Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times

Advertisements

What he said has been proven to be 1. factually incorrect and 2. racist. NBA is 80 percent black.

10 years ago the league did have a bad image, but Stern cleaned it up. When I think of the top players in the league that are national names, guys like Durant and Lebron and Curry, I don't see a thug, unlike Garofalo who assumes every young black male is one.

Minnesota Politician Pat Garofalo Tweets Incredibly Racist Comment about*NBA | Extra Mustard - SI.com

This clown is from my state and has been backtracking all day over this. I say don't backtrack, admit what you are, another white conservative male who dislikes blacks, which is the norm for white conservative males. Don't hide that your a racist, embrace it.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
What he said has been proven to be 1. factually incorrect and 2. racist. NBA is 80 percent black.

10 years ago the league did have a bad image, but Stern cleaned it up. When I think of the top players in the league that are national names, guys like Durant and Lebron and Curry, I don't see a thug, unlike Garofalo who assumes every young black male is one.

Minnesota Politician Pat Garofalo Tweets Incredibly Racist Comment about*NBA | Extra Mustard - SI.com

This clown is from my state and has been backtracking all day over this. I say don't backtrack, admit what you are, another white conservative male who dislikes blacks, which is the norm for white conservative males. Don't hide that your a racist, embrace it.
Will you admit you don't like black people? You have proven it on here many times, yet I don't think you will admit it, so what is the difference.

I can tell you, I find more conservative white males who do not hate me for the color of my skin, then liberal white males.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
I don't see anything inherently racist about his comment. Was it? Maybe or maybe not, but I could say the same thing about the NHL without referring to race.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:

Find a mirror, look into it and tell yourself "I will not be a hypocrit"

Old 03-10-2014, 05:25 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't see anything inherently racist about his comment. Was it? Maybe or maybe not, but I could say the same thing about the NHL without referring to race.
great point. nhl routinely has fights during the games, many times planned in advance. these same white conservative males will say its part of the game. if you ever saw anything like that in the nba these smae white conservative males would be saying what a bunch of thugs.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
There have been white NBA players who were bad news. We had one in Seattle not long ago. A 7 foot guy named Robert Smith made over $20 million during a fairly short career but nonetheless wound up unable to pay his mortgage, which was foreclosed. His house was sold at auction but he refused to move out. When he was finally forced to leave the house was a wreck, w/ beer cans, pizza boxes, empty shell casings, bullet holes in the walls, and pet feces on the floor.

How do you know, short of mental telepathy, whether this guy had a Robert Swift in mind?

And it's common knowledge that a lot of NBA players smoke pot. I knew a guy who was a weightlifter and hung out at a health food/supplement store a lot because his friend worked there. He told me that quite a few Sonics came in there to buy products to mask pot so that they wouldn't test positive when tested. Spare us the outrage. A lot of NBA players smoke pot, both black and white. It was well known around town when Gary Payton was here that he smoked weed. I knew girls who worked for the Sonics, both dancers and front office. They told me all about it.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
great point. nhl routinely has fights during the games, many times planned in advance. these same white conservative males will say its part of the game. if you ever saw anything like that in the nba these smae white conservative males would be saying what a bunch of thugs.
Planned fights in the NHL ? Okay man now you are reaching for ANYTHING you can LOL .

Guess what, fights do happen in the NBA and nobody acts out like you claim.

So anything intelligent to say or ? Seems like YOU are the one with a race problem.

That tweet wasnt racist at all.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Could we stretch this racist crap anymore....

Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Clearly, people playing the his tweet wasn't racist game are being a lot disingenuous.

First the NBA is at least 70% African American.

In America, the racist narrative about African American men says they are inherently criminal.

So sending a tweet which says that a league that is made up mostly of players who are African American that if it 70% of the teams disbanded, those players on those teams would be so criminal and commit so much crime as to cause the actual crime rates to go up in multiple cities is an incredibly racist thing to say given ACTUAL AMERICAN history and reality.

Now what was in that man's heart when he sent that tweet out, is an impossibility to say, but again given the actual content of the tweet and American history, I have no problem saying that it was a racist or prejudiced tweet.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:00 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
The leftwing whackjobs here are professional outragers at every opportunity. It's what makes them so damn laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies