Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times

Advertisements

Oh joy! Another let's bash Black people thread! Ridiculous! I wasn't raised to be a victim and most of the Black men that I've meant (not all) that are conservatives are self-righteous holier than thou jerks that I wouldn't give the time of day and believe me they've asked me for it many times. Guys like Larry Elders and Clarence Thomas are not attractive to me. By the way, I live in Texas and know plenty of Black Conservatives with Black spouses. Just because you see it on TV doesn't mean it's the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 03:59 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
Clarence Thomas, Deneen Borelli, George Schuyler, Angela McGlowan, John McWhorter (who's more of a libertarian), Lisa Fritsch, among others, are/were just a few examples.

Is there something more to this?

seems simple

either

a) they love the person

b) perhaps that black conservative got treated just a tad better by the non-black person and not hated for there beliefs or political views

---

on a side note this is similar when certain "black" athletes get with latina or white women and a segment of black women start hatin and saying all kinds of rediculous things

i bet you can trace why this phenomenon takes place if you rewind back to say that black athletes teenage years and early experiences with women

you think tiger woods (for example) was getting play from black women when he was a youngster trying to get his feet wet in the game?

Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Maybe because black liberals hate black conservatives with a passion, so they find more common ground with Caucasians.
This is one of those right wing memes which has no basis in reality just like the right wing claims that blacks don't vote for racist Republicans because they secretly all want welfare. Like virtually all right wing talking points your claim is just a load of horse dung.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
This is one of those right wing memes which has no basis in reality just like the right wing claims that blacks don't vote for racist Republicans because they secretly all want welfare. Like virtually all right wing talking points your claim is just a load of horse dung.
actually what she said is true, the only thing i'd change is the last word in the statement

black "libs" despise black conservatives with a passion...the name calling and derogatory statements go on and on

caucasions of the liberal persuasion dislike any conservatives period. you sound like you are one of these based on your little mini rant reply

Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Who wants a whiney chic you can barely understand, that blames everyone else for her problems in life.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
I think the causation might be that being in an interracial marriage makes it more likely for Black people to be outspokenly (key word) conservative than the other way around.

Reason being, that it would result in their having a more diverse and less monolithically liberal group of friends and family, so they get a lot less flak for being an "out" conservative than a person in a purely black family would.

I say this from my experience as a conservative-leaning Jew -- while people my age hold more diverse views and things are much more even, the older generation (people in and near retirement more specifically) is much more liberal (like the black community is, but to a lesser degree) and as a rule if I am in a room full of older Jewish people I do NOT talk politics until and unless someone else has voiced a conservative opinion and not gotten a hostile reaction.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
can we get a few blacks on this forum to post a sticky thread on all things black people so white people can visit that thread and get all there answers instead of creatng a thread every hour about black people.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because too many black women are raised to be the victim.
Here we go. Three posts in and someone is already trying to marginalize black women.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:55 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
can we get a few blacks on this forum to post a sticky thread on all things black people so white people can visit that thread and get all there answers instead of creatng a thread every hour about black people.
Compile a list and I'll do it.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
There seems to me to be three kinds of people who date and marry inter-racially:
  1. These who are truly color blind and just see another person.
  2. Those who want to experience the colors of the rainbow - like a Kellogg's variety pack.
  3. Those who want to reject everything they are.
Politically Conservative Blacks seem to me to be in the third group.
The most point on post I read so far...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies