Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are liberals who dislike black conservatives racist?
Yes 17 62.96%
No 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 02:26 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times

Advertisements

I frequently see conservatives here calling liberals racist when they oppose people like Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Condi Rice. To them, it has nothing to so with the different ideologies. But when the same conservatives complain about Obama, they lash out when racism is implied and argue that it they disagree with his policies. So is it hypocritical that conservatives call liberals racist for not liking black conservatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 02:28 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Nice try at flipping the script. Your argument didn't work for conservatives not liking Obama. They were RACISTS and still are considered that. What makes the Liberals racist is that use racist terms to describe these people. "Uncle Tom" "House Negro", etc.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nice try at flipping the script. Your argument didn't work for conservatives not liking Obama. They were RACISTS and still are considered that. What makes the Liberals racist is that use racist terms to describe these people. "Uncle Tom" "House Negro", etc.
(Citation needed)

Old 03-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
(Citation needed)
No citation needed. It's common knowledge and has been happening for years now.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
No citation needed. It's common knowledge and has been happening for years now.
Then you should be able to show plenty of legitimate examples.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Then you should be able to show plenty of legitimate examples.
Go find them, but first take your head out of the sand.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:41 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
They can only be considered racist if they hate them for being black. I have yet to see that displayed. President Obama, The first lady, the CBC, and democratic black voters have been hated on for that reason pretty much all day. Just look at the threads here for proof.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-07-2014 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Go find them, but first take your head out of the sand.
You are the one who made the claim. It is noted that you are unable or unwilling to back it up.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Disliking a person that happens to be of a certain race isn't racist. Disliking them for being that race and prejudging them because of their race is racist. Sending pictures of watermelons on the White house lawn, putting the president's head on a witch doctor, referring to his Kenyan roots all the time and sharing a photoshopped pic the first family with monkey faces would definitely give the impression that one is racist. I haven't seen this so much toward Herman Cain, Condoleezza Rice or Clarence Thomas. They get called Uncle Toms because they see the racism from Conservatives but refuse to acknowledge it. Clarence Thomas benefited from affirmative action but is now against it. By the way Sour D, I remember when you called the POTUS an "N" before your post got removed. It's not hard to see where you're coming from.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,720 times
NO

Let's get this straight once and for all. If you dislike someone for their politics, lack of skills, bad breath...etc. and they happen to be black, it doesn't make you a racist. If you dislike someone simply for being black, or white, or brown, or blue... you are a racist.

I think Al Sharpton is an insane lunatic, not because he's black, but because he's a race baiting moron. I do not agree with just about anything Obama does, but then I didn't like Clinton, GWB, and Daddy Bush all that much either. My views are color blind.

Quote:
I frequently see conservatives here calling liberals racist when they oppose people like Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Condi Rice. To them, it has nothing to so with the different ideologies. But when the same conservatives complain about Obama, they lash out when racism is implied and argue that it they disagree with his policies. So is it hypocritical that conservatives call liberals racist for not liking black conservatives?
This is far from the truth and quite condescending. All you're doing is justifying one sides racism because another side does it. You make it sound like the liberals use of racism is righteous. The truth is that conservatives defending themselves against these false allegations far outnumber the conservatives who cry racism. I doubt you could find three posts from these conservatives.

Last edited by surfman; 03-07-2014 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies