Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:35 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
That's not statutory rape. You should really learn basic concepts before getting incised about them.

Premiums are determined by many factors. It's not that women automatically pay lower rates no matter their driving history, age, or other risk factors. Those are taken into account as well.

If people in the same positions were found to be making less where the only differing factor was a person's religious practices, then it is possible. If you would like provide evidence of this discrimination feel free and not just make things up. There are many other reasons why individuals earn different amounts of money, but not really entire groups of people with all else being equal.

Well, as for societal expectations...yes. Women are also expected to quit their careers to raise the children on average. Most women, and men really, would rather not have a partner they would be expected to support, do all the work around the house, and care for the children. However...just like some men are fine with arm candy to support, so are some women.

The majority of men that seem to get mad about women refusing to date bums are bums themselves wondering why they are dateless.
1. You dodged the question. Please answer it since you corrected me and know what it is.

2. I wasn't talking about the other factors, just the factors that are discriminatory. So your telling me feminist groups wouldn't be protesting if it was found that men were charged lower rates based on sex? Women are given a ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT because they are women. What if black people would pay higher rates because they are on average more dangerous drivers?

3. You totally missed this one. I was making the obvious point that Jewish people don't make more by discriminating against non jewish whites, yet they still make more. I was making a comparison to the topic of men making more than women and that is only because of discrimination with no other factors being discussed. Yet you seem to point out that one group may make more on average than other group based on "other reasons." If you gather any type of statistic from any group of people, there will be differences unlike in your liberal utopia where everyone is exactly the same. And those differences (pay) that can sometimes make people feel inferior aren't always based on discrimination.

4. So women are "expected" to raise their children or "want" and "choose" to? I never said anything about women having to "support" a guy. I said that most women expect the guy to make more than them. And as far as "social expectations", men are expected to earn more. But yet women complain when men do earn more!! Hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 02:36 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Women are supposed to be equal to men in every way.

1. So why is it statutory rape when a woman is drunk and a guy sleeps with her but not the other way around? Don't women want to be treated as equals? why don't they go to prison for sleeping with a drunk man?
Statutory rape is sex is with a minor. Sleeping with a drunk person is not necessarily rape. Men can and do charge women with rape.
Quote:
2. Why do women pay less in auto insurance than men? Isn't that discrimination? I can GUARANTEE you there would be boycotts and protests if it was shown that men were less risky drivers and got to pay less for auto insurance. Why can't we charge different rates based on race then?
Insurance is based on risk. A 30 year old will get lower life insurance premiums (for the same payout) than an 80 year old. I have heard of no studies that show that race is a risk factor in car accidents. Insurance premiums based on race may be illegal (I haven't looked it up) but if it is then insurance companies might get around it based on location and family health history factors.
Quote:
3. Since women on average make less than men because it is all because of discrimination and no other possible reasons, I guess you can say that Jewish men make more than American Caucasian men because of discrimination also. I mean it could be for no other reasons right?
It's about lower wages for the same job. If a company paid Jewish men more than non-Jewish men for the same job then there would/could be cause for a lawsuit.
Quote:
4. Why do a majority of women scream discrimination when men make more than them, but a majority of those same women prefer to date guys that make more than them and prefer and expect them to in their personal life's?
That's just your opinion of women. Again it's only wage discrimination if it's lower wages for the same job.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Wow. You failed with your first sentence.

No... that's not what equality means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07
1. So why is it statutory rape when a woman is drunk and a guy sleeps with her but not the other way around?
You fail again. Neither of those would be statutory rape. Statutory rape is sex with someone who is underage, not sex when someone is drunk. And drunk has nothing to do with it.

Consent does.

Quote:
2. Why do women pay less in auto insurance than men? Isn't that discrimination?
Because they are safer drivers and generate fewer costs to the insurance company.

Quote:
3. Since women on average make less than men because it is all because of discrimination and no other possible reasons, I guess you can say that Jewish men make more than American Caucasian men because of discrimination also. I mean it could be for no other reasons right?
Jewish men are Caucasian. American Jewish men are American Caucasian. It is not obvious to me that they make more money as a rule than anybody else.

Quote:
4. Why do a majority of women scream discrimination when men make more than them, but a majority of those same women prefer to date guys that make more than them and prefer and expect them to in their personal life's?
Who cares?

Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:

1. So why is it statutory rape when a woman is drunk and a guy sleeps with her but not the other way around? Don't women want to be treated as equals? why don't they go to prison for sleeping with a drunk man? If a guy would file charges, we can open it up at that time

2. Why do women pay less in auto insurance than men? Isn't that discrimination? I can GUARANTEE you there would be boycotts and protests if it was shown that men were less risky drivers and got to pay less for auto insurance. Why can't we charge different rates based on race then? It's based on your driving record, age (if under 25), and where you live. Gender is not included.

3. Since women on average make less than men because it is all because of discrimination and no other possible reasons, I guess you can say that Jewish men make more than American Caucasian men because of discrimination also. I mean it could be for no other reasons right? Most Jewish men are Caucasian.

4. Why do a majority of women scream discrimination when men make more than them, but a majority of those same women prefer to date guys that make more than them and prefer and expect them to in their personal life's? Everyone has a preference. So what.
Answers in bold...

Old 03-08-2014, 02:45 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Statutory rape is sex is with a minor. Sleeping with a drunk person is not necessarily rape. Men can and do charge women with rape.
He gets the definition of Statutory Rape all wrong and wonders why it wasn't answered to his liking
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

That's just your opinion of women. .
And he wonders why he can't get a date
Quote:

2. Why do women pay less in auto insurance than men? Isn't that discrimination? I can GUARANTEE you there would be boycotts and protests if it was shown that men were less risky drivers and got to pay less for auto insurance. Why can't we charge different rates based on race then?

Maybe you should look into Actuarial Science to find out why Insurance rates are different for different classes of people.
Young males tend to get into more auto accidents.
Twenty-something females tend to have more babies.
This sub-class tends to ...

Quote:

This doesn't even make any sense, a female SHOULD be paid equal amount as a male if she is equally qualified, what does that have to do with a woman that doesn't want anything to do with a loser that can't support himself.

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 03-08-2014 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-08-2014, 02:54 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Giving special rights to one group takes away rights from another.

Never forget that.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:59 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
It is not possible for women to be equal to men in every way. Anyone who thinks that doesn't understand biological differences between men and women. Oh, I get it, you're going for the dramatic angle....

Quote:
1. So why is it statutory rape when a woman is drunk and a guy sleeps with her but not the other way around? Don't women want to be treated as equals? why don't they go to prison for sleeping with a drunk man?
Do you even know what statutory rape is? It's not what you wrote above. Rape is rape, no matter who is doing it.

Quote:
Frankly, I don't have an answer to this. Studies SAY that women get in less accidents than men, but I've seen plenty of females on the road who don't have a damn clue how to drive. I don't think people should be getting different rates based on their gender, they should be getting different rates based on their driving history.

Quote:
Oh, here's more of that drama...

Quote:
Scream? Scream?! More drama...are you sure you aren't one of those dramatic women, because your post sure sounds like one. Are you having a moment? Do you need to lie down? There, there ::: pats on head condescendingly:: You'll be okay.

How many women have you actually met? You mean gold diggers? Most gold diggers are not out there "screaming" about equal rights. Most feminazis are not out there "screaming" that the guy they are interested in is making less than them. You seem to have no clue about women whatsoever.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:01 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Giving special rights to one group takes away rights from another.

Never forget that.

What "special" rights are you talking about?

Old 03-08-2014, 03:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How many women have you actually met? You mean gold diggers? Most gold diggers are not out there "screaming" about equal rights. Most feminazis are not out there "screaming" that the guy they are interested in is making less than them. You seem to have no clue about women whatsoever.
I suspect this entire thread was born from the OPs inability to get a woman to date him. And he probably still can't figure out why.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:40 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Sigh.

If a man has been raped by a woman when he's drunk, then he should indeed file charges and is free to do so.

It's up to him, just like it's up to the woman to press charges if she was raped.

There's no one stopping men from filing rape charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies