Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
The problem is you have to be very careful what you expose a young child to. They're like honey, and everything sticks. The folks at Disney should be careful how they compose lyrics, since they're targeting young children.

I don't agree with the Satin thing, but I do agree those lyrics are marginal at best.

Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.

And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do,
to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me.
I'm free!

I'm never going back; the past is in the past!

Let it go, let it go.
And I'll rise like the break of dawn.
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone

Here I stand, in the light of day.

I mean, those lyrics are all about rebellion. Being a parent of a once little girl, I have to wonder how many 5-6-7 year old's decided "no rules for me" was a great idea.
I agree. Satin is the worst. It is slippery, and wrinkles terribly. It's probably best to go with a silk.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You'll have to ask the liberals who clearly listen to his show and repost what he says here. They seem to take what he says seriously, but since liberalism is a mental disorder I suppose they aren't sane
Yes, I take it very seriously. That's why I called the local exorcist after I bought a leather jacket and a vase from the Salvation Army. It got very ugly......pea soup and holy water all over the place!
The vase didn't make it.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I agree. Satin is the worst. It is slippery, and wrinkles terribly. It's probably best to go with a silk.
oops

But silk is even more evil... EVIL! Satan created bugs... and silk comes from... BUGS!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
The problem is you have to be very careful what you expose a young child to. They're like honey, and everything sticks. The folks at Disney should be careful how they compose lyrics, since they're targeting young children.

I don't agree with the Satan thing, but I do agree those lyrics are marginal at best.

Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.

And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do,
to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me.
I'm free!

I'm never going back; the past is in the past!
Let it go, let it go.
And I'll rise like the break of dawn.
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand, in the light of day.

I mean, those lyrics are all about rebellion. Being a parent of a once little girl, I have to wonder how many 5-6-7 year old's decided "no rules for me" was a great idea.
You believe song lyrics, that a child won't be analyzing anyway, will override everything a parent teaches their child? Must be some song. The girl singing it wasn't 5-6-7 though so I don't get the problem.

Besides, rebellion is part of the process.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,343 times
What's wrong with rebellion? As long as you have a good moral compass, it does not matter. Do you think we got as far as we did in America by always following rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Disney has gotten creepy and many of its young stars seem to really come away from there seriously messed up and self destructive. But that's a trend in the entertainment industry as a whole today.
Its probably just reflecting societal trends and you have some people there who do want to push that. If they had a show or movie promoting kids hunting or handling firearms( which they used to do all the time) many of the left would be having hissy fits. Man, Disney used to be so cool, what happened to it?
I don't know. I feel like Disney stopped being a good business when they started having more than just mostly cartoons but as much as I hate the corporates there, I believe Michael Eisner (I think it was him?) admitted that Disney was not meant to do anything but make a profit.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:54 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, I take it very seriously. That's why I called the local exorcist after I bought a leather jacket and a vase from the Salvation Army. It got very ugly......pea soup and holy water all over the place!
The vase didn't make it.
Homemade or Habitant? With our without bacon?

Old 03-12-2014, 05:48 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Personally, I'd go with Habitant with bacon.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I can see the message as rebellious...for girls... in the song Let it go , she sings - "no right , no wrong , no rules for me" , a bad message for little girls to listen to.

The message is , don't be perfect, do what ever you want as you have no rules, no right or wrong , and who cares if they shun you.. not a good message at all.. sending this little minds a bad message and parents don't care or don't listen to the words or the underlying message.
The character is being persecuted by a lynch mob who want to imprison her just because she was born different, what attitude is she supposed to take?

I guess a woman defending herself is considered radical lesbianism by modern day conservatives.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 AM

684 posts, read 824,700 times
If there's one thing I've learned on these boards, it's that any pundit or political figure(Historical or contemporary) vaguely associated with any movement automatically represents every single person of that movement.

So everyone on the left agrees with everything Stalin did and everyone on the right agrees with everything Westboro Baptist and/or Hitler did.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
If there's one thing I've learned on these boards, it's that any pundit or political figure(Historical or contemporary) vaguely associated with any movement automatically represents every single person of that movement.

So everyone on the left agrees with everything Stalin did and everyone on the right agrees with everything Westboro Baptist and/or Hitler did.
The far right religious nuts are insane, an that's a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies