Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 05:47 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,199 times

Advertisements

So why do those that hate Palin so much are so obsessed with her? If she is as irrelevant as you claim why does she get under your skin so much? As I said I find it slightly amusing you all spend so much time fretting about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 05:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
So why do those that hate Palin so much are so obsessed with her? If she is as irrelevant as you claim why does she get under your skin so much? As I said I find it slightly amusing you all spend so much time fretting about her.
....and I find it amusing how so many are obsessed with denying gays the right to marry. What's your point?

Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 PM

None, just wasting your time I guess.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Guess I'm done here...not bored enough to continue...carry on!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
She's not "irrelevant" to either the RW mind or the corporate news which shoves people like her down our throats. She ain't the only "expert" shoved at us - there are people like Cheney, Trump, Romney, Joe the plumber - all lightweights or outright fascists who hide in the shadows but come forth occasionally for a desperate and lazy corporate media looking for easy soundbites.
So, a right-winger starts a thread, but people who respond in opposition are "obsessed". I got it. It's part of the authoritarian RW mind - just listen, obey, but no responses allowed.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,038 times
I lived in Alaska for years. The last several years just down the road from the Palin's. I knew her and her family as did lots of folks around Wasilla. What baffles me is how fearful so many Americans are of what amounts to just a typical all-American family. She's a normal woman, with strong viewpoints, conviction and a freakin backbone. She was also a hell of a governor for the state. Not perfect and not to be overly idolized. But this crap you all label her with is ridiculous. I don't agree with her politically on every topic. But the fear and attack mongering from the left here and elsewhere is amazing.

We're at the point in America where you far left liberals are having your way and likely will continue to get it. And where is it getting you? When will it end and where? READ HISTORY FOLKS. It's not just about abortion and gay marriage. It's about survival of a nation and how history is repeating itself based on many great imploding societies of the past. We are repeating it.

At the end of the day, entitlement, excessive takers and no givers.. equals suicide of a great society. And you, my fine people are witnessing it first hand. You are going down in flames while finger pointing your haltered.

The world has never once throughout it's entire history been able to give everybody everything all the time. It just doesn't work that way in this cosmos. If you try and force that mentality, everything fails and we all loose our options to succeed.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 PM

130 posts, read 133,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I lived in Alaska for years. The last several years just down the road from the Palin's. I knew her and her family as did lots of folks around Wasilla. What baffles me is how fearful so many Americans are of what amounts to just a typical all-American family. She's a normal woman, with strong viewpoints, conviction and a freakin backbone. She was also a hell of a governor for the state. Not perfect and not to be overly idolized. But this crap you all label her with is ridiculous. I don't agree with her politically on every topic. But the fear and attack mongering from the left here and elsewhere is amazing.

We're at the point in America where you far left liberals are having your way and likely will continue to get it. And where is it getting you? When will it end and where? READ HISTORY FOLKS. It's not just about abortion and gay marriage. It's about survival of a nation and how history is repeating itself based on many great imploding societies of the past. We are repeating it.

At the end of the day, entitlement, excessive takers and no givers.. equals suicide of a great society. And you, my fine people are witnessing it first hand. You are going down in flames while finger pointing your haltered.

The world has never once throughout it's entire history been able to give everybody everything all the time. It just doesn't work that way in this cosmos. If you try and force that mentality, everything fails and we all loose our options to succeed.
Interesting dear boy, would you say that Palin has the education to be president of the USA? One thing was amusing when Palin wanted to meet Lady Thatcher,what was astonishing was how many US conservatives believed Palin had the same level of education with her journalism degree as Lady Thatcher did with her being a scientist and then a Barrister which only the very brightest get through. Lady Thatcher went to Oxford university, Palin went to which ivy league universities ?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,988,298 times
Lady Who Will Die From Unaffordable Obamacare Actually Saving Money On Obamacare, Who Knew?
Boonstra’s old plan cost $1,100 a month in premiums or $13,200 a year, she previously told The News. It didn’t include money she spent on co-pays, prescription drugs and other out-of-pocket expenses.
By contrast, the Blues’ plan premium costs $571 a month or $6,852 for the year. Since out-of-pocket costs are capped at $5,100, including deductibles, the maximum Boonstra would pay this year for all of her cancer treatment is $11,952.
When advised of the details of her Blues’ plan, Boonstra said the idea that it would be cheaper “can’t be true.”
“I personally do not believe that,” Boonstra said.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:07 PM

299 posts, read 634,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What exactly about the parts that were edited improve her qualifications?
I'd also like to know where they received their info so they know what was edited. I've never seen any proof of the parts that were edited. It sounds like pure conjecture on the part of Palin's few supporters. All anyone need do is look at her past history and you'll quickly realize she was nowhere near ready for the V.P. position, nor should she have ever been elected Governor. Her own security detail talked about how she spent on average 1/3 to 1/2 the hours her predecessors did in her office. She headed for home at 2 o'clock almost daily, traveled without doing work despite hours long flights, and had approximately 10% of the meetings that former Governors did. She was uninvolved and unprepared for the position. When she was elected Mayor of Wasilla, she hired an administrator to run the city at the cost of $50k to the taxpayers despite saying during the campaign, "it's not rocket science, it's $6M and 53 employees." Apparently, it was as difficult as rocket science for the new mayor because she spent her time cutting ribbons and performing marriage ceremonies at Walmart when she wasn't busy redecorating her office to the tune of another $50K or buying herself a new SUV which she charged to the citizens of Wasilla. Palin's always been very much the "do as I say, not as I do" type of politician. Today, to call her a politician would be an insult to those few who still believe in upholding the will of the voters. Palin is simply an attention *****, available to the highest bidder, just as she was when she left the Governor's office for the opportunity to earn millions while selling her revenge-filled fairy tale regarding the campaign. We really dodged a bullet when McCain and Palin lost the election as the two of them wanted to fight every perceived enemy of our country with the full might of the U.S. military including nuclear weapons. Palin's latest stupid quote, ''Mr President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.'' If that doesn't scare the hell out of you, I don't know what would.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:56 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,153 times
Sarah Palin "good"? Is this a joke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies