Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 08:50 AM

878 posts, read 737,322 times

Advertisements

She states "I didn't do anything". This is nothing but a another example of corruption in the people who Obama kept as his friends. I bet she will be one of the first ones pardoned by putative president Obama if Sheriff Joe Arpaio doesn't get him removed from office for having a forged birth certificate and selective service registration confirming his ineligibility to be president. The comments section in the Chicago Tribune story are a hoot. Indeed, the chickens came home to roost on this one and more are on their way.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright's daughter found guilty of money laundering - chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 09:17 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
The actions of your children have no bearing on you as a person.

I find rev. wright to be a disgraceful human being all by himself, but his daughters actions have nothing to do with him.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

I find rev. wright to be a disgraceful human being all by himself, but his daughters actions have nothing to do with him.
I agree with this.

Parents are not responsible for their adult children's choices.
People are not responsible for their parent's or sibling's choices.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

Maybe not to you, but if my son were convicted of being a serial rapist more than a few people would wonder how I raised that boy, including myself. Our children are a reflection upon us as parents. Their actions can bring shame to the family.
In this case the Good reverend likes to preach from his own moral high ground. Maybe he should have paid a little more attention to his children? That said every family seems to turn out a black sheep once in a while. Who knows, maybe this child was one that just refused to get the message. This happens, but to say your children have no bearing on you the parent? I respectfully beg to differ.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Maybe not to you, but if my son were convicted of being a serial rapist more than a few people would wonder how I raised that boy, including myself. Our children are a reflection upon us as parents. Their actions can bring shame to the family.
In this case the Good reverend likes to preach from his own moral high ground. Maybe he should have paid a little more attention to his children? That said every family seems to turn out a black sheep once in a while. Who knows, maybe this child was one that just refused to get the message. This happens, but to say your children have no bearing on you the parent? I respectfully beg to differ.
Your children adopt your principles as long as you continue being a parent. Once they are teens, they are heavily influenced by the company they keep. We made it inconvenient for our kids to hang around others that we saw as unfit, so we steered them towards activities of like minded people to us.

That being said, once your children go off to college, you can only hope that they take those principles with them.

We have two fine adult children.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:23 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Parents are not responsible for their adult children's choices.
People are not responsible for their parent's or sibling's choices.
Disagree on the first statement. Agree with the second. Parents do indeed own to some degree their adult children's actions and deeds. My daughter did that, I'd be wondering where I failed her, and while not 100%, chances are real high I did fail her and probably in her moral teachings.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:38 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Disagree on the first statement. Agree with the second. Parents do indeed own to some degree their adult children's actions and deeds. My daughter did that, I'd be wondering where I failed her, and while not 100%, chances are real high I did fail her and probably in her moral teachings.
YOu would worry about how you had failed your 48 year old daughter?

Seriously? And you commit suicide if your dog bites a neighbor?

Old 03-09-2014, 12:06 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
She states "I didn't do anything". This is nothing but a another example of corruption in the people who Obama kept as his friends. I bet she will be one of the first ones pardoned by putative president Obama if Sheriff Joe Arpaio doesn't get him removed from office for having a forged birth certificate and selective service registration confirming his ineligibility to be president. The comments section in the Chicago Tribune story are a hoot. Indeed, the chickens came home to roost on this one and more are on their way.

No one cares...except a few right wingers here on C-D.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:54 AM

91 posts, read 72,170 times
Is anyone really surprised? From Chicago and affiliated with Obama. Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:10 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I bet she will be one of the first ones pardoned by putative president Obama if Sheriff Joe Arpaio doesn't get him removed from office for having a forged birth certificate and selective service registration confirming his ineligibility to be president.
Another birther thread?

Sigh...

Brit Reid, it is now March.

Where is Arpaio's "big announcement"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies