove.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What makes you think they will tell their employees to constantly change their gloves ?
Start paying attention when you shop to those that do wear gloves and watch what they do.
Food to cash register, handling both your food and money with that same glove and never taking it off.
Even wiping the counter down wearing that glove.
Oh don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what you are saying. I'm talking about the legislators who are passing these laws and one would have to assume, thinking all businesses will abide by the "rules".

If you ready my previous post(s) on this up the line a bit, you'll see my POV.

You can't make people sanitary by external rules.....only good common sense drives good hygiene when handling food. You can't "legislate" clean food ! I'm not opposed to legislated rules to demand good hygienic food handling....but I certainly don't think that's any guarantee that any individual person handling my food is doing it in a hygenic way.

My all time favorite gross restaurant story goes as follows. I was eating (in my earlier years of loving fast food which have long since passed) at a very well known fast food restaurant and reading the newspaper and minding my own business. This employee comes over near me and is wiping down the table tops with a rag, then after a few tables he started wiping down the seats at the tables, then he ventures over to the trash bin where you dump all your wrappers/cups etc...once you're done and was wipping down the dirty top, then the sides......and then wipped a spot of something spilled on the floor at the base of the waste bin.......and yup, you know what's coming don't you ??? He then went back to wipping off table tops.

That was the end of my enjoyable lunch experience :-( I've not been back to that particular restaurant since. Although I know this type of stuff can and undoubtedly does happens everywhere, I actually saw this disgusting and gross event right in front of me and it's all I'd be able to think about where I to go back....lol.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what you are saying. I'm talking about the legislators who are passing these laws and one would have to assume, thinking all businesses will abide by the "rules".

If you ready my previous post(s) on this up the line a bit, you'll see my POV.

You can't make people sanitary by external rules.....only good common sense drives good hygiene when handling food. You can't "legislate" clean food ! I'm not opposed to legislated rules to demand good hygienic food handling....but I certainly don't think that's any guarantee that any individual person handling my food is doing it in a hygenic way.

My all time favorite gross restaurant story goes as follows. I was eating (in my earlier years of loving fast food which have long since passed) at a very well known fast food restaurant and reading the newspaper and minding my own business. This employee comes over near me and is wiping down the table tops with a rag, then after a few tables he started wiping down the seats at the tables, then he ventures over to the trash bin where you dump all your wrappers/cups etc...once you're done and was wipping down the dirty top, then the sides......and then wipped a spot of something spilled on the floor at the base of the waste bin.......and yup, you know what's coming don't you ??? He then went back to wipping off table tops.

That was the end of my enjoyable lunch experience :-( I've not been back to that particular restaurant since. Although I know this type of stuff can and undoubtedly does happens everywhere, I actually saw this disgusting and gross event right in front of me and it's all I'd be able to think about where I to go back....lol.
And with less employees now they send the cashiers out to mop the floors, wipe the tables, throw out the trash and then wrap your food and give it to you.

Oh I have noticed it too.

Back in the day when I had my burger flipper job I was a cashier and that's all I did.
I didn't handle food that was not wrapped.
The food cookers only did that. There was a stock type person that only did cleaning and restocking all over the store..both front and back.

Each had dedicated jobs. Now you have jack of all trades.

That "cashier" that just went and filled your fry packet may have just thrown out the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies